Work in Progress

WIP Bennos Figures Forum Great Miniature Figures Parade

Posted by MABO on 13 Mar 2017, 21:56

Very interesting story, and I am really glad, that you have volunteered. The unit looks really good. But to honest I am also very interested in the civilian figures in the background.

:yeah: :-D
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Marvin on 13 Mar 2017, 22:44

Terrific work on an unusual subject - bravo! I love to see volunteer units, I painted some Warwickshire Yeomanry last year, but volunteers aren't seen very often because they are hardly classic wargaming units. Been thinking of creating some Post Office Rifles so this has given me further inspiration.

[thumbs through his copy of Caton Woodville's Territorial Army Album...]

Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Edwardian on 13 Mar 2017, 22:46

MABO wrote:Very interesting story, and I am really glad, that you have volunteered. The unit looks really good. But to honest I am also very interested in the civilian figures in the background.

:yeah: :-D

Thank you for those kind words.

These are the civilians you mention:

Edwardian  United Kingdom

Posted by Marvin on 13 Mar 2017, 22:48

Susofrick wrote:

And, sorry! The bottles from the caps are now empty! Burp! :-D

Needless to say, I'm very happy to see these joining the march. :-D

And our BB is like a figure painting machine! :shock:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Edwardian on 13 Mar 2017, 22:52

Marvin wrote:Image

Terrific work on an unusual subject - bravo! I love to see volunteer units, I painted some Warwickshire Yeomanry last year, but volunteers aren't seen very often because they are hardly classic wargaming units. Been thinking of creating some Post Office Rifles so this has given me further inspiration.

[thumbs through his copy of Caton Woodville's Territorial Army Album...]

Thank you!

Great uniform plate.

I would love to see the Warwickshire Yeo. I will be attempting dome Norfolk Yeo. for my model railway in due course.

EDIT: My Norfolk Yeoman will be circa 1902-1905 (Edwardian!)

Posted by Marvin on 13 Mar 2017, 23:03

I painted Napoleonic era Yeomanry using Perry 28mm figures, I direct you to the post from last year rather than hijack this topic thread -

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=19453&p=210565&hilit=+yeomanry#p210565
Marvin  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 13 Mar 2017, 23:51

Edwardian wrote:
Thank you for those kind words.

These are the civilians you mention:

Can you tell us which brand they are?
MABO  Europe

Posted by Edwardian on 14 Mar 2017, 09:46

MABO wrote:
Can you tell us which brand they are?

Aidan Campbell - please see here http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20336 for more pictures and a link to the manufacturer's site.

Posted by MABO on 14 Mar 2017, 13:28

Thank you very much for the info! Very good to know.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Zed1 on 14 Mar 2017, 15:35

Okay - I'm almost done with my Frederician Prussian Grenadier-Guards.

They are already in their intended postage box. Some little finishings and then I'm done with my part of the show. :mrgreen:
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Mar 2017, 19:53

Great looking Prussian Grenadiers.

I do not now about being a painting machine, but I do know I am so clumsy especially today.
2 am I spilled white paint all over myself and the floor. New carpet please Jan! Only kidding we have stone floors throughout downstairs. I soon cleaned the paint off myself and the floor. Just think if we had had carpets. 4 pm I tipped black paint all over myself, and all over my painting table. Awful Mess! A good job I had figures stuck onto tins,or Jan would be receiving some very black minstrels.
The paint went through my trousers and shirt. So I was cleaned up with white spirit,but still laughing. Theres no need to cry over spilt paint. :-D
Mrs B,took a photo of a very funny laughing black BB. Yes it was a classic day of misshapes.But a Magic Fun Time day of trying to paint. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Mar 2017, 20:24

Sorry Edwardian,I skipped to far ahead and missed seeing your Volunteer Force finished. They look Sharp and keen as mustard to do their duty for Queen Victoria and their Home County!______________Then Country! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Mar 2017, 15:00

WHOOSH! FRED SKIED IN

" BB,this WIP.has gone awfully quiet."

"Right O`,Fred,I best show a little something of the work." Three days ago I started painting The AIRFIX GUARDS BAND,but took a day off from painting yesterday to go walk about,because it was such a fine day.

I decided that my Regiments blue facings on the uniform of no practical detail be also glowed with yellow and will be partly overlaid in gold soon. The instruments will then be painted at the same time. Painting also started on the tiny drums,that will eventually be glued into their socket holes in the figures. I have had a fear that they could easily be lost,so I am painting most of them still attached to the plastic sprue. Others are loose. :eh: I also decided to paint the Marching NCO`s with slooped rifles in yellow and gold,as they are so tiny I could not put strips on them. So Poetic Licence applies in my topsy turvy rank and file of toy soldiers.

I also put red lines down some legs but I might have to overpaint them because my brush for doing such a madness is down to three hairs.

I realise it is not very pleasing to the eye seeing them stuck on the tins,but I do not wish to handle them until after they have been fully painted. Altogether there are 86 in the Band,so hopefully after varnishing I will do one last photo shoot of them marching for my record files,before sending them to Jan. I will of course show some of it here. So the Marching Band and Colour Party will be 186 + in total,and they all have names_______________ It being Gunnar! :-D

I hope I am not the last member left doing stuff,
for that stress I do not need,so roll up and take part by dipping a paintbrush too. It`s Fun. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Mar 2017, 15:50

Great name! :-D And I, for one, do like them on tins! Looks a bit odd, but I like it very much! Will be even nicer though to see them all together!I am not finished with my swedes! They are right now standing in the corner (not ready for the pillory yet, but they will be!). Going away this weekend, but maybe I'll finish them next weekend.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Mar 2017, 08:31

Gunnar, I hope you and your Mrs? have a fine wine and dine away weekend.
That also includes your famous Face Book dog of pure excellence ! But not to much wine for him. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Mar 2017, 01:56

AH HA !
I just this minute finished all the figures off I have donated.
I had a golden day painting that colour on the little fellows,and they seem to quite sparkle as I laid aside my brush ,that is down to three hairs! ;-)
I will paint the drums later today as well as the two Flags!
:coffee: That will be easier work,and a lot less strain to me old eyeballs! So hope to post them off Monday or Tuesday next week. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Michael Robert on 18 Mar 2017, 15:51

Well.....
I changed my mind. I will redo these. My little French contingent. I don't like the faces. Too ugly. My figures were toyish from the beginning. I copied the heads with a silicone cast, but the faces. Well... I hoped to be able to correct with paint, but no.
For reference and because I have enough courage they are again posted here. I will recast some other heads with casquette. Probably Airfix. If I'am satisfied all these except the flagbearer, drummer and officer will get their head chopped off.
Jan - please have some more patience. There is still some time till end of march.

Michael

Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Mar 2017, 16:49

Gosh! Michal, you sure have put a massive amount of time effort,and work into creating your conversions. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I respect your decision of course,it`s your call to make,but I kinda like them the way they look now.

If you are upon another pathway at producing new heads i for one would like to see how it is done.
After all this is a work in progress activity ,and only requires a few clicks of a camera and keyboard.
I have every confidence in your ability as long as you yourself, are having fun. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Michael Robert on 19 Mar 2017, 01:34

Thanks Beano,

you touch my very problem. I do not have a lot of time. So with the little time remaining I do what I can and sometimes it's bad luck because I take a wrong decision and then regret. This here is an example.
I have always fun though.

Anyway, I will keep you updated
Cheers
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by MABO on 19 Mar 2017, 21:32

You are a tough guy! Of course there is plenty of time. But in the pictures the face are not visible in detail, I can not say anything. Maybe you are to critical?
MABO  Europe

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress