Work in Progress

Swiss Guard, Pope and Cardinals

Posted by Santi Pérez on 12 Aug 2020, 22:24

Egbert wrote:...wonderful and great job my friend!

Thank you so much, Egbert. It’s always a pleasure to get your recognition in any of my projects. :wink:

My best regards. :beer:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Rich W on 13 Aug 2020, 00:04

Excellent work Santi! Your painted figures look better than the real thing in the photo!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Santi Pérez on 14 Aug 2020, 00:19

I feel overwhelmed by for your kind words, Rich W. Thanks very much. :oops:

Rich W wrote:Excellent work Santi! Your painted figures look better than the real thing in the photo!

Can it be that my camera is better than the one that made the photo obtained from the internet? That would explain everything, hahaha.

My best compliments. :-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Photoro Man on 18 Nov 2020, 23:08

Hi, a little late for my question, but may I ask how you did the buttons?
That is one of my major problems in conversations.

Apart from that, some idea for shafts of weapons that will make your wife happy, too. Flower thread - the long, thin metal thread that flowerists use to straighten / stabilize flowers.
Just ask for some extras while you buy a rose for your sweetheart ;-).

All edges / other endings of 'PVA conversions' can be simulated by PVA'ed threads used for buttons etc. Just check what thickness you need.

But the buttons, good lord, they evade all my tricks and imaginations.

I really need help :-(!!!!!

Greetings, Photoro
Photoro Man  

Posted by Santi Pérez on 22 Nov 2020, 07:11

Photoro Man wrote:...May I ask how you did the buttons?... Apart from that, some idea for shafts of weapons that will make your wife happy, too. Flower thread... All edges / other endings of 'PVA conversions' can be simulated by PVA'ed threads used for buttons...

Good idea using flower thread for weapons shafts. I must try that sometime and make happy my wife at the same time. Thank you for the advice, Photoro. :tongue:

I make all my modelling conversions using only PVA glue and a toothpick to apply it. I "draw" the required item with a PVA line and then I proceed to add one layer and another until the required thickness is reached. The same applies to buttons, except these are easier to make. Just put a glue stitch in the desired place and then add more stitches on top until you get the necessary thickness. :thumbup:

I hope I helped you with your problem. ;-)

Best regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Nov 2020, 17:03

:coffee: Anyone that uses white glue for buttons on figure conversions is A OK with little me. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 23 Nov 2020, 22:59

White wood glue is a very versatile material and ideal for conversions for me. Cheap, easy to work with and very resistance once hardened, don't you agree, BB? :mrgreen:

Cheers. :beer:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by sansovino on 26 Nov 2020, 12:19

Wonderful to see you back in the forum with new miniatures! Go on with exciting projects!
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 02 Dec 2020, 19:56

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, sansovino. But, are you sure that you are not confounding me with someone else? I think that I've never left the forum for any long period since my arriving at it. :lol:

I agree that this is an exciting project (of course, it's mine :mrgreen: )...but also one with a very slow progress. :sweatdrop:

Best regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 02 Dec 2020, 22:56

Santi Pérez wrote:I agree that this is an exciting project (of course, it's mine :mrgreen: )...but also one with a very slow progress. :sweatdrop:

Best regards.

Santi.

I must check your contract if this allowed! With some people we have a contract from one figure a month! :P :joker:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 07 Dec 2020, 01:44

Peter wrote:I must check your contract if this allowed! With some people we have a contract from one figure a month! :P :joker:

I'm sure that I am not one of that people, Peter. I have a special contract. One of part-time employee in this forum, with the obligation of no more than one painted figure per year. :tongue:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 07 Dec 2020, 18:08

Santi Pérez wrote:I'm sure that I am not one of that people, Peter. I have a special contract. One of part-time employee in this forum, with the obligation of no more than one painted figure per year. :tongue:

Santi.

I was sure there was a writing in your contract about a pope and cardinals. One Swiss guard a year is right! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 07 Dec 2020, 23:35

Peter wrote:...I was sure there was a writing in your contract about a pope and cardinals. One Swiss guard a year is right! :mrgreen:

Thank you very much for your kind generosity, Peter. In payment I will also add a converted and painted popemobile before the summer of next year (Indeed I have already selected the right Hot Wheels car for it). :winky:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 10 Dec 2020, 20:43

My dear Santi, we have a deal! I'll send you the new contract! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Michael Robert on 13 Dec 2020, 21:31

Hi Santi,
maybe you paint only one guard per year - hopefully you'll do the pope in the near future - I mean otherwise he might change over the years...
well, just one figure and with buttons sculpted by putting layer on by layer, with a toothpick, using only PVA glue, but you make my day!
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 18 Dec 2020, 20:26

Peter wrote:My dear Santi, we have a deal! I'll send you the new contract! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Alright, Peter. I'm sure that you won't forget to include on it the popemobile for the next year. :tongue:

Michael Robert wrote:Hi Santi, maybe you paint only one guard per year - hopefully you'll do the pope in the near future - I mean otherwise he might change over the years...well, just one figure and with buttons sculpted by putting layer on by layer, with a toothpick, using only PVA glue, but you make my day! Michael

Thank you, Michael. I feel happy knowing that I made your day. There is no problem with the date I will paint the Pope figure. It's so generic that it can represent from Francis to Benedict XVI, or even John Paul II. :winky:

Best regards, mates.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 03 Jan 2021, 20:24

This is my humble contribution at the beggining of the new year. The second Swiss Guard figure for my diorama is finally ready. It's a Sergeant, the second in command of the military formation presenting arms to the Pope and Cardinals. His uniform is much less colourful than the other ranks, I know, but it also has its charm. :P

As always, a presentation picture for size purposes:

And then, the sequence of pictures with the converted, primed and painted figure, viewed from four different angles. :winky:

Front view:

Right view:

Back view:

Left view:

Thank you very much for watching and my best wishes for a Happy New Year to all. :love1:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 03 Jan 2021, 20:42

A happy new year for you to Santi!! And as you say yourself, a very nice start of the year! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by santifernandez on 03 Jan 2021, 21:01

Very personal style, bravo Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by MABO on 04 Jan 2021, 00:33

This figure is a really nice addition to your project!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress