Work in Progress

Scottish Grenadiers in AWI - CONVERSIONS

Posted by Photoro Man on 05 Jun 2020, 17:04

These are my Scottish conversions trying to build my own troops since there are no figures to buy for the AWI. ´been waiting for years now for HäT, but finally, Corona made me do my own ones.
Check these out and comments are more than welcome. I always try to improve!!!!!!!!!

Figures are_
- the Crimean Scots by Strelets, with Airfix heads. Some back-up by Airfix and Italerie
- Hagen´s AWI Scottish Troops
- Napoleonics converted using heads / Barets from Airfix commandos and a soldering iron converting it

Photoro Man  

Posted by Kekso on 05 Jun 2020, 17:21

My reply to both of your today's posts: You've been very busy lately.
Nice figures.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by MABO on 06 Jun 2020, 07:23

Yes, really a great army. Took me years to paint I think.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 06 Jun 2020, 09:50

MABO wrote:Took me years to paint I think.

We should make painting competition with theme "No sleep, no food, no drink, no bathroom break until finished painting an army unit" :xd: :xd: :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 06 Jun 2020, 19:35

Kekso wrote:
We should make painting competition with theme "No sleep, no food, no drink, no bathroom break until finished painting an army unit" :xd: :xd: :xd:

Or Groupbuildings!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 07 Jun 2020, 05:48

Terrific mix of uniforms, the Grenadier heads look good, and nice job on the facings and lace of the jackets, the figures look great in formation.
Graeme  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Rich W on 07 Jun 2020, 11:40

Nice creativity. Real mixture of poses etc
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Michael Robert on 07 Jun 2020, 16:04

Hello Photoro Man,
I would happily accord you the title of "photoroaring man" - a whole avalanche of figures, lots of good ideas, no fear of conversions. I see you enrolled, Swedish, Saxon, Prussians, Austrians, French, Russians, probably I miss others into your Army.
Give us more of your ideas and you will surely also find a lot of new ideas on painting and conversions on this forum.
Cheers
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Posted by Photoro Man on 08 Jun 2020, 16:23

Hi,

I would be in for that right now. Circumstances given, that is my most ´probably win ever in this forum!!!!!!!!!!
Photoro Man  

Posted by Photoro Man on 08 Jun 2020, 16:31

@ MABO:
My ideas: I used to run into Thomsomfield, the CHAMP in AWI Conversions etc. - he got me affected in that topic and uniformology. PLENTY of different uniform (mostly US side, British noooot so many) and the way of converting AWI soldiers and HOW TO adapt Napoleonics etc to AWI Uniforms.
So, ..., here I am. I used to convert and solder and experiment for years, having way more fun creating new figues and postures etc than painting. But, with me being forced to homesit, I started forcing me to paint instead or keeping on converting.

My idea is /was to have a company (-sized) Unit per most relevant units, meaning British in all lapel colors one Unit, some Loyalists to get more diversity on the ´Red Side´and donig some cool US uniforms meaning coats of grey, sand, light blue with different lapel colors etc instead of the typical blue coats that most collectors have.

And, one day, a fantasy battle diorama with these units since you can´t use them all on one battle field. If I´ll ever have enough room for that ;-).

Greetings to y´all from my painting cellar in Germany , Photoro
Photoro Man  

Posted by Photoro Man on 08 Jun 2020, 16:34

Kekso wrote:

Let´s go! But I would add, at least, AND BEER ;-). Just got me 4 cases of the WATERLOO BREW they had in my local store around the corner. Since the original Reenactment is being cancelled, I think I ´ll enpty these in honor of the 205th anniversary all alone :drool:
Photoro Man  

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 09 Jun 2020, 06:28

Good to see the progress on these minis, there's a lot of them!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by C M Dodson on 09 Jun 2020, 12:25

Interesting stuff with some nice chopping going on.

I like the commando beret idea although a squashed ball of greenstuff might be easier.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Return to Work in Progress