Work in Progress

Thurn and Taxis fictional Napoleonic

Posted by deon on 19 Apr 2017, 14:45

So, I needed a little project to get started after a long break. I've decided to create some units for Thurn and Taxis and eventually for the free City of Danzig (prior to incorporation with Prussia in 1814).

Just painting up some command and artillery figures for T'n'T..

I liked to imagine the Prince using old fashioned items to equip the men - imagine the artillery troops that have defended the castles for nearly 300 yrs wearing the old fashioned tricorn as a symbol of their seniority. Naturally the officers can't be outdone and so wear tricorns too. The infantry and cavalry regiments are not so old so they will have bicorns, busbies and shakos.

Kindest regards to you all
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by deon on 12 May 2017, 09:50

Sorry for the poor photos, my phone is not the newest! Just a quick project to get back into painting, I have completed the Thurn and Taxis artillery with grey coats and the command logistic with green coats - all faced with blue. I gave the artillery pieces green painted finishes as gifts from their French allies.

The bases were not deep enough to cater form the length of the field piece and the guy cleaning the barrel so I had to base the gun at an angle

Regards to all
deon  United Kingdom

Return to Work in Progress