Work in Progress

Swiss Guard, Pope and Cardinals

Posted by Santi Pérez on 12 Aug 2020, 22:24

Egbert wrote:...wonderful and great job my friend!

Thank you so much, Egbert. It’s always a pleasure to get your recognition in any of my projects. :wink:

My best regards. :beer:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Rich W on 13 Aug 2020, 00:04

Excellent work Santi! Your painted figures look better than the real thing in the photo!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Santi Pérez on 14 Aug 2020, 00:19

I feel overwhelmed by for your kind words, Rich W. Thanks very much. :oops:

Rich W wrote:Excellent work Santi! Your painted figures look better than the real thing in the photo!

Can it be that my camera is better than the one that made the photo obtained from the internet? That would explain everything, hahaha.

My best compliments. :-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Photoro Man on 18 Nov 2020, 23:08

Hi, a little late for my question, but may I ask how you did the buttons?
That is one of my major problems in conversations.

Apart from that, some idea for shafts of weapons that will make your wife happy, too. Flower thread - the long, thin metal thread that flowerists use to straighten / stabilize flowers.
Just ask for some extras while you buy a rose for your sweetheart ;-).

All edges / other endings of 'PVA conversions' can be simulated by PVA'ed threads used for buttons etc. Just check what thickness you need.

But the buttons, good lord, they evade all my tricks and imaginations.

I really need help :-(!!!!!

Greetings, Photoro
Photoro Man  

Posted by Santi Pérez on 22 Nov 2020, 07:11

Photoro Man wrote:...May I ask how you did the buttons?... Apart from that, some idea for shafts of weapons that will make your wife happy, too. Flower thread... All edges / other endings of 'PVA conversions' can be simulated by PVA'ed threads used for buttons...

Good idea using flower thread for weapons shafts. I must try that sometime and make happy my wife at the same time. Thank you for the advice, Photoro. :tongue:

I make all my modelling conversions using only PVA glue and a toothpick to apply it. I "draw" the required item with a PVA line and then I proceed to add one layer and another until the required thickness is reached. The same applies to buttons, except these are easier to make. Just put a glue stitch in the desired place and then add more stitches on top until you get the necessary thickness. :thumbup:

I hope I helped you with your problem. ;-)

Best regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Nov 2020, 17:03

:coffee: Anyone that uses white glue for buttons on figure conversions is A OK with little me. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 23 Nov 2020, 22:59

White wood glue is a very versatile material and ideal for conversions for me. Cheap, easy to work with and very resistance once hardened, don't you agree, BB? :mrgreen:

Cheers. :beer:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by sansovino on 26 Nov 2020, 12:19

Wonderful to see you back in the forum with new miniatures! Go on with exciting projects!
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 02 Dec 2020, 19:56

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, sansovino. But, are you sure that you are not confounding me with someone else? I think that I've never left the forum for any long period since my arriving at it. :lol:

I agree that this is an exciting project (of course, it's mine :mrgreen: )...but also one with a very slow progress. :sweatdrop:

Best regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 02 Dec 2020, 22:56

Santi Pérez wrote:I agree that this is an exciting project (of course, it's mine :mrgreen: )...but also one with a very slow progress. :sweatdrop:

Best regards.

Santi.

I must check your contract if this allowed! With some people we have a contract from one figure a month! :P :joker:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress