Work in Progress

WIP Bennos Figures Forum Great Miniature Figures Parade

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Feb 2017, 01:45

My coment went on twice for some Hick-cup reason! BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Edwardian on 21 Feb 2017, 08:59

MABO wrote:Hey, that is fantastic. Welcome to the show. :occasion: BIG COLUMN! :camera: So everybody can see your work in June at the FIGZ. I will follow the progress, like a lot of other member will do. If you are ready just send me a PM. :yeah: :yeah: :-D :-D

Marbo, thanks to you and everyone for the kind and encouraging words, but, excuse my ignorance, what is this "FIGZ" of which you speak?!?
Edwardian  United Kingdom

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 21 Feb 2017, 09:01

Konrad wrote:Ok.Some of my scots are ready.
More will follow.

Amazing work Konrad! I cannot imagine how fantastic it will look when more highlanders will line up.
And I am happy I bought that box too, nice figures.
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Susofrick on 21 Feb 2017, 09:06

Thanks! :-D The boxer is a gift from Torsten (Stenfalk). That mug IS really nice! And the figures too! Maybe I should skip to the guards band so I can avoid the buttons and other detail.... just paint them blue and yellow and noone will know I cheated! :-D Nah, I must train a little more with my magnifying glass! And not try to shake after I painted the button.

Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 21 Feb 2017, 12:25

Edwardian wrote:
Marbo, thanks to you and everyone for the kind and encouraging words, but, excuse my ignorance, what is this "FIGZ" of which you speak?!?

Hello THE FIGZ is the meeting in Arnhem organized by the famous "Dad's Army" (Remco de Groot). It was started years ago mostly for members of this forum, but getting bigger in the last years. The Group Building Projects have been presented at this occasion for the first time:

2015:
http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17609

2016:
http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19169&start=20
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Feb 2017, 16:08

I love a guy who volunteers not knowing the mission.
Edwardian, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Splendid Behavior ! BB

Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 21 Feb 2017, 18:39

Hey Paul, what a letter of Motivation! :yeah: :-D
MABO  Europe

Posted by Susofrick on 22 Feb 2017, 09:04

I have chosen to use one source (well, two actually because I have been to Prince August's website too, they have produced these soldiers for many many years), and that is a book I got when I was 12. In Swedish, but I don't find that a problem. :-)

The pictures are quite good!

And it is a pity that I don't have the Strelets set with some figures in the older uniform! The new one wasn't in use in all regiments until 1721 and then the war was over. Well, these are the guys I paint and they are from my area! :-D

Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 22 Feb 2017, 09:37

Looks interesting, Gunnar.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Edwardian on 22 Feb 2017, 10:19

Beano Boy wrote:I love a guy who volunteers not knowing the mission.

Probably the best way to volunteer for anything.

So, what's a "Group Build"?

Posted by MABO on 22 Feb 2017, 12:26

That is what we are doing in this project, in which you take part.

Here is the description: http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=20084

If you have further questions, please write a Privat Message, if you want.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Feb 2017, 12:30

Our new Member Edwardian,has now asked two important questions, upon the matter of Benno`s Figure Forum: Great Miniature Figures Parade.
It takes a while for newer members to settle in and find their way upon the many ally ways of this Forum,and we who visit quite often I suppose take it for granted that all our members know all the swings and roundabouts as we might. :sst: " so sorry!"

A Group Build is we volunteer to paint a figure or in this case a few more,
which we send to Jan, ( MABO ) to base up on a Diorama which is then upon the day put on show for the general public to view at FIGZ,in Arnhem. It is a one off thing we have done and dusted for the past 3 years. ( Although I missed out last year.) The figures in question stay with Jan,a sort of highly trusted Librarian,who keeps the diorama with our donated figures to show elsewhere at other shows.

:sst: "Gunnar is the real Librarian !"
:coffee: " Very true little button."

As For Me
It is a point of pride but not vainity that I take part because I certainly am not an ace cool painter of miniatures at all,and regardless of your chosen field of endeavour there is no raised bar of excellence placed upon any that might consider taking part,but it is one of a freely giving spirit to support FIGZ,and promote Benno`s Figures Forum.

Apart from having more fun painting and enjoying the friendly banter on comments,
this about sums it up really.

