Work in Progress

WIP Bennos Figures Forum Great Miniature Figures Parade

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Feb 2017, 11:40

First things first: That is nice going Gunnar! :thumbup: Things are getting better all the time. :-D

The first batch of 34 AIRFIX Guards are nearing completion. So I will be starting on another batch real soon__________________Today!

UPON THE Mrk 2 PAINTING TABLE

The Astronauts,are easy to paint white,from the yellow this box load came in.
I left one as a comparison. Some boxes of these guys are white to begin with.

What does one get in the box for £45.00? Along with other truck not needed here is my description of the poses. Hopefully it will not read as you were watching the paint drying on them?
:mrgreen: "I kinda like that BB."

One has a camera,which I thought first to be a drill. Silly Me! Another has been shopping down the Space Mall. There must be a good breeze upon the Moon,because there`s also a guy with a very flimsy waving flag,that`s going to be a pain to paint. One seems to be in an occupation of gardening while another two are content in walking and bouncing all over his nice new cabbage patch. What`s the betting,after all that cost getting to the MOON,it would not suprise me if they forgot to bring along the Seed Packet,for cabages do not grow on tree`s you know?
:sst: "or in Ancient Moon Dust."

I`ll give these a colour wash like I did my Daleks a few years ago, and perhaps a blue wash on the viser!
That should have them done,dounked in, and astro-dusted ready for the Parade.
Hoo-RAH! Up The Space Marines! BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Feb 2017, 12:50

Beano Boy wrote:
What does one get in the box for £45.00?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Feb 2017, 13:25

There`s a guy in Greece who wanted £45.00 for a box plus £48.00 Postage on Ebay Bay. I the know the recession is hitting people hard in that far off country ,but come on one must be realistic in price! Or there is no sale.

A few finishing touches later and these can come off the tins quick smart because The Guards Band, is due to hop on sometime today. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by MABO on 10 Feb 2017, 13:36

That is really great work Paul. I am looking forward to get them save here at home. :thumbup:

To all of you: If you have finished your figures, please contact me via PM. Then I will give you the shipping address. This is also a possibility to discuss everything you did not want to handle in public.

AND we are not yet 25 participants. So who will join the Group Build 2017?? :occasion: :winky:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Marvin on 10 Feb 2017, 20:50

Bluefalchion wrote:BB--

I knew you were working through some tough personal issues that kept you from painting, that is why I did not comment on those difficulties. Just mark me down as happy you are feeling well enough now to take back up that golden brush of yours!

Hear, hear! :thumbup: Those guardsmen already coming along beautifully!

And yes I agree with Jan - we could really use some of, say, Washington's army in this parade... ;-)

Beano Boy wrote: One has a camera,which I thought first to be a drill. Silly Me! Another has been shopping down the Space Mall. There must be a good breeze upon the Moon,because there`s also a guy with a very flimsy waving flag,that`s going to be a pain to paint. One seems to be in an occupation of gardening while another two are content in walking and bouncing all over his nice new cabbage patch.

And one seems to be on some kind of space Segway judging from the box art.... :eh:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Feb 2017, 02:35

As per usual I`m up late typing,but took time out while sipping a cup of tea,to post this.

Yes I`m very happy with 92 figures part painted. I find painting is so relaxing!
My old painting table has come out of a cupboard and into play once more. Magic!

Priming the Guards Band.

Painting one of those spaced out figures.

I use old tins because I have limited grip in my hands and tins are ideal for my use.
being short on empty tins i stuck three on the sides of the tins so I could prime them all.
So now the Guards Band are all undercoated with my own paint mix of enamel.
long ago I found out that combining Matt & Semi Matt,paints together gives a much better paint for undercoating. I often use that type of mix for Napoleonic uniforms.

ImageImage

This is what is in the box Marvin,but only free standing poses will be painted and sent in to Jan.
I have plans afoot to use the other stuff later. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 11 Feb 2017, 10:20

Hello Paul, nice to see you painting. Good homestory. I am happy that we have so many figures from you in this years GB!!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Bluefalchion on 11 Feb 2017, 13:05

There were Indian wars during the 1800s in the area where I live. I could perhaps send some ACW marching men to the GB to represent my region...
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 11 Feb 2017, 13:16

That would great. And if there is a personal connection to the region, it is even greater. I am looking forward to see your painted figs. We need also men from the states. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Konrad on 11 Feb 2017, 14:20

A little update from me.
Some Highlanders are ready.
Those new figs from STRELETS are really great. :thumbup:
Question.Any rules for the base?

Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by MABO on 11 Feb 2017, 14:47

Hello Konrad,

looks like a very good paintjob. Seems to me that I have to inspect them with my own eyes... :-D

No base necessary. I will base them alltogether on one base in the end.

:thumbup:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Feb 2017, 14:06

Well the work went well,and as the late night slid away to early morning I had spent seven hours painting,and the red white and blue went sailing onto each figure in turn without any fuss or bother. The Band is nearly finished, with only the instruments to paint next time.

Often it is through necessity that one learns new ways of doing things. Like here above a figure nearing completion is blu tac`ed to the tin.

Seen above my crazy solution of sticking 4 figures on one tin. It was in order to undercoat all of the Guards Band,all in one go. Little did I realise then,that it was also possible to keep them that way,as it was so easy painting them. All that was required was turning the tin.

I almost finished off those Spacemen, and as there was no face to paint I colour washed that fish bowl front visor, and when it had dried I whipped off half of it with a wet brush dipped in thinners. It worked a treat and a shadow line was created hopefully adding interest to those faceless Astronaughts?

I also had a slight thinners spillage that trickled and ran down the table top and started to melt the bottems off three new Daleks I`d painted. :( BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Marvin on 12 Feb 2017, 14:16

BB - those figures have come on a treat. That Guards marching band is going to be a wonderful sight in the Group Build.

And those astronauts look terrific! The shading of their space suits is perfect. :yeah:

Hopefully I'll finally be able to put brush to figure this week on my own contribution now (that I've nearly finished another batch of figures I've been working on). Too much work (now with overtime :( ) means less time for what really matters - the BFFGMFP!
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 12 Feb 2017, 15:36

Hello folks,

your figures look great to me, Paul.

And I can post a little progress as well. My Schleswig Infantry Regiment. It is really interesting to collect some informations about these troops. I did not know that much about the Danish Army before.

They will get lightblue facings and white belts. I hope I can show you more soon.
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 12 Feb 2017, 20:05

Marvin wrote: Too much work (now with overtime :( ) means less time for what really matters - the BFFGMFP!

You are one of the early birds - there is plenty of time. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Bluefalchion on 13 Feb 2017, 05:32

Oh, when do you need to have the marching figs in hand?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 13 Feb 2017, 07:40

Bluefalchion wrote:Oh, when do you need to have the marching figs in hand?

As soon as possible, because I have to base them. In the first half of May at the latest. So there is plenty of time. :-D :yeah: Do not hesitate to join.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Feb 2017, 11:13

Bluefalchion,
figures from The Indian Wars, sounds a mighty good idea. :thumbup:

1776,also rings a Bell! ;-) BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Feb 2017, 11:19

Jan,
I like the rumpty-tum drummer,setting out the marching pace of your chosen regiment. :thumbup:
:sst: "things are getting better all the time."___ They certainly are :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Arekmaximus on 14 Feb 2017, 20:59

Work has been started...
To be continued...
;-)

(...I hope so... 8))
Arekmaximus  Poland

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress