Work in Progress

Animals

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 01 Mar 2018, 17:57

the last pose is awesome
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Susofrick on 02 Mar 2018, 11:25

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: Oooooh! More dawgs! Love all of the animals, but your dawgs are awesome and a totally must have!!!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 02 Mar 2018, 17:45

The lion and the yak are awesome! But I really love the wolfhound with the pups.

If you're doing the "Big Five" then that means one of my all time favourite animals is on the way, I'm looking forward to that.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Mar 2018, 19:17

Fantastic editions to your range of animals Torsten.
Family sets always sell, :love1:
because they have that emotive adorable factor. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by stenfalk on 04 Mar 2018, 16:19

Thank you all for the kind comments, one more time. I am always happy to read this and I feel really honored about. Of course I hope that you like the two new breeds. These are on the one hand a Scottish Deerhound, a dog quite similar to the Irish Wolfhound, but lighter and more greyhound-like, and furthermore a Saint Bernard Dog, also known as Alpine Mastiff before being given the breed name. More information as always on my website.

Deerhound

Saint Bernard

stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by stenfalk on 25 Mar 2018, 21:02

Today I don't want to say many words. But there are some new figures from my workbench. It's a second cow for the yak herd. Soon will follow a small row of hares, six to ten animals; the first one is finished and I now have the "feeling" for it. And the third in the bunch is a Eurasian lynx. Lynxes are loners and that's why I've planned for the first time not to make a family for this. He will probably stay alone. Or should it be a mother with two lynx kittens?

stenfalk  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by stenfalk on 29 Mar 2018, 10:19

Two new dogs are casted, one is modeled like an English Bullmastiff, the other is referring to the Italian Cane Corso. I do not currently offer them as a set for the trade. It lacks the third in the league, but is already commissioned (Dogue de Bordeaux). Those who can not wait until then, may like to order via my website - there you will also find more information about the prices, the races and the possibilities of each conceivable uses in a temporal and local context.

In addition, the more modern dog breeds Boxer, Doberman and DSH * (* new modelage) have successfully passed the test-casting and will probably be added to my portfolio later this year. These races aren't only suitable for today's use, especially Boxers and Dobermann have historic ancestors with similar phenotypically appearences. Here, too, valuable information on possible or probable periods of use and localities can be found on http://stenfalk.de/.

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by DickerThomas on 29 Mar 2018, 11:38

wonderfull ... :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
DickerThomas  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 29 Mar 2018, 15:18

Always, always nice to see your work. And dogs in different pose are usefull for all of us.
Hope that they are available soon.
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by stenfalk on 29 Mar 2018, 19:49

Thanks a lot for the kind comments.

Wiking wrote:Always, always nice to see your work. And dogs in different pose are usefull for all of us.
Hope that they are available soon.
:yeah:

I want to start producing 1-2 figurines every 1-2 months, this year. But I will always mix a little, so one time a dog, the next time a pig or another animal. However, I would like to point out that interested parties can place pre-orders through my website. When a certain amount has been received, this figure receives the highest priority for casting. So you can have a say in the order. Otherwise I'll must do that as my mood is.
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by stenfalk on 20 Apr 2018, 20:52

After I was being plagued with influenza for almost 10 weeks at a time and with unusual violence, strength and stamina awakened to spending some time at my workbench again. I hope you all here felt better and all of you got off lightly.

That's why i'm happy that I could bring another project to a close: my first moose is completed! I don't want to say much, I think the species is generally well known that I can save myself the words. Only so much - it is a stag, in the original, the small would be about 200 cm high and estimated 700 kg heavy, beard and antler indicate an age around 5-7 years. The antler is a rod and shovel antler and has a span of about 160 cm.

And then I have something really great yet. Because I had not a base for apply the rest of kneaded Greenstuff, I rolled and rolled it and suddenly this king cobra came out: :xd: :xd: :xd:

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 20 Apr 2018, 22:34

Wiking  Germany

Posted by MABO on 21 Apr 2018, 07:08

The moose is fantastic, as is the snake! I had the same idea like you, Wiking!
MABO  Europe

Posted by stenfalk on 29 May 2018, 22:07

Hi guys,

at the moment I have only little opportunities to sculpt; there is a lot of pain in my hands since a few weeks and the medication helps only partially. But I had previously completed two figures - the first sheep, a Hungarian Racka, also known as a Balkan sheep, useable for Pannonian and Balkan themes since approximately the 9th century

and a Shami goat, usable for almost all epochs from about 1000 BC. in Arabia, Asia Minor and early themes in the Fertile Crescent.

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 30 May 2018, 08:15

Hmm, these seem to be the black sheeps of the family
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 30 May 2018, 10:24

Hello Stenfalk!
Any idea about a release date of the latest creations? They are on my wishlist!
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by stenfalk on 13 Jan 2019, 11:26

The already here and also on the Dioramica presented "mother" of my Shami or Damascus goat got her companions. This is now a small group of six prepared, which should go to the production and in the market as a set of 6. The goats can be used throughout the southern and eastern Mediterranean up to Asia Minor and across the Arab world via Syria, Jordan, Afghanistan, to the former southern Soviet republics, Iraq, Iran and Pakistan and as well as western and north-western India in dioramas of all epochs from about 6.-5. Millennium BC until today.

This you all already knows here:

These are then 4 new goats, all in different positions:

And the buck, a nice big beast with the typical roman head:

Setted up together the whole thing looks like this:

So far, however, no concrete production date is planned for me. If interested, I would like to remember my pre-order service, where you (when a certain amount of orders), a production may shift something forward.
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Jan 2019, 15:11

Some really tasty dishes to set out before the Wolves.
They all look superb tiny scale model animals to be sure.
Welcome back Torsten, you are a bright bronze supporting star. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by stenfalk on 28 Feb 2019, 17:40

After the pigs and the goats I started to sculpt sheep. At first, this took a lot of time for the research, because there are many races worldwide. Some look very similar, but some are very different. of course, I wanted to start show some big differences right at the beginning. Please see the following photos if i was succeeded.

1. Cotswold sheep, ewe

2. Soay sheep, ewe

3. Walachian sheep, ram

4. Racka sheep, ewe

5. Lincoln sheep, ram

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Feb 2019, 18:08

Yes I like them all. However I`m no ancient black sheep expert to be sure.
Now all we need is the young boy David of Biblical Fame! Plus a sizable flock!
Well done Torsten. :thumbup: A real cool presentation. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress