Work in Progress

ACW Confederate - New Strelets

Posted by sansovino on 04 Jul 2017, 14:39

Hi to all guys,

I was really very long absent in the forum which I regret sadly. The only reason: I didn´t find the time to write in the last months although I read quite often what happened in the forum.

Here a first appetizer with the new Strelets ACW Confederates which I received last saturday. There are quite nice figures - only some rifles have strange knicks. I am expected them very long and I hope to present during the next month also the rest of my ACW armies here. I was working still during the last months and have prepared some new projects.

I have used mostly the attacking Strelets figures with some of the Strelets marching-box. Many figures are transformed to receive a more vivid scenery without any repetition of actions and clothings.

sansovino  Germany

Posted by sansovino on 04 Jul 2017, 15:33

I have forgotten that I have extended also the original flag which seemed me quite small ... and the officer of the set is missing because I have already enough southern officers. The Strelet-officer will been integrated in an other diorama-project.....

sansovino  Germany

Posted by Traveller1865 on 04 Jul 2017, 17:10

Good work on painting them, as for the figures..I was really impressed with the masters for most of the ACW figures from Strelets, but now when I see them I don't know, rifles and bayonets feel weird, but I only have one set so far. I really hope HaT release their marching set as it looked flawless..
Traveller1865  Sweden

In memoriam

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Jul 2017, 20:32

Really nice painting on these figures sansovino, and very well presented.
The backdrop pictures will certainly work well with massed rank and file to its front.
I especially look forward to seeing your progress here. Yes lots of figures please. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Wiking on 04 Jul 2017, 21:31

For real a lousy box from Strelets. Look what you have get. There are no two figure who get the same color. Also for the headgear. And in the best case only the half of these group wear a regular uniform. Old, unshaved and bearded man. There is no discipline in the two waves who should be two lines. I am pretty sure that all smell of Whisky too.
:mrgreen:

Well done.
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by sansovino on 20 Jul 2017, 20:17

Photobucket are lousy idiots! I have to find an other photo service for my photos, sorry! The photos disapeared two days later....
sansovino  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sansovino on 20 Jul 2017, 23:09

next try with postimage

it seems that it works
sansovino  Germany

Posted by MABO on 20 Jul 2017, 23:35

It works! And you are really quick concerning the painting of these figures.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Jul 2017, 20:16

Bravo! Another one for free post using, Postimage. :thumbup:
Thank you for posting more of your photographs sansovino. BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Work in Progress