Work in Progress

The Wurst Artillery Set

Posted by FredG on 17 Jan 2018, 20:19

Harnessing up the team will need quite a bit of time so I've shelved this set for the moment. I'll get back to it when there's a bit more daylight to play with. :yeah:
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by FredG on 19 Jan 2018, 14:10

I was searching the internet for a reasonable diagram of a six -horse team harness and the best one I've found was in my own library.
I've decided to go with the RHA version.

The rearmost horses will still be connected by the Austrian method and as a whole should be reasonable.

OR do you think differently? :P
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 21 Jan 2018, 14:34

FredG wrote:I was searching the internet for a reasonable diagram of a six -horse team harness and the best one I've found was in my own library.

It is the last place we look. Usually, when I misplace something, it is on my paint desk, right in front of my nose :xd: :xd: :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by FredG on 06 Mar 2018, 09:15

Wiking wrote:The pic clarifies the four in a row.
I thought in the first instance it is a joke. But it look like a real transport for the user of the gun.
The headgear is not well chosen for this kind of ride I think.

I remember from Revell a WW II German horse and carriage for a gun.
Two soldier sit forward and two backward. Far more comfortable as the soldiers pose show.

With the wurst riders in position the guns did travel slower than a "standard" cavalry piece but they could dismount and fire off two shots in the time it took a "standard" crew to dismount.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by sansovino on 06 Mar 2018, 20:01

A wonderful project and a very precious source of informations for my own Austrian Artillery Project....
Thanks a lot for your helpful advice and presentation of your austrian artillery....
sansovino  Germany

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress