He's a lovely bear.

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 01 Nov 2017, 22:46

I'm happy to see all these beautifull animals! Great work Torsten! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 02 Nov 2017, 08:34

That was fast! :-D Lovely work! And everything peaceful! Love this topic! :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by stenfalk on 04 Nov 2017, 13:55

Thank you for the kind words; it's nice to find so many animal lovers here. Believe me, the animals deserve it!

Today I would like to introduce you to another breed of cattle that i once again start with a bull. The Chianina is an Italian breed of cattle, formerly principally a draught breed, now raised mainly for beef. It is the largest and one of the oldest cattle breeds in the world. It originates in the area of the Valdichiana, from which it takes its name, and the middle Tiber valley. Chianina cattle have been raised in the Italian regions of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio for at least 2200 years. Columella, writing in his "De Re Rustica, Liber Sextus" about types of oxen in about 55 AD, says "Umbria vastos et albos ..." (VI.I.2), which in the first English translation is "Umbria has such as are huge, and of a white colour". Chianina oxen were the principal source of agricultural power in the area until displaced by mechanisation and the collapse of the mezzadria system following the Second World War.

In the following photo i once experimented with the image editing program to demonstrate the direct comparison between two-dimensional scale sized drawing (left) and the three-dimensional result of my work.

I like the very typical figure of this breed, which combines elegance, calm and yet sheer strength. What do you mean?
stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by stenfalk on 14 Dec 2017, 20:30

The first wild boar sets are on sale. I am very happy to announce this. I decided to pack two sets of three figures each and offer the boar as a single figure.

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by stenfalk on 14 Dec 2017, 20:42

But the pigs aren't the only news. I have found some time to sculpt again and built some new beasts. First, the already introduced Chianina bull has been improved a bit; especially the front legs i had not really liked. Now he looks like this:

The male giraffe was completely new sculpted. He's a true giant, yet only 6 cm (2.4 ") high. I think the giraffe's gait has something very deliberate and majestic. I tried to reproduce that expression in my figurine. Did it work?

stenfalk  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Dec 2017, 01:16

ADVERT
One Prestigious Black Bull needs a few Blushing Cows.
Great Work. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 15 Dec 2017, 08:58

Agree with Paul! That bull looks much better now! Give him a couple of cows and you don't have sculpt their offspring. I am not certain about the giraffe, but I'm not an expert.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Peter on 17 Dec 2017, 18:59

I like them all.. a lot! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress