Work in Progress

Możajsk/Moscow/Бородинское сражение

Posted by FatFather on 23 Aug 2017, 15:15

Hi,
Few years ago I made some hundreds figures of napoleonic wars. I needed this for my work, for historian education. After this, I put napoleonic figures for ling distance from me.
Now I have idea to make dio with tbe south part of this battle. Reason is simply: there were in fighting polish troops. But this battle is interesting for one more reason. At historian conference in Kaliningrad/Koenigsberg I was in long discussion about why for Russians is the battle of Borodino, for French - Moscow, and Poles - Możajsk. It was funny and nice talking people in chaince of political corectness :-D .
I started painting from Russians jeagers.
I used figures of Italeri and Zvezda. I hope orthodox don't kill me for using Italeri set to make jeagers.

This boy looks better than in photo. I must learn paint faces and make good pictures.

Thank you.
FatFather  Poland

Posted by Wiking on 23 Aug 2017, 15:33

Nice painted figures.

I know it named as battle of Borodino.

Fat Father wrote:
I must learn paint faces and make good pictures.

If you are hit at the same place your face would look not photogenic too.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Bluefalchion on 23 Aug 2017, 15:38

Wiking wrote:If you are hit at the same place your face would look not photogenic too.

Wiking--my face never looks good no matter what angle it is photographed from. What am I doing wrong?

FF--I like your Russians for Borodino.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by panzerman825 on 24 Aug 2017, 11:33

Good luck with your project to recreate the Napoleonic battle. Figures are nicely painted. We are all striving to improve our skill set. You'll learn a lot here in this forum. Enjoy. Bill
panzerman825  United States of America

Posted by sansovino on 27 Aug 2017, 08:35

Nice painted figures - I enjoy it! Will you continue the project with other Napoleonics?
sansovino  Germany

Posted by FatFather on 11 Nov 2017, 12:52

Hi,
After a long time between "crusaders" in 28 mm. I came back to Możajsk. Now, I have pleasure to present you my Tsar Guard Grenadiers.
Staff
Walking on battle field. I think, I should repair trousers of officer. Grey wash on white, something to train.
At back side. It will be parts of attacking on bayonets and shooting too. Pavlovs grenadiers, and more Russians troops.
But the first, I will start to paint Polish troops.
Thx for watching.
FatFather  Poland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Nov 2017, 13:08

Splendid Looking Soldiers. Painted just the way i like them,much better than mine. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 11 Nov 2017, 14:22

Fine looking figures, and... I can see that flag rippling in the breeze, that's astonishing! :drool:
Graeme  Australia

Return to Work in Progress