Work in Progress

1812 Campaign of Russia

Posted by ADM on 24 May 2019, 21:45

Only one day left and the Cannes Film Festival will be over, you won't have anymore to suffer seeing beautiful girls ! ;-) :love: (at least until next year) :winky:

Elsa Hosk

ADM  

Posted by ADM on 25 May 2019, 22:09

the latest pictures of the Cannes Film Festival 2019, time now to go back to my Napoleonic project, it need plenty of work. :-) and you still have no idea how far I will go !!! :wave:

Izabel Goulart

ADM  

Posted by ADM on 27 Jun 2019, 22:12

This time I've made some progress with the Zvezda's plastic figures.

-- The cuffs of the jacket are painted red (Vallejo 70909 vermillion) with a blue stripe on it (Vallejo 70809 royal blue) and buttons (Vallejo 70801 Laiton). Also a white line come around the red.

--spurs to the boots of the 4 riding officers : Vallejo 70864 Natural steel, with their webbing (Vallejo 70940 Saddle brown).

--On the back of the blue coat of each figure I've drew with a rotring pencil the letter "N" with a dot above (on the white flaps of the coat)

-- For some unknown reason all the 4 plastic flag pole broke at the same height (above the shako) when manipulating figures with my fingers so I replaced them with a metal pole, it could come from a problem of the mould who damage the pole, because the bayonnet are much more thinner but none of them broke, in fact you can bend them to 45 degree and shape them again to the right place 10 time, it doesn't break at all.

--Drummers and fifre :
The chevrons of the drummers and fifres are painted white first, then yellow (Vallejo 70953), and after that I've added some red dots (Vallejo 70909 vermillion) with the tip of a brush.

The metal color of the drum is the mitsubishi pen UM 153 bronze (Pigment ink),a blue stripe above and below the drum is vallejo 70809 royal blue (underlined with black) the rope is Vallejo 70876 brown sand, and the link of the ropes is white. Everything is underlined with black, by a thin brush.

The drum membrane is an addition of a white base, then apply a very diluted wash (95% of water with 5% of paint) Vallejo 70876 brown sand and two more wash made with black.
Drum sticks are Vallejo 70984 flat brown with a laiton part (Vallejo 70801)
With all the drummers I've already painted for the french infantry, the tambour majors will be welcome, music was very important during battle, among noise and smoke it was the only way to transmit orders or support the moral of troops.

ADM  

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress