Work in Progress

A fountain was born

Posted by JueHue on 13 May 2022, 03:33

Morning all

I have a vacuum diorama plate. I made a mould from it and cast it.
I want to put a fountain and a vehicle and a few figures on it. I don't know exactly which ones yet.
Let's seeI what I have in my collection. The edge of the fountain is Sratch. 2 x 1,5 mm plates glued together, sawed out halfway round with a fretsaw, the rest turned in a lathe.
The gargoyle is also turned from wood.
The rim of the fountain is glued onto a vitamin tablet tube. I reduced the height once because it seemed too high. The foundation is a plate of impact sound insulation for laminate.
Dimensions of the base: 45mmx45mm Fountain: height 13 mm diameter 34 mm the small base is 15 mm.
The water spout is now straight, I have removed the washers between the wooden parts.
I just could not align the elements.
I have started to apply small layers of Window colour crystal clear as water.
In the meantime I will continue to work on the base of the fountain.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Bye
Jürgen.
JueHue  Germany
 
Posts: 142
Member since:
25 Dec 2020, 13:01


Posted by C M Dodson on 13 May 2022, 10:32

Very nice indeed.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 2089
Member since:
01 May 2015, 18:48

Posted by Peter on 13 May 2022, 15:29

It's always good to have a fountain in this hot times! :mrgreen:

Real nice work Jürgen! :thumbup:
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 21348
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51

Posted by JueHue on 25 May 2022, 16:35

Hi I wanted to show the progress at the well before our vacation. He's done. I chose red marble. The water from Windowcolor takes a long time to dry, around 1.5 days per layer. I don't remember how many layers I applied. The pretty ball on top is from a bicycle bearing. See you again.


.Image



Image



Image


Image

greetings Jürgen
JueHue  Germany
 
Posts: 142
Member since:
25 Dec 2020, 13:01


Return to Work in Progress