:coffee:" If you are Interested? Then jump on the Band Wagon of The Parade! "
:sst: "you will be most welcome. "
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: " We Just Love A Parade!"

Greetings to everyone from Fiddle Wood
where real Gnomes live. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Edwardian on 22 Feb 2017, 12:46

Oops. I just thought this was a topic for WIP shots of marching figures.

Turns out that it is much, much, more.

Not sure I can rip these Spanish battalions from the ORBAT and hand them over. Oh dear, how embarrassing.

I had better come up with some suitable substitutes!

Posted by MABO on 22 Feb 2017, 14:05

If you can or will not rip them of, then you can take part with other figures, of course. But now your name is on the list and quitting is an open mutiny. :sparta: :-D
MABO  Europe

Posted by Edwardian on 22 Feb 2017, 14:10

MABO wrote:If you can or will not rip them of, then you can take part with other figures, of course. But now your name is on the list and quitting is an open mutiny. :sparta: :-D

Lawks, talk about downing the pint only to discover the King's Shilling in the dregs!

Hmm, must don thinking cap ....

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Feb 2017, 16:52

A Dred it be I tell ya. Far Far worse`er then a bee en Hem, Hembar...! Embarr...! Whot yee said afor.
aye aye, like Billy Bones,one should never wish to receive The Black Spot! :eh: "EEEEK!"

:mrgreen: "You draw it BB,and I`ll paint that black circle and fill it in until the white has all gone."
:read: "Now,Now,there`s no great need to be hasty! After all Edwardian the new fellow on the block is learning the ropes,and by doing so the hard way will go far."

Applying the Logic of Bookworm
The great thing about Headucation,for it is the head cramming department one has to deal with,is once the ignorance of not knowing is replaced with knowing whatever it is, then Gosh! one has become much smarter than before. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Edwardian on 22 Feb 2017, 19:56

Beano Boy wrote:A Dred it be I tell ya. Far Far worse`er then a bee en Hem, Hembar...! Embarr...! Whot yee said afor.
aye aye, like Billy Bones,one should never wish to receive The Black Spot! :eh: "EEEEK!"

:mrgreen: "You draw it BB,and I`ll paint that black circle and fill it in until the white has all gone."
:read: "Now,Now,there`s no great need to be hasty! After all Edwardian the new fellow on the block is learning the ropes,and by doing so the hard way will go far."

Applying the Logic of Bookworm
The great thing about Headucation,for it is the head cramming department one has to deal with,is once the ignorance of not knowing is replaced with knowing whatever it is, then Gosh! one has become much smarter than before. :-D BB

Thanks, Beano, though, I confess, I take little comfort from the phrase "Edwardian the new fellow on the block"

[Gulps]

Posted by Marvin on 22 Feb 2017, 20:09

Edwardian wrote:
Lawks, talk about downing the pint only to discover the King's Shilling in the dregs!

Hmm, must don thinking cap ....

Oops, that must make me the crafty recruiting sergeant. No backing out now, laddie! Did I not tell you you're signed up for the next 12 years of Group Builds?

Would be great to see even a platoon of some figs you paint join all the others. Taking part in the group build is building bridges across nations - which is a good thing, say I.

Anyway, here's my group of the 17th Regiment with a little more paint on them. Plenty still to do...

Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 22 Feb 2017, 21:10

Would be great to see even a platoon of some figs you paint join all the others. Taking part in the group build is building bridges across nations - which is a good thing, say I.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

You are progressing faster than me, but I hope I can do something this weekend. Your Infantrymen are really good looking. This is going to be a fabulous Parade in June. :thumbup:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Feb 2017, 02:05

Even though there is no detail at all on the AIRFIX Colour Party rifle which is just a strip of plastic with a point for the bayonet, I mark out the weapon in question as being the British Le Enfield No1 MRK 3 based upon the box art.

British soldiers in the desert war of WWII. A relaxing of the drill code here with rolled up sleeves on show,but for my point of interest of course was identifying the look of the rifle at the slope with the position of strap showing. I have never seen the strap painted on this very rare pose, because of confusion I guess. So this might be of future help to others contemplating painting these old boys Trooping the Colours.

I started to paint it on today it being 1.05 AM,and yes I`m working late which is quite normal for me.
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress