Work in Progress

Crusaders

Posted by FatFather on 23 Aug 2017, 14:38

Hi,
I started make collection of crusaders. I took some figures from Valdemar Miniatures and Zvezda. I tried to make hospitallers, but stopped with cross. For this time this is too difficult for me, as the faces too.

Two knights from Zvezda.
This knight could be to newer armour for the first half of XIII century. Maybe I should repaint his uniform.
The first boy from Valdemar.
The second.
And when I was looking on his helmet...
I saw HIM:
Best Regards
FatFather  Poland

Posted by Ben90 on 23 Aug 2017, 15:28

To me the cross does not look that bad... Just take your time for this task. Grab your brush again and and try to straighten the lines a bit. The easiest way to paint crosses is taking a very very thin brush, dip it into the color, wipe off the paint that is too much (to avoid a big blob of paint on the tip of your brush) and start painting the cross. First step is the center line (the vertical one), try to paint it very thin. Then paint it wider to both sides, but always step by step while the paint is still wet. When the line has the thickness you want, repeat the same procedure with the horizontal line. This technique works better than painting a cross with just two brush-strokes, because it is very difficult to paint a straight line on the first attempt.
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Return to Work in Progress