Work in Progress

1812 Campaign of Russia

Posted by Peter on 11 Apr 2016, 09:17

Let's see 319 + 164, that makes 483 figures. Just a small project for you! :mrgreen:

Go on! This is just like a TV serie! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 11 Apr 2016, 10:00

Peter wrote: This is just like a TV serie! ;-)

Couldn't agree more! And a real good one too! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Apr 2016, 11:12

The Grande Spectacle of the Saxon Cuirassiers charging the Russian Redoubts bristling with Artillery and ringed by entrenched Russian Infantry does conjure up such a sight,and herein lays a question and debate about the front cuirass ,the brestplate not being worn at Borodino by those charging Saxons.
i have long thought about modeling such a sight and have reconciled myself with the underlining fact we can only paint the figures that are available to us at any one given time within the hobby.
Zvezda knew of this long before they produced this regiment of Saxon Heavy Cavalry for the Borodino Battle and war-gamers i bet hungered for them before they hit the market place.Of course modelers wanted the front cuirass,as did i.

I thought to light the candle of sound reason here before such a debate started upon this issue.
I am no critic of peoples work,i respect any ones efforts however small or large scale,but i will insist that real snow is to be used for any retreat debacle.
Only kidding ADM. i look forwards to seeing your excellent work take shape with such splendid uniformed delight. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Mr Schmitt on 11 Apr 2016, 13:59

Hi ADM,

Why don't you use the excellent figures from Leonid P. Much better than the new ones from Zvezda.
You can find them here in the forum. Figures from Leon.
Can't wait to see more from your project.
Mr Schmitt  Europe

Posted by Mr Schmitt on 11 Apr 2016, 14:09

@BB,

as far as I know the Zastrow-Kürassiere, as made by Zvezda, had their brestplate. Only the Garde du Corps (as made by Strelets) was not wearing them during the battle.
Mr Schmitt  Europe

Posted by Konrad on 11 Apr 2016, 19:59

The man without limits!
Stunning.
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 12 Apr 2016, 07:27

That is lot of figures :shock:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Cryns on 12 Apr 2016, 17:14

Me too, I love the massive way you approach all of this.
But how do you psychologically survive painting the thousands of white straps of 319 grenadiers in one flow?
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Hellboy on 12 Apr 2016, 19:35

Wau .... that it is even a really BIG project! :shock:
ADM, do you want to paint it all alone or do you have a large circle of friends, who are you assist? The huge number of figures makes me despondent .... I wish you good success and a steady hand !!!!!
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by ADM on 05 May 2016, 18:10

Hellboy, I've always worked alone on all of my project, there's no illegals working secretly in my basement ! ;-) and I couldn't let somebody else influence my project ! :mrgreen:

The cuirass of the Saxon cuirassiers isn't a problem for wargamers because were's using those figures for all the campaign, not just only one battle ! So with or without it's perfect ! :-D

Many thanks to everybody for your comments !
These sets of Russian fusiliers from Zvezda "art of tactic" is primed and ready for painting, the figures are easy to assemble and each part fit perfectly with others parts, it is very well engineered and the seam is almost invisible (except for the horses but filled with glue it's perfect). Sometime the peg need to be cut so it fit much better without (to assemble the leg to the body for example). It require a lot of time and extra work compared to others figures, it's easy even without glue, still, I strongly recommend glue ! In the end the figures look great and full of thin details without any unwanted plastic, the quality of this plastic is super good to cut or glue.

But are they more accurate or superior than any others figures ? I would say yes (only slightly) and this is why I bought them but I'm not very fond of this method of producing figures considering the time spent to build them, I think the best way is to use a multi parts mold to make a great figure made of one piece in hard/medium plastic. If you build few of them it's ok but building more than 100 is really time consuming ! Anyway the result is optimum, this is rewarding.

Now I'm preparing 240 Russian grenadiers in winter dress from Strelets, it's a great set but hard to find today, it took me many month to find 5 boxes on ebay but I'm very happy to have them !

