General

Something a little different

Posted by ModernKiwi on 05 Apr 2009, 10:14

Well my paints and figures may be packed away, but that doesn't mean I'm not doing anything.

On Saturday night, me and 7-8 friends got together to watch the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica. We had a costume theme, and I decided to come as Galactica herself.

I downloaded this paper model from the internet and got to work:

A whole of of glue and sticky tape later, and I'm done.

And it was a very good evenings entertainment too with BSG cocktails and loads of pizza. Lots of fun - and no hangover either. :thumbup:
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by Adam on 05 Apr 2009, 12:51

Sounds like fun- I'm a big fan of both geeky film parties and fancy dress- so this sounds great! :thumbup:

We did a back to back lord of the ring extended edition once, sad thing was when we finished me, emma and my mates wife started watching the special features- the rest left in disgust. We also had a LOTR party in a reenactment centre we go to- we dressed a mock tudor house up as the prancing pony at bree. Rather irritatingly had no pictures of me in, but there was this one of Two friends as an Elf and a dwarf, and Emma as a dwarf and a general shot beneath. Our rotund lightly bearded friend Ivor played barliman for us and dispensed our drinks out and brought them round. He was just like barliman in real life and rather sadly died of cancer last year, but Its was a wonderfull evening and a great way to remember him.

Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 05 Apr 2009, 12:56

Sounds it was big fun Chris ;-)

@Adam: a story with a sad end. Feel sorry for you mate.

Greetings Peter
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 06 Apr 2009, 06:58

Great with the new name, Chris! And sounds like a fun evening.

@Adam. I can only agree with Peter. Awful to lose friends.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by ModernKiwi on 06 Apr 2009, 07:05

Yah there was too much confusion with The Grumbler. He had his name first, so I changed.

It was a fun night. Sorry about your loss Adam.
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by Adam on 06 Apr 2009, 09:00

Hey Sorry dude, wasn't supposed to hijack you thread with misery- thansk for the kind comments guys but Ivor was a top bloke and there is no sadness there, we had a funeral which was sad (he had 50 reenactors bearing him in) and now just good memories. :-)

Was the final series great then grumpy (the name changed but the nickname might have stuck :-D ) I only saw as far as part of the second, am gonna start again soon though? And do you like Firefly too?
Adam  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by ModernKiwi on 06 Apr 2009, 10:35

Yes, if you liked the first two series, then you should definately watch the last two.

And yeah, I like Firefly too, reminds me of Traveller (and that takes me back to about 1980).
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Return to General