Work in Progress

My new project

Posted by Michael Robert on 28 Oct 2017, 10:58

Susofrick
your scene reminds of Schneewittchen/"snwoy white"? and the 7 dwarfs. Just, here there are 2 dwarfs in excess and the fat guy on the left is the Prince who came early. Much to the frustration of the dwarfs
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 30 Oct 2017, 09:04

:-D :-D :-D Really love your comments on this! Okay, the cave is starting take some shape. Started with the floor, but ran out of plaster. So more work will be done!

It can look something like this with furniture, the figures shares some stories on another picture and didn't want to be disturbed to be on this one. :eh:

So work goes on, slow, but much faster now, when I have started with the BIG work! :-D
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 30 Oct 2017, 13:06

That's got to rate at least four and a half stars in the "Good Caves" Guide. :-D
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Susofrick on 30 Oct 2017, 16:26

Thanks! Blushing madly! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 30 Oct 2017, 17:26

So our intrepid author,is off to the store for some more white powder. ;-) "Yip!"

One never knows what imagination is locked up tight inside a mystifying bag of plaster,
until it is added to magic water.
So with that done and dusted,the legendary cave is taking shape. Well done Gunnar. :thumbup:

Perhaps that is a wishing Well?

Or a tumbling down portal to another dimension? :mrgreen: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Carlos on 31 Oct 2017, 23:14

ok Gunnar, I've been following this topic since the first publication and I still do not understand the story. And you know that I did some Google searches.
As I see it, there is an woman who looks like my high school geography teacher named alla, who is married to a certain ollie, and would be the mother-in-law of the mountain king who would be a big guy who would be asleep in a chair waiting to be awakened to save Sweden, (I do not want to imagine what would happen if one day Sweden was in trouble and the problem would have to fix by twelve drunks that come from under the earth accompanied by an ugly woman). ... then they live in a cave, where they drink beer ...
Forget it, it's too much for someone who paints cyborgs and semi-nude girls.
all I can say is that the figures are very good, finely painted, the table scene has a lot of life, the furniture came out spectacular and I have learned a new technique to make stone walls ... so go ahead.
Carlos  Argentina

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 01 Nov 2017, 09:12

Oh, you are totally right Carlos, but the story sounds much better when you sum it up like that! :xd: :xd: :xd:
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 01 Nov 2017, 09:49

Susofrick wrote:Oh, you are totally right Carlos, but the story sounds much better when you sum it up like that! :xd: :xd: :xd:

:yeah: :-D
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 01 Nov 2017, 09:49

Carlos wrote:Forget it, it's too much for someone who paints cyborgs and semi-nude girls.

Nothing against semi-nude girls! ;-)
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Nov 2017, 15:04

I raided one of my PINS,for a Greedy Troll.
A simile: I see a Fat Cat Banker of today
Who the little imp is I have no clue.
With Gunnar`s topics we all get to play the imagination game. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Nov 2017, 08:59

That is a picture by John Bauer, one of the best Swedish trollpainters! Cool that you found one! :-D

Haven't done so much hobbywise lately, but now I've started to splash paint on the cave! And THAT, my friends, is total relief from painting buttons for the duel! :mrgreen: Hmm, starting to think I will have to add more rooms to the cave.

Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Kekso on 10 Nov 2017, 10:55

That cave is a bit too square if you ask me ;)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Nov 2017, 11:03

Yes, I know and agree, but I think this will have to do. I could make the corner more round. Hmm, can happen! There is a lot of work left to do before this is finished so it can happen. The extra cave-room will probably be square too, but I haven't started with them yet so we will see. It will be a bedroom and a kitchen.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Nov 2017, 19:51

Yes Gunnar,I have several pictures Pinned on my board from the hands and mind of J B a great artist.
:mrgreen: And Magic Troll Painter!

Perhaps a flight of well worn troll stone steps disappearing up and into a dark corner with a slight overhang of rock above them to give the illusion of more spaced out caves far beyond what we can in fact see? ____ :sst:"bb,is always the dark-side dreamer." :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 15 Nov 2017, 21:50

Very interesting project, my Swedish friend! Go on, tell us more! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Nov 2017, 10:29

This will be the living-room of the cave! Just bought 5kg-bag with plaster. Will be enough for some time. Bought 1kg in the 80s and, well, now I have used that up! :( There will be a little story with two dios! So there is some work for me. :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 11 Dec 2017, 11:04

This will take some time! Realized I want an exterior to Ålla's cave, with a fisherman and water. Tried water before and it was a disaster and it didn't even look good, so I try a cheaper way this time. But I don't really can decide! I painted the underside of the glass from a pictureframe (landscape is Citadel and myself). If I cover the water with a plasticbag.... Originally I wanted this for a future competition, but I will have to make something else for that :-D

"white" bag: :eh:

Blue bag: :eh:

No bag: :eh:

And also finished these medieval secretaries. Really don't understand why Valdemar didn't gave them a typewriter in the set ... :eh:

Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Peter on 11 Dec 2017, 20:38

Looks good Gunnar! :thumbup:

And they aren't typing. They're doing this:

Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Wiking on 12 Dec 2017, 05:27

Look like he knit all single letter!
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 12 Dec 2017, 08:53

Peter wrote:Looks good Gunnar! :thumbup:

Which one? White bag or blue bag? I am a little tempted to buy Wiking's water, but then I will have to paint the upside of the glass. Maybe that is an option. Will try to work on the cave until I have sunlight to take pictures in (=March/April).

I don't think they are knitting, they don't have any coffee and you must have coffee and cookies if you are knitting! At least with a couple of friends!
Susofrick  Sweden

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress