Work in Progress

From the Middle Ages to Greece during WW1

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Jan 2017, 21:48

Sorry I did not mean to rush your story. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 06 Jan 2017, 22:19

No rush at all BB.
Unfortunetly I have only one aunt ( the small one wearing her father's forage cap ), in life.
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Graeme on 07 Jan 2017, 03:15

Kostis.

Wonderful modelling and painting throughout this project. And it just keeps getting better and better.

The buildings are excellent, the animals are really lifelike and I love that hound. Your female figures are beautiful, the decals look so good and I think there was a lot more skilful work involved in getting these to work than you admit to. Love the boy with the catapult in his pocket and If I hadn't seen that cart before you painted it I'd have trouble believing it was a model.

But best of all is the emotion on the face of the figure of your grandfather. In that shot of him lifting the child I can really feel the joy of this homecoming. When finished this will be something special.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Carlos on 07 Jan 2017, 15:03

When you think kostis has already upload the insurmountable figure, then a new one that fills your eyes.
If somebody tell me that is impossible to represent expressions on faces on such a small scale ... ok, go and look at the works of Kostis.
EXCELLENT!!!
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Cryns on 07 Jan 2017, 17:13

Very nice Kostis. I am very delighted to see how you achieve such high contrast and liveliness in the painting without using black or dark brown lining. At least: it does not look like lining, though it might be. I guess it is spraying or dry brushing. A whole specific style of painting of your own. :notworthy:
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 07 Jan 2017, 17:34

Thank you Graeme, Carlos and Mr. Cryns. :notworthy:

Here I want to say THANK YOU to all of you my friends, who give value to my work.
I don't pretend that I am a good painter, but very humbly I am saying that I was inspired to present the best I can for the forum. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by stenfalk on 07 Jan 2017, 18:07

Kostis Ornerakis wrote:
Here I want to say THANK YOU to all of you my friends, who give value to my work.
I don't pretend that I am a good painter, but very humbly I am saying that I was inspired to present the best I can for the forum. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And here I want to say THANK YOU for sharing your experience and your captivating personal background as presentation in diorama.

I pretend you're a good painter and i like your attitude to strive for doing the best in your capability. Both can be seen for me in any photo in this topic...
stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by stenfalk on 07 Jan 2017, 18:08

:notworthy:
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 13 Mar 2017, 18:03

My eye keeps not focusing 100 percent but I am a stubborn guy. :eh:
I can model really slow but I put a layer of dirt and working on the grass at the moment. ;-)
The corner with the hennery is finished. The circle section is a threshing floor. In the picket line will be added wire fence.

I hope you like it. :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by stenfalk on 13 Mar 2017, 18:39

Now it goes on! I thought you had put down the work. :sweatdrop:

And it has succeeded wonderfully. Artist Kostis! :notworthy:

I would like to sit on one of the chairs in front of the house. Everything looks so peaceful and idyllic.
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 13 Mar 2017, 20:35

Kostis Ornerakis wrote:
I can model really slow but ...

... this speaks for your high quality.
I like the bucket under the gutter most. :mrgreen:
As the white starting pigeon.
The carpet ( with the very dangerous looking dog :love1: ) in front of the door is also a very nice touch.
All I can see so far is well build with patient.
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Lacc on 13 Mar 2017, 20:40

Dear friend,
I have discovered your post casually and fascinated me.
His work on the little details filling the scene with many very detailed objects.
The beautiful painting of the building and the height it brings to the diorama.
Very well painted figures. The female dresses, the expression of the soldier's face, the modeling work of the baby .... wonderful.
The well-painted animals also,
But what has impressed me most is personal history. You want to reflect the happiest moment of a man. The return to the home of a soldier.
Besides that soldier was his grandfather.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story and for doing so with such a beautiful diorama.
Masterpiece and precious story, thank you, my friend.
Lacc  Spain

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Mar 2017, 05:07

O`,so many delightful pictures, and glowing comments from fellow members makes this WIP, Really Cool :thumbup: ___ :sst: " Special!"

Seeing The chicken run,as we call them in the UK,brought back so many pleasant memories to me. As a young boy growing up in the 1950`s I often fed our chickens,and collected the eggs on a daily bases.Of course I never got to found of them like ones does pets ,as they were destined for the cooking pot, and I could never eat a playful friend. In this so called modern age people in Britain are so far removed from what goes onto their table and eventually into their bellies,and most in our society would never wish to raise their own live food for their table. We have lost the old ways,and that`s a fact,and in this age of austerity many are suffering because of it. As my own Grandfather Arthur Howes ,would often say in his time," People have gone soft." How wise he was.

Kostis,the old saying " The home is where ones heart is." is true,and those of us who have ever left it to serve in conflics worldwide,realise that. Your ongoing creative topic inspires, and invokes emotion and is therefore worthy of response in a most positive way. May you and yours have a pleasant day. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 14 Mar 2017, 08:04

That base is awesome already Kostis... even without any figures.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 14 Mar 2017, 09:09

I don't like it! I LOVE it!!!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Rathgeb on 14 Mar 2017, 11:35

I would also sign the praise and comments of the other users...

Let me add that I (who spent many delightful weeks in my grand-uncle's farmyard) feel deeply relaxed when I admire this work of yours.

My sincere congratulations!
Peter
Rathgeb  Switzerland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sberry on 14 Mar 2017, 11:50

Susofrick wrote:I don't like it! I LOVE it!!!

Me too!
sberry  Germany

Posted by Edwardian on 14 Mar 2017, 13:17

Very impressive indeed.
Edwardian  United Kingdom

Posted by Carlos on 14 Mar 2017, 14:16

Dear Kostis, if I have to write abouth each detail and each thing that i like in this work, I have to be one month o more time writing.
Is one of the more beatiful and perfect works I have seen in modelism... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
A work of art that you look at again and again and will never get tired of looking.
Like the fellows says... I dont like it, I love it!! :love: :love: :love:
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 14 Mar 2017, 17:41

Thank you my friends for your kind words. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
A few days ago, I told my good friend Mr Cryns that I will publish in the gallery the final project, but after a pause of two months, I needed to show that I'm still modeling. :oops:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress