Work in Progress

The Popemobile

Posted by huib on 09 Nov 2021, 22:31

Is that you in the middle, Santi?
huib  Netherlands

Posted by Santi Pérez on 13 Nov 2021, 01:28

huib wrote:...Is that you in the middle, Santi?

No, huib, I'm sure that's not me...he lacks my glasses and beard. :mrgreen:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Graeme on 13 Nov 2021, 02:07

Santi's much smarter than that guy, he only took photos of the dismantled police car, he didn't film himself doing it. :xd:

Very nice progress on the Popemobile, it's looking good.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Santi Pérez on 20 Nov 2021, 18:10

Graeme wrote:Santi's much smarter than that guy, he only took photos of the dismantled police car, he didn't film himself doing it. :xd:

Very nice progress on the Popemobile, it's looking good.

You're right, Graeme. Besides, I didn't wreck the police car, I just took the seat off it. The vehicle still remains operational, although one of the policemen will have to travel standing up. :mrgreen:

I like that you like the progress of the popemobile and hope you also like the next step.

Seventh stage: the decals

The designs to be the decals are first printed on self-adhesive paper and tested on the unconverted model. Only after this, they will be printed on virgin decal paper and applied to the finished popemobile. An smaller version of the coat of arms of the Vatican City will also be needed for the Pope's armchair.

These are the test pictures:

Once the decals will be fixed on place, the popemobile will be complete. Its pictures will be post on the Gallery section. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 21 Nov 2021, 09:47

Fantastic final result Santi! I love that color! :love:

Now what is your next project! :mrgreen:

:joker:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 01 Dec 2021, 21:43

Peter wrote:Fantastic final result Santi! I love that color! :love:
Now what is your next project! :mrgreen: :joker:

Maybe it could be because that's the color of your car, Peter? :tongue:

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the original color of the car was long ago replaced by the definitive white. :winky:

By the way, while I was finishing the popemobile I have prepared a supplement for it. You can see it here:

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25200

Best regards. :-D

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 01 Dec 2021, 22:28

I've seen it! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 08 Dec 2021, 04:50

The gold is so rich and so very beautiful I love the intricacy of the detail, such as the symbol on the door, lovely work!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Susofrick on 08 Dec 2021, 11:40

It is good that you repainted the car. If you kept the gold you probably would have to make a Peter too. :-D Follow this with great interest!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 09 Dec 2021, 21:21

Thank you, guys!

OwenChpw wrote:The gold is so rich and so very beautiful I love the intricacy of the detail, such as the symbol on the door, lovely work!

If it weren't for the flags and coats of arms, no one would say it's the popemobile, right, Owen? :mrgreen:

Susofrick wrote:It is good that you repainted the car. If you kept the gold you probably would have to make a Peter too. :-D Follow this with great interest!

I think the same, Susofrick. It was a great idea to repaint the car, mainly because it was necessary for looking like the original popemobile. :winky:

The decals are already fixed on the vehicle. I only need some good moment to take the pictures and post them on the Gallery section. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 09 Dec 2021, 22:43

Susofrick wrote:It is good that you repainted the car. If you kept the gold you probably would have to make a Peter too. :-D Follow this with great interest!

But there is a Belgian car plate on it! Santi must make me, here is a picture of me with sixpack: :mrgreen:

Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 10 Dec 2021, 00:35

Santi Pérez wrote:If it weren't for the flags and coats of arms, no one would say it's the popemobile, right, Owen? :mrgreen:

Haha, at the very least, it would be an unusually flashy car, even by flashy car standards!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Santi Pérez on 11 Dec 2021, 19:59

Peter wrote:...But there is a Belgian car plate on it! Santi must make me, here is a picture of me with sixpack: :mrgreen:

I think I could make you, Peter. It seems not a difficult conversion. I would only need to find a 1/72 civilian figure with his arms crossed on his chest. :tongue:

OwenChpw wrote:...Haha, at the very least, it would be an unusually flashy car, even by flashy car standards!

I can imagine that Peter loves to attract attention on the street in a car as flashy as his seems to be. :mrgreen:

Santi. ;-)
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 12 Dec 2021, 23:09

:mrgreen:

Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 17 Dec 2021, 20:50

Peter wrote: :mrgreen:

I'd never really paid too much attention to this set, Peter. But now that I look at it in detail at PSR, I think it offers great conversion possibilities, not only for your portrait with sixpack ( :tongue: ), but for many other figures. :drool:

Unfortunately I have been looking for it on the internet and it seems that it is not available, at least at reasonable prices. :(

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress