Work in Progress

In Progress Renaissance Civilians

Posted by sansovino on 22 Feb 2017, 21:03

A wonderful expansion of miniatures to the civil sector - I like it!
Only a question: there will following also german civilians of this period?
Most of your presented figures seems to be english or french civilians. Unfortunatly for any sculptor the Renaissance period developed probably the first national styles of costumes.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Taipeh on 23 Feb 2017, 10:00

@ sansovino
I can not tell where the development leads us. Some of the future novelties will accompany the Project of Michel and Dirk about the English Harbour 1570. Some will be for other places at the English Court etc. One of my own Projects will be the City of Florence at the time of Cosimo de Medici.
On the other side one of the next sets will be Dutch Civilians in the Renaissance. It is a very wide range for figure and will be a permanent Project in the next years.
Ciao Michael

www.germania-figuren.com
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 23 Feb 2017, 11:27

This looks very interesting! Wonderful figures from an era not so common in figures.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Cryns on 23 Feb 2017, 11:37

Taipeh wrote:On the other side one of the next sets will be Dutch Civilians in the Renaissance.

Finally!!!!!! That sounds great Mr. Taipeh! The worlds leading culture during the late Renaissance! ;-) Why was there so little interest for the Dutch in this hobby?

But now about the two examples Michel shows us:

What a great initiative! These two soldiers look very authentic, original, funny because of the extreme baggy clothing. My compliments to Max Hecker, the sculptor. And I can never say it times enough how much it is appreciated to add some research source pictures to the WIP of the sculpting. :notworthy:
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Peter on 27 Feb 2017, 20:07

Mr. Cryns wrote:Finally!!!!!! That sounds great Mr. Taipeh! The worlds leading culture during the late Renaissance! ;-) Why was there so little interest for the Dutch in this hobby?

Maybe because they wear clogs? :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress