Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Edwardian on 07 Mar 2017, 23:07

Marvin wrote:
Keep inching! Is it the DLI, I wonder?

A very good guess.

But, no ...
Edwardian  United Kingdom

Posted by Susofrick on 08 Mar 2017, 09:48

Hey! Where did that bike come from??? Looks very interesting!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Mar 2017, 17:46

It is a rather large picture but well in scale. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Arekmaximus on 08 Mar 2017, 21:34

My Romans are ready.
Jan, your address is still the same?
;-)
Option 1...:

...or option2:
:-)
Arekmaximus  Poland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 08 Mar 2017, 22:44

Yes Arek, my address is still the same. What a fast painter you are and what a fine result. I love them and it is good to have another period in the GB.

I am looking forward as well to see you parcel. The construction from last year has won the price for the safest construction of a parcel in the GB.

:-D :yeah: :yeah:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Marvin on 08 Mar 2017, 22:53

I love these Romans! The detail on the shields is something to behold. :love: And I agree that it's really good to have different era in the parade.
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Marvin on 08 Mar 2017, 22:54

Edwardian wrote:
A very good guess.

But, no ...

Umm....cycles... - so, militia or Territorial battalion perhaps? :eh:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Edwardian on 08 Mar 2017, 23:00

Marvin wrote:
Umm....cycles... - so, militia or Territorial battalion perhaps? :eh:

Close enough, Rifle Volunteers!

I hope!

The French were a no-show, but they remain prepared in case Imperial Germany attacks Dorking or the Martians invade Woking. If all else fails, a contingent will don slouch hats and head for South Africa.
Edwardian  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 09 Mar 2017, 17:00

:sst: " drum roll please" ,said the timid button. :mrgreen: And as such the only one to be seen here.

I have been checking out in review style the painted Guards,and those 16 above one to a can needed touching up on the bayonets with silver paint as vibration caused it to ping off. later these figures will be varnished up after I sort those darn blank faces out. Yesterday saw another 15 added which are painted white in the picture above,and this will make this column of marching Guards up to 100. A nice Round figure. :-D

I`ll check over the Band later in the same way to sort out its rank and file,and touch them up with paint where necessary before varnish is applied to them.
Obviously the figures would look better with a grey platform base,but the brief was not to paint them,although some black shuffled its way upon them,in slap dash style. ;-)

Checked out in review columns took a liitle time to do,but by doing it my head is not so muddled as to what needs doing.

The Colours and the Union Flag are seen to the front,as is the Officer on Parade. The flags will be painted in full later.

The space between each line of soldiers allows the Officer and the Colours to be presented along each rank and file in turn.

I like to show a few buildings just to set the scale nicely into HO OO Scale.

Where there was no detail of them at the front of these figures I gave up trying to do buttons that would or could not line up the same on each figure. I did a few samples and they looked more the worse for it so in the end I decided that the white line would have to do.
:mrgreen: " A zip up of uniformity works for me BB."

These Elites kept their white tails.

As one can see I am no artist where painting figures is concerned but I try,and my Mrs B,agrees that I am very trying at odd times.

:coffee: I like to reason that these fellows are my own T A ,22 Regiment of Fiddle Wood Foot Guards. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 09 Mar 2017, 18:36

BB: massive! Don't ask me why, but it reminds me of The Steadfast Tin Soldier. Gorgeous!
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by FredG on 09 Mar 2017, 19:09

Beano Boy wrote:.........,and my Mrs B,agrees that I am very trying at odd times....

Are you sure she didn't say "odd at trying times" BB (Or both :mrgreen: )
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 09 Mar 2017, 22:24

What a parade, Paul. Are you sure you will send them all. What a great work. I will build a paradeground for them!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Marvin on 09 Mar 2017, 22:53

Beano Boy wrote:Yesterday saw another 15 added which are painted white in the picture above,and this will make this column of marching Guards up to 100. A nice Round figure. :-D

...A nice round figure? A nice LARGE figure! :mrgreen: What an impressive effort! You have my greatest respect Sir BB for this excellent work combining both great quantity and great quality. :thumbup: :notworthy:

I'm sure that our MABO will base them in the best way, if he's not already having nightmares at the thought of basing all our figures in time, that is... :xd:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Mar 2017, 01:00

Yes I am sure I wish to send the figures so do not worry about the numbers or their value,because there are another 85, in The Guards Band to follow. I have more than replaced these figures back in my Collection and many more besides. So I`m back to around 400 on my toy soldier shelf.

I am having so much fun painting and this is my extra way of supporting FIGZ,and also helping promote Benno`s Figure Forum too.
The Bonus is I have a mental picture of you Jan,basing up all the figures which brings smiles a plenty to my heart. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I will get them to you in plenty of time do not worry. OK?

Thank you kindly guys for all your friendly warm comments.I am never really sure of reactions when I post my feeble efforts at figure painting, because I am more the abstract subjective painter of toy soldiers then an artist like all of you .

The Steadfast toy soldier,I know it well. A Veteran myself from harder former times I know how he must have felt. Even though he was never real in the true sense of understanding.
Of course I wrote my story ,`The Tin Soldier',which is tucked away somewhere on this very Forum.

Although there is no contention in our Fiddle Wood home,Odd,at trying times does apply, because i am very eccentric in my well set in ways.
:coffee: I once tried to be normal it was the worst 15 seconds of my life. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Mar 2017, 03:44

I started work on these colorful guys today. Remember these are the first out of 26. :-D

So these are the 1806 Prussian Musketeers !

No detail being sculptured on the Muskets sure let this set down,but they are very nice to paint,with a good assortment of bags on the back of the figures.On half the figures the muskets have a cloth cover over the flint lock and trigger.Most correct, but not very pleasing on ones eyes,when looking at these toy soldiers.
A bonus is they are of the hard rigid plastic type,and as such are one of the last sets produced,before that awful rubber change over took place. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Mar 2017, 08:42

I think, as Jan already said, that he will have to do a special Beano Boy-parade! What numbers!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: And painting! :shock: :shock: :shock: Great work, Paul!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 10 Mar 2017, 10:17

The Bonus is I have a mental picture of you Jan,basing up all the figures which brings smiles a plenty to my heart. I will get them to you in plenty of time do not worry. OK?

And its the other way around for me. I have you in my mind sitting in Fiddlers Wood painting all night. :-D

I am happy that you have so much fun with it.

All the best to you my friend!
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 10 Mar 2017, 10:21

MABO  Europe

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress