Work in Progress

postapocaliptyc 1/76 (Alice in wonderland)

Posted by Carlos on 04 May 2017, 18:09

Hi forgotten abouth the chin, sorry.
Well, when you finished the face, you have tu cut the low part of the egg, and of course you will do that following the low maxilar line (and then you decide wich kind of low maxilar line you want, sharp, soft, angle, tiny, boxe, etc,) and then, you push a little "up" in the chin, from bottom, with your sculting instrument, in this case i use the same surgical blade (cause the putty is wet, a used blade works rigth) that i use to cut the low maxilar line. Then, the Airbrush with water or alcohol to finish this part, it is important. You can use the airbrush like "drawing".
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Quepwik on 04 May 2017, 18:38

Really excellent work !
Like it.
Quepwik  France

Posted by J_A_ on 04 May 2017, 23:21

this is not postapocaliptic this is the typical scene in bernal oeste,alice looks like andrea rincon,the bunny boy is the bicho gomez passed of merck and the tall guy its a mix between teto medina and rifle varela
J_A_  Argentina

Posted by Cryns on 08 May 2017, 16:34

Dear Carlos thank you so much for replying on all my questions :yeah: :-D
And don't worry about your English. Its pretty clear to me what you are saying.
Most important question I forgot about:

Did you use Magic Sculpt putty for these figures?

Also funny to read J_A_'s words: First I did not understand anything at all. J_A_ clearly did not write this with having an international reading audience in mind.
But then I used google and found out he is talking about a Buenos Aires neighborhood (sounds not like one of your best neighborhoods), Hot Spanish TV babes and other Argentinian artists that we never ever get to hear about in this country.... but we have Maxima Zorreguieta of course.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Carlos on 09 May 2017, 04:56

Unfortunately I can not find Magic Sculpt or any of the good putty in my country, so I have no choice but to work with a putty that is made here, the brand is "parsec artisan", it is a putty designed to sculpt but in large size , So in very small pieces like 20 mm is not the best, has a lot of porosity and is extremely hydrophilic, and becomes easily dirty with manipulation.
The truth, a crap putty, if this year I'm lucky and I'll go Europe if I get some good putty there.
And abouth the comments of J_A_ well...he is rigth, Buenos Aires is a terrific zoo in wich you can find everything, I had to oportunity to travel and I never find in any city of the world a so variety of cultures, idiosincracies and bizarres.

I was born and raised in a city north of argetina, but I have lived in Buenos Aires for 25 years and I still not acustmized to this city.
J.a, probably will say Im a "cabeza" ( "head", people from small cities of the conutry who came to live en Baires).
The people J:A: is talking are not artists...we dont really knows wath they are, we have good artists here but for sure they are not, they are some "TV personalities"...nobody nows wath they do in TV, but they are there....well, we knows wath Andrea Rincon do...but abuth the others...one of them is a football speaker...but in a country in wich you can find forty millions of football speakers the guy have nothing special except that fr any unknowledge reason, he is in TV...why some people is in TV in this country is some of the Argentinans misterys that sociologists and mass psychologist will never resolve.
Well...I think all this whole country is something that sociologists, mass psychologists and and no branch of the social sciences could ever resolve.

You have the Zorroguieta... and we have Heineken beer. :yeah:
Wath we have to send in exchange for the Amstel beer formula to make it here???? :-D :-D :-D
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 09 May 2017, 08:37

I think after this that I could definitely live in Argentina. :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Alex on 09 May 2017, 10:41

Indeed, excellent sculpture, I also really like. I'm happy to follow your process!
Regarding the putty - I see that technical difficulties are hindering you. Of course, a talented person will make a sculpture even from bread crumb. But the fewer technical problems, the easier and faster you can focus on solving the problems of plasticity, liveliness and image (all this you have and now is present), but nevertheless. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by J_A_ on 09 May 2017, 15:29

Mr.Cryns my apologies it was a joke directed to Carlos,next time Ill make more inclusion

I would never say that,Carlos,Im from the Coast side,Mar del Plata,so you know,I know how it feels belong to a small town
J_A_  Argentina

Posted by Cryns on 12 May 2017, 10:11

J_A_ wrote:it was a joke directed to Carlos

Yes that was clear to me :-D

Now I have a question to both of you about the materialistic situation in Argentina:

Carlos wrote:Unfortunately I can not find Magic Sculpt or any of the good putty in my country

J_A_ once told me it was difficult to find viscose sponge and if it was available it was incredible expensive in your country.

Most of us here in Europe will just order some putty from Spain or stuff from the U.S. In the newspaper and the tv news we see sometimes messages about the difficult economic situation in Argentina. So is the exchange rate so bad these days it is a 'no go' to order your materials from abroad?
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by J_A_ on 13 May 2017, 18:03

It's a disaster,too much retentions in products,there's nothing,0 variety.Everybody here go to neighbor countries to buy imported stuff and by far, more cheap.

Order to abroad? With all these taxes,sometimes it's more convenient travel abroad,buy there and bring stuff with you on the way back.
J_A_  Argentina

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 May 2017, 05:59

Carlos,E Bay is great for obtaining resources needed ,whatever they might be.
Open an Account on E Bay, and then Just type out what you need. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Carlos on 17 May 2017, 03:23

Ok, figures painted.
Sorry for the pictures couldnt make more larger and near pics cause i made it with the celular camera and the macro" dont work rigth.

ALICE

Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Carlos on 17 May 2017, 03:27

MAD HATTER

Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Carlos on 17 May 2017, 03:38

THE BUNNY BOY

Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Carlos on 17 May 2017, 03:45

THE CYBORG

Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Wiking on 17 May 2017, 04:12

Painting of all your figure is very nice made. With a lot of fine and small details. like the paint bottle. My favorite is the the CYBORG.
Looks very good in pose, painting (rust) and fine parts. Like a mechanical thing will look. And a well known red eye will underline that too.
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Carlos on 17 May 2017, 04:33

Thanks wiking.
Cyborg is a scratch figure, only the head was sculpted.
My faovourite is the Bunny Boy...Alice was the more problematic, have not inaugth practice to female figures yet.
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 17 May 2017, 04:34

Wonderful painting. I love Alice and cyborg. :thumbup: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Carlos on 17 May 2017, 04:36

Thank Kostis, will see if Alice could be improved.
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Susofrick on 17 May 2017, 07:45

Love them all! Saw them on facebook too. I presume they drink tea to celebrate?
Susofrick  Sweden

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress