General

Diorama's in movies

Posted by Emperor on 10 Sep 2013, 22:01

Ok here we go...A lot of us have seen many various dioramas in diferent movies...So I think, if there is not subject of this kind on this forum we should start one...Also I would like that this topic be our little lybrari for picture and clips of dioramas from the movies...
So i will start...I have in my mind and memory few movies and shows where diorama were displayed...
First diorama from movie Murder at 1600...I found company that made that diorama on net...http://www.crossedswords.net/GALLERY.htm
Second diorama from movie Ronin...http://s284.photobucket.com/user/Horsef ... 0.jpg.html
Third i think Lord Cuttler Becket from Pirates of Carebean had a diorama in his boat....
Fourth I remember a German show back than on Super RTL when I was a kid, it was called Holiche nachba or Neighbors from Hell...There was an episode of two senior collectors who started a war over a single figure...The diorama of one of them was shown, and at end destroyed...We also find out at end that the salesman on fleemark told them lie and that he is skiled modelar(or at least can produce a copy from papermachee)...
If this subject exist or is inproprier, forgive me...
Emperor  

Posted by Rosbif on 11 Sep 2013, 05:41

I don't know about dioramas, but there was an English spy series in the 1970s called Callan where the eponymous lead character was also a wargamer. His wargaming exploits sometimes featured in the series eg. http://wargamingmiscellany.blogspot.com ... art-1.html
Rosbif  Australia

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Kekso on 11 Sep 2013, 10:30

Not exactly diorama but close enough to this topic... it is still our hobby... :-D :-D :-D

Thanks Benno for reminding me about that scene :-D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 11 Sep 2013, 12:31

i remember an old Inspector Columbo movie that features a stunnig ACW Diorama presented to the direktor of some kind of military institute. Well one Toy Soldier was the clue to find the crook.
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by armpcm on 11 Sep 2013, 12:52

Wheeling Turn wrote:i remember an old Inspector Columbo movie that features a stunnig ACW Diorama presented to the direktor of some kind of military institute. Well one Toy Soldier was the clue to find the crook.

Where it is :-D

armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by west1871 on 11 Sep 2013, 19:56

There was one in a Bond film "The living day lights" about Waterloo but I can't find a clip on YouTube sadly :cry:
west1871  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by santifernandez on 11 Sep 2013, 20:25

I remember a movie about a killer who painted figures of Samurai and he have a large diorama at home but do not remember the title...
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by armpcm on 12 Sep 2013, 09:36

west1871 wrote:There was one in a Bond film "The living day lights" about Waterloo but I can't find a clip on YouTube sadly :cry:

Hi Rich,

I searched a little bit and found this clip, advance to 1:39 to see a little bit of the dioramas :-)

santifernandez wrote:I remember a movie about a killer who painted figures of Samurai and he have a large diorama at home but do not remember the title...

Hi Santi the Emperor posted the info on his original post.

Emperor wrote:Second diorama from movie Ronin

But is always good to see the diorama. :-)

armpcm  Portugal

Posted by Peter on 12 Sep 2013, 11:49

There is one in the Dutch movie "Flodder 1". I found that part on youtube, but I think it's better that you find it yourself. The figures on the diorama are moving at a specific moment :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by armpcm on 12 Sep 2013, 11:57

Peter wrote:The figures on the diorama are moving at a specific moment :mrgreen:

The color pallet is very well achieved :mrgreen:
armpcm  Portugal

Return to General