Work in Progress

Quatre Bras 16th June 1815

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Oct 2017, 07:46

Agree totally with Paul (BB)! Love to see enclosed farms like this!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 10 Oct 2017, 14:09

The buildings are looking really good Chris. And congratulations on the Landwehr figures, I look forward to seeing them in action.

Many thanks to Paul for a really good suggestion. If I get to Belgium one day to see the Hundred Days battlefields some bits just won't be there. Google walking them before they disappear from Google Earth is an excellent idea. Image
Graeme  Australia

Posted by C M Dodson on 12 Oct 2017, 19:01

Nearly complete apart from some tickling up and glazing, the Inn, Les Trois Bras.

Graham, Thomas, Bennoe, Wolfgang and anyone else is welcome for a beer!

url=https://postimg.org/image/kgoeg11z9/]Image[/url]

The windows are courtesy of Wolfgang Meyer and thank you again to Graham for the Thomas Stoney picture of this building.

Happy modelling.

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by C M Dodson on 13 Oct 2017, 15:53

Gemincourt farm is nearly complete. Whilst the present building is brick coloured, references suggest it was white washed and indeed Jac Wellers, Wellington at Waterloo shows it white washed in 1967.

url=https://postimg.org/image/frq11vj9h/]Image[/url]

The Nassau conversion is from Thomas Mischak to show the scale of the thing and is of course superbly painted by him. I can not even begin to compete with his skill.

The beauty of photographing your build is that it shows up the flaws your eyes do not detect during construction. Some tidying up is still required.

Happy modelling.

Chris

Posted by huib on 13 Oct 2017, 16:19

Maybe some tidying up is required, but that doesn't show. It looks very good already, with some very realistic weathering. Great work!
huib  Netherlands

Posted by Graeme on 13 Oct 2017, 16:46

That looks like a great little pub and Belgian beer has a very good reputation, I'd be happy to spend some time there. I've heard the place can get a bit lively around the 16th June.
Graeme  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by C M Dodson on 19 Oct 2017, 19:38

I have finished the last few buildings for the crossroads. There were several more but I do not want the place to look like an office block as ground space to approximate scale is important.

Next up Piraumont.

Hopefully my Ligny project will supply the rest, ie Thyle, as they are not specific or peripheral to the action. We shall see when ie comes to laying out the field of action.

url=https://postimg.org/image/ru12ua4w5/]Image[/url]

Happy modelling. Chris

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress