Work in Progress

Napoleonic Austrian Artillery-Project

Posted by sansovino on 07 Mar 2018, 15:52

FredG inspired me to present already some first photos of my Napoleonic Austrian Artillery-Project which I am working since 2 months.

The final should present a whole austrian foot-artillery-battery with 8 canons (6 canons+2 howitzer) including its wagons and limbers which are often absent in artillery-projects. I have used some very interesting ammunition wagons from Art Miniaturen and Westfalia Miniature. I have partly made adaptions on them and have build also a own austrian Feuerwerkskasten-wagon.

The canons of Haets austrian artillery were too simple for me, so I have reproduced the canons and limbers of Revells 7YW-artillery-set which were still in use during the Napoleonic wars.
I will present also 2 austrian wurst-wagons which will crossing the battery in high speed, for which I have transformed the austrain horse artillery set of Haet. Its canons were horrible misproportioned (too broad that any soldier could ride on them, etc. etc.) and its horses were terrible and nearly belly-less.
I am adding still some figures from other sets, which I have transformed to train drivers and artillery-men to create more actions in the scenery.

I will use mostly soldiers from Haets foot artillery. I will add too some of the wonderful Franznap austrians like some austrian uhlans... Unfortunatly I can´t afford to build my battery only with their figures.

I am absolutly open to all kind of constructive critic or remarks which helps me to avoid mistakes ....

sansovino  Germany

Posted by FredG on 07 Mar 2018, 17:29

You'll be fed up with ochre paint by the end of this :-D
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 08 Mar 2018, 12:35

Massive assembly of Artillery. I am curious about the WIP. Looks great!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Work in Progress