General

other hobbies

Posted by santifernandez on 05 Jan 2014, 14:21

You have anothers hobbies.....
I am fan-suppoter of RCDEspanyol a football team of my city, is not as well known as the other side of the city but is better.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by myname96 on 05 Jan 2014, 15:58

I collect ancient coins (Roman Greek and Bible related), one of my goals is to collect a silver denarius from every Roman Emperor from 1 A.D- 300 A.D. so far I have collected 26 of them. As you can see, I still have a ways to go. ;-) One goal I recently completed was to collect a coin from every major person (Jewish King, Roman Emperor, Roman Governor and Foreign King) mentioned in the New Testament. :D

[Note: these are not my coins, it is just a image I found on the net ]

I also like playing star wars miniatures, they are loads of fun........ 8)

myname96  United States of America

Posted by Mabbers on 05 Jan 2014, 22:04

Great hobby, where do you get your coins?
Mabbers  Scotland

Posted by Emperor on 05 Jan 2014, 22:36

I collects comics, manga, books, read books, write some stuff, like doing comic but not so good, I was walleyball player for 4 years, played some games, collect interesting stuff like sand clocks, Tesla ball, old clock and pocket watches, read stuff on Wikipedia, have my own wiki with my minions etc etc...
Emperor  

Posted by myname96 on 05 Jan 2014, 22:43

Mabbers wrote:Great hobby, where do you get your coins?

I like going to Coin shows and there are two local dealers that I frequent..... and I do buy online one of my favorite websites is. :-D

http://biblicalmites.com/

Posted by tom s on 05 Jan 2014, 23:17

im sure reading goes without saying for everybody in this hobby.so my other hobby would be working out in preparation for a run or a stair climb, etc.i may be getting older but i do still like challenging myself.
tom s  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by myname96 on 05 Jan 2014, 23:23

tom s wrote:im sure reading goes without saying for everybody in this hobby.so my other hobby would be working out in preparation for a run or a stair climb, etc.i may be getting older but i do still like challenging myself.

True, reading is a favorite pastime, I spend two much time casing two kids (2 & 6 years old) to use a stair climber..... ;-)

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Jan 2014, 08:10

Since the Banks went Bust! And lost my Trust! I began to collect old dusty rolled up Banknotes. However the new banknotes will be rather springy indeed and rolling them is going to be quite hard to do, because,They The British Government are soon going to issue plastic banknotes! It`s true,unlike them,would I lie to you.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 07 Jan 2014, 22:13

My other hobbies are collection DVD's. I can say that most of them are hobby related. And reading books of course. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Alex on 07 Jan 2014, 22:17

I love walking through the woods on a long distance (20-40 kilometers per day) prietom I like to go alone and that no one had seen me .. 8)
Alex  Russia

Posted by Peter on 07 Jan 2014, 22:54

Alex wrote:I love walking through the woods on a long distance (20-40 kilometers per day) prietom I like to go alone and that no one had seen me .. 8)

I knew it! Someone who sculpts figures like you must be an "elf"! :-D ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Alex on 07 Jan 2014, 23:04

I'm afraid my friend that I did not similar to elf .... :mrgreen:
Alex  Russia

Posted by Emperor on 07 Jan 2014, 23:21

@My Name I know that here at my place you can find old K und K coins and Turkish Dukats...We had discussion how many Armies hid treasures during conflicts here...
@Alex I had think you had beard XD Never knew you are looking so much young, you remind me on my dad in look...Anyway Alex, tell us about famous Pugachov's treasure...I red something about it...
Anyway I made a movie... Don't know will it work...
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3IAnKf ... 9KYjQ/edit
Emperor  

Posted by Ben Bob on 08 Jan 2014, 04:00

Myname, I have a (very) small coin collection as well, all are of the United Stated of America though. I admire your focus on specific collecting goals: I tended to simply go after whatever caught my eye. I think my favorite coins are the Barber series, and the Morgan dollar. i haven't added to the collection for years though :roll:

Anyway, I (like most of you) enjoy reading. I mostly like military history, and recently read one of Richard Feynman's books, so I suppose I like autobiography as well!

My other major interest is my humble music collection (all are sterile and characterless mp3 files, not vinyl, I'm afraid). I like classic rock, and modern "alternative" music. I don't quite understand what is alternative about it, but much of the music is cool :-D

p.s., Alex, you walk very long distances :shock:
Ben Bob  United States of America

Posted by myname96 on 08 Jan 2014, 12:03

Ben Bob wrote:Myname, I have a (very) small coin collection as well, all are of the United Stated of America though. I admire your focus on specific collecting goals: I tended to simply go after whatever caught my eye. I think my favorite coins are the Barber series, and the Morgan dollar. i haven't added to the collection for years though :roll:

Hi Ben Bob,

I have a few American coins as well, mostly Civil War and WWII Era. :) Another Hobby I have is what I call my "treasure box", in it I have a small collection of historic artifact I've collected over the years. Things like AWI and ACW bullets, Indian arrowheads, German WWI Iron cross & Dog tags, a piece of coal from the Titanic, so forth ........ My goal is to use the items to instill in my two kids, my love for history. I hope that when they start learning about history in school, the fact that they can hold and touch these items from the past will ignite their desire to learn more. :-D

Posted by armpcm on 08 Jan 2014, 13:17

Hi all,

I see that there are a lot of other hobbies that I share also with some of you:

@ Emperor, tom s, Ben Bob, Peter reading books :read:

@ Peter collecting DVD´s and some Blu-ray :-)

@ Alex walking in the woods, usually with dogs but not great distances like you :cheers:

Also i like woodworking, mostly restoring old pieces of furniture, usually to personal use.
armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Jan 2014, 14:55

Well more of a hobby really is my obsession with collecting Toys from the 1940`s 50`s and 60`s and if possible restoring them. However what I really want to tell you about ,is not my hobby although I do use them,as indeed many of you do too. It is this ever increasing pile of plastic bottle tops in all colours,that arrive now daily since the kiddies of Fiddlewood where I live,found out that I use them when painting model figures. Yes these sweet kids have a Great Hobby collecting bottle tops and thier bright smiles are always welcome as they hand them over.Of course I do use them and then recycle them but make sure the kids don`t see me placing them in the bin. It`s good to see the kiddies being helpful in this way.and it always brighten up my day.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Emperor on 08 Jan 2014, 20:24

My second hoby is analyzing and associations...You have that show Music word puzzle, and the final game is Associations, you have four fields that give solution to final filed, and the four fields have four fields more...
I also like chess and table pool...Table pool is fun...
Emperor  

Posted by Peter on 08 Jan 2014, 22:21

Alex wrote:I'm afraid my friend that I did not similar to elf .... :mrgreen:

I can't see your ears, but almost my friend! Almost! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 09 Jan 2014, 15:58

I think we did something like this before in another thread, but what the heck! I have a couple of guitars that I don't use much anymore, a lot of books, a lot of vinyl records, a dog that I walk and these small fellows we all like.
Susofrick  Sweden

Next page

Return to General