ADM  

Posted by Peter on 05 May 2016, 19:43

That are an awefull lot of figures! Please put a figure counter on every post with finished figures! So we can see which amount you are painting! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 08 May 2016, 13:47

Peter wrote:That are an awefull lot of figures!

My thought exactly :shock: :shock: :shock:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by ADM on 16 May 2016, 13:03

I'm doing a pose of 2 weeks in this project because this is the Cannes film festival (France, May 11 to 22, 2016) and like every years I can't miss this special event ! here is some photos and videos, and more to come before it is over on Sunday! I will come back to my project after that ! :-D

Aishwarya Rai

Araya A. Hargate

Bérénice Bejo

Blake Lively

Eva Longoria

Haike Makatsch

Julianne Moore

Kristina Bazan

Leila Bekhti

Li BingBing

Li Yuchun

Myself !

Naomi Watts

Ola Al Fares

Sonam Kapoor

Susan Sarandon

Svetlana Khodtchenkova

Inside the palace festival of Cannes

I've also done 3 very small video of less than 1 minute on youtube :

In the crowd of the Cannes film festival, outside the palace festival in Cannes in the afternoon :

part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxJ2IIBTnQ

part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-9nOIyJ3w

Climbing the red stairs at midnight to see a movie ! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmpdAJHYcrk
ADM  

Posted by Susofrick on 16 May 2016, 14:39

Maybe I have the wrong hobby for these pics. Great fun to see them, but I only recognized two people and one of them was ADM. I'm probably to old for the rest of 'em. Huge of good lucks for the future of your real project! ;-)
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by davbenbak1 on 16 May 2016, 16:13

Yes, please return to your "real project" soon. I'm having nightmares of soldiers walking around unassembled and without arms or laying around in piles without legs or bases to stand on like in your previous pictures!
davbenbak1  United States of America

Posted by ADM on 17 May 2016, 00:39

Don't worry I will be soon back to my Napoleonic project ! :-) The Cannes film festival is my yearly time break !
Most of those stars are famous in their country but little known abroad, this is why they meet each others in Cannes during the Festival, to extend their fame to others countries !
And there's also some very big stars like Leonardo Dicaprio, Robert De Niro, Russel Crowe and some others who seem to enjoy more their hotel room than the public... but anyway, there's plenty of so beautiful top models :thumbup: who are not afraid to show their best part. :-D

Monday's photos !

Grazyna Torbicka

Lena Meyer-Landrut (German singer)

Xiao Wen Ju

Sonam Kapoor (second day)
ADM  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Cryns on 17 May 2016, 11:03

Dear ADM,

Thanks for sharing some glamour with us.

I may have missed some background info about you in the past, so I have to ask you some very personal questions now, which I usually never do. But you triggered me and others by showing us some very personal pictures of yourself:

That white uniform of yours, is that:

1) Your movie costume?
2) Your wargame outfit?
3) Your navy uniform?
4) Your cruise ship gala suit?

If answer 1) is correct: What movie are you in and what part do you play?
If answer 2) is correct: Where is your modeling working desk situated?
If answer 3) is correct: Are you a real Admiral? In that case we have to call you 'Sir' I guess. Of what country is your fleet since your English writing reveals some non-English influences.
If answer 4) is correct: Can the cruise ship crew miss you for so many days?

Enjoy your stay in Cannes!
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by ADM on 17 May 2016, 14:48

Mr. Cryns, although I'm not suspecting you of being part of any secret service in the world you will have to do with what you see and your imagination to find the true because everything is classified ! ;-)

The team of the film (filmmaker and comedians) are talking about their film just before we can see it on the screen.

ADM  

Posted by ADM on 17 May 2016, 23:02

More photos of this super Tuesday ! :-D

Pedro Almodovar

Natasha Poly

Barbara Palvin

Luma Grothe

Lara Stone

Karlie Kloss

Bianca Balti

ADM  

Posted by MABO on 18 May 2016, 09:33

ADM wrote:Mr. Cryns, although I'm not suspecting you of being part of any secret service in the world you will have to do with what you see and your imagination to find the true because everything is classified ! ;-)

To be honest, that is not a final answer for me... :-D
MABO  Europe

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress