Work in Progress

french foreign legion

Posted by dykio on 20 Oct 2019, 14:57

hi Guys,

it seems that the ffl is going to some sort of revival seeing al those fantastic posts on the forum. Now i have painted my arabs so now its time for their enymies the ffl. So here are some wip pictures. Now these are going to be done in my own" speedpainting" method so with any luck these wil only take me a couple of months :-D :-D :-D

First (and most annoing ) step is removing flesh and mouldlines…. i really hate this step !
But i also had some old airfix figures with a lot of extra plastic so this had to be done

Next step wash a little washing up

After that just let them dry

As you can see the mould wasnt that good anymore. Some datails were missing which is not the quality you expect of italeri….

at the end they wil look something like this (i hope :-D )

Then i spraypainted the whole lot and the first basecolor blue went on.

to be continued,,,,

Laterrrrrrr
dykio  Netherlands

Posted by Santi Pérez on 20 Oct 2019, 17:31

dykio wrote:...Now these are going to be done in my own" speedpainting" method so with any luck these wil only take me a couple of months :-D :-D :-D
...First (and most annoing ) step is removing flesh and mouldlines…. i really hate this step !,,,

dykio, I'm happy to see that you have a "speedpainting" method similar to mine (although I'm sure that you will finish your figures much earlier than me). :lol:

I also hate the process of removing flash and mouldlines...but I hate more to paint figures not flash free.

Great beginning with these wonderful figures from Esci/Italeri and Airfix. Go on with them! You have my complete support. :yeah:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 24 Oct 2019, 21:09

Great to see that these Airfix and Esci/Italeri figures go well together. Can't wait to se them painted! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by dykio on 29 Oct 2019, 20:49

thanks guys !

here is a little update on the progres.

Now whats left are the fleshcolour, the guns and some restauration because i Always seem to mis some spots :-D

And then the fun begins with highligting and a wash. More progres in the weekend (i hope)

Laterrrr
dykio  Netherlands

Posted by Peter on 06 Nov 2019, 22:22

Looks real good so far Dykio! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Nov 2019, 00:28

Yes a few miss runs and that's very naughty quality control.
Very good to see your painting topic here Dykio, :thumbup:
and i look forwards to seeing more of your progress. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Nov 2019, 11:28

Great to see your work here again! Been to long between!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by dykio on 08 Nov 2019, 12:35

Thanks fellow painters!,

@susofrick It has been a long time since i was active on the hobby but i'm Always watching al the amazing work presented by the fellow members. But sometimes i just lack the inspiration to do something myself. Usually when autumn comes and the weather is getting worse is for me the moment to pick it up again!

Back to this topic, the best football player ever once said : every disadvantage has an advantage (i hope i translate is right in dutch it says: ieder nadeel heeft zijn voordeel.... As perhaps some of you might know i have crohn's disease. and the last couple of days is forced me to stay in house. But it also gave me the time to finish these ffl-figures, So up to the galery they go !!
dykio  Netherlands

Posted by Bill Slavin on 08 Nov 2019, 15:13

I'm in a space right now to completely relate to your feelings. I'm sorry your crohn's is keeping you indoors but glad to know it gave you an opportunity to find your inspiration!
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Work in Progress