Work in Progress

Animals

Posted by stenfalk on 02 Sep 2017, 12:21

Beano Boy wrote:Beautiful Work!
I can picture this bull chasing Santi,
around the streets somewhere in Spain. :-D BB

Ok, but in this case Santi must have to go to Italy, Croatia or Hungary. But i'd like also to sculpt a spanish bull, espacially for Santi! ;-)
stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Sep 2017, 13:43

Especially for little o`ll me too? BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Wiking on 02 Sep 2017, 13:56

What about the Mastiff you do in the past in a very nice useful pose. Will he be available ?

Stenfalk wrote:
But i'd like also to sculpt a spanish bull, espacially for Santi!

Santi is right now searching for a trainer.

Wiking  Germany

Posted by stenfalk on 05 Sep 2017, 19:31

I have taken a lot of time in the last two days to update my website. Except for photos of figurines that are currently on test casting, and those that are still being worked on, you can now see all the finished animals. Among them already are some which i haven't shown in the forum yet. I will do this as soon as I am up with the accompanying texts on the website up to date. Maybe someone already wants to visit me at stenfalk.de. I would be very happy, thanks a lot!
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Dad's Army on 05 Sep 2017, 20:58

nice website, only at links you forgot to put the forumlink :P
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by stenfalk on 05 Sep 2017, 21:53

Dad's Army wrote:nice website, only at links you forgot to put the forumlink :P

First of all thank you. :-D

Because of the link you are right, but i had asked a long time before, whether it would not be possible to use a "bennos" header to put a link.

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20383&p=222067&hilit=header#p222067

You remember? I thought this could be interesting for more members, but i had no answer. So i've probably somehow forgotten to set the link. But i'll change it with the next works on the site. It's very attentive that you pointed out!
stenfalk  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by The Talking Horse on 06 Sep 2017, 07:58

Yet more temptation, Good luck and keep up the good work.
The Talking Horse  United Kingdom

Posted by stenfalk on 19 Sep 2017, 18:26

Today i present two new dogs, which are quite universally applicable. From the size and the habit they were modeled on two Molossian breeds, the Old English Mastiff and the Bordeaux Dog.

So you can use them as follows:

The first

Celtic War Dog/Dog of Roman Britain/Pugnax Britannicus; Britannia from ~ 500 BC - ~ 500 AD; roman provinces from ~ 100 - ~ 4th century

Alaunt Butchers (Guard dog); South France from ~ 5th century - ~ 14th century; extinct

Boarhound; France, german countries from ~ 14th - ~ 19th century

French Mastiff/Dogue de Bordeaux (systematic breeding); France from ~ 1920; worldwide from ~ 1980

The second

Celtic War Dog/Dog of Roman Britain/Pugnax Britannicus; Britannia from ~ 500 BC - ~ 500 AD; roman provinces from ~ 100 - ~ 4th century

English dog/Canis bellicosus Anglicus (hunting dog, guard dog, war dog); Britannia from ~ 1100 - ~ 1850

Old English Mastiff (systematic breeding); Great Britain from ~ 1820 - 1835; small population in North America from ~ 19th century; worldwide since ~ 1960

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Sep 2017, 08:06

Nonono, you are the Temperer! Not more! Just kidding! Go on! Love ALL your animals! Even though I don't buy all of them.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by huib on 20 Sep 2017, 12:45

That is very skilled craftmanship on sculpting the dogs, Stenfalk. Very nice!
huib  Netherlands

Posted by The Talking Horse on 20 Sep 2017, 14:48

Now we just have to paint them, Does anyone know of a good source of colour illustrations? Dog breeds of the world or similar.
Regards Douglas
The Talking Horse  United Kingdom

Posted by stenfalk on 20 Sep 2017, 17:05

Thank you huib, thank you Gunnar and Douglas too!

The Talking Horse wrote:Now we just have to paint them,

Yep, this is a very good attitude! And so that there is always something to paint, i strive very hard, as you can see here. ;-)

Because of the work-intensive design of the fur i had always defered my bear family. Yesterday i could finish the bear mother and athe first of two planned cubs. I think, this is a good reason to introduce you the both completed figurines.

The cub:

The mother:

Both united:

Thanks for watching!
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Graeme on 20 Sep 2017, 17:20

Once again you've really captured the gait of the bear, I can sense it moving.

The cub is sooo cute. :-D
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Ben90 on 20 Sep 2017, 17:31

Veeeeeeeeeeeeery nice!!!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Sep 2017, 02:44

Fantastic work Torsten . :thumbup: I love the Bears. Will there be another in the set.
Three`s sell much better than two`s and I`m also greedy!

The Bob Cat Lynx I placed disappeared so I placed another here in the magical snow.

I hope you all like it. Pictures inspire and can touch the heart. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 21 Sep 2017, 07:46

Wow! Just Wow!
Susofrick  Sweden

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by stenfalk on 29 Sep 2017, 15:09

The domestic pig is considered to be one of the earliest domestic animals, along with cattle, sheep and goats. In the meantime it is assured that about 8500 BC was begun with domestication; and this in several regions of the world independently of each other! Although the early "domestic pigs" resembled their wild ancestors for a very long time - namely until the middle of the nineteenth century - the human were able to retrospectively at least some early breeding activities, resulting in a regional and causal accumulation distinguishable varieties and offshoots.

One of the first demonstrable breeding efforts of humans led to the formation of a line, which is referred in the literature as a Roman or Celtic Iberian pig. Its descendants include Iberico, Porco Celta and Alentejana, which are still found on the Iberian Peninsula, as well as the breeds Périgord (FRA), Samolace (ITA) and Bündner or Veltliner (SUI/ITA), completely extinct or reduced until relict populations around the middle of the 20th century. The figures can thus also be used in modern 1/72-dioramas with a corresponding region of occurence. For the historical model builder the figures are suitable for use in depictions referring to the Roman provinces Italia and Tarraconensis (from ~ 250 BC ~ ~ 500), the Roman provinces Narbonensis and Raetia (from ~ 100 ~ ~ 500) and later in the areas of South France, Switzerland and Northern Italy from ~ 500 to around 1950.

The origins of my figures are medium-sized animals with shoulder heights of 70 - 80 cm.

011-1

011-2

011-3

011-4

011-5

011-6

Last but not least, i would like to give a small outlook on my interpretation of a second line, the big, lop-eared Celtic-Germanic pig. These animals, which were about 1 meter high and up to 2 meters long, were more typical for Central and Northern Europe - but more on that later. In the attached photo, the size difference between the Romanesque and a Celtic-Germanic pig can be quite well understood.

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by sansovino on 29 Sep 2017, 17:38

Pretty pigs which will give delicious ham. Besides the fun your pigs are really well done.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 30 Sep 2017, 22:39

Thank you for posting both bears and pigs. Excellent work! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by stenfalk on 05 Oct 2017, 19:04

The testshots of my first small wild boar series are successfully completed and I would like to produce a small 6 part-set of figurines in the next weeks. There should be three adult and three young animals (Überläufer). However, since I had 4 adult animals choosed for the test castings, I have to take the final three still from these. At the moment I am still swaying. Want you all help me?

Here are the adults:

And these are the younger:

Thanks for watching! 8)
stenfalk  Germany

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress