Work in Progress

1812 Campaign of Russia

Posted by Konrad on 06 Jul 2022, 20:54

:shock: :shock: Speechless!!! :shock: :shock:
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Peter on 07 Jul 2022, 13:54

Konrad wrote::shock: :shock: Speechless!!! :shock: :shock:

Yep! Me to! :shock:

Admiral you have been very busy! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by ADM on 11 Aug 2022, 12:46

I'm glad to see you once more ! :-D

Bessiere, the pontoons and wagons are in plastic and coming from HAT but the two pontoon boats on wagons are white metal, bought so many years ago that I can't remenber who made it, maybe "fine scale factory" but I'm not sure.

The next set of figures (I also bought them many years ago) for this project is the Russian artillery from Zvezda (including one set of their “art of tactic” range) and some battlefield accessories from Italeri, there’s 28 guns, 15 wagons and limbers, 24 horses, 160 artillery crew and gunners (from the guard and the line artillery)

The base color for all the artillery and wagons is Tamiya XF5 flat green.
Starting with the figures.
Painted with a Tamiya white base, the trouser received a black wash and a Vallejo white drybrush.
Men on horses have a Vallejo 70992 neutral grey with black wash and drybrush (Grey mixed with 40% white).
The jacket is Vallejo 70970 deep green with wash and drybrush.
The buttons on the white trouser are underlined with a Rotring or Staedler (0,3mm) pencil, and covered by Vallejo matt varnish to fix it.
The guard artillery has black boots instead of black shoes for the line, and the boots have plenty of gold buttons (Vallejo Laiton 70801) on the side.
Collar, epaulette, sleeves, back of the jacket : every detail is painted in white first and then covered with red Vallejo 70909.
There’s 3 buttons on each sleeves : Vallejo 70801 Laiton.

Next update will be about the Saint Basil's cathedral.

ADM  

Posted by Susofrick on 11 Aug 2022, 14:37

Great to see that you are back from the nice and sunny weather! :-D A great effort already and it will just get better. I find a little resembalnce between the artillery guys and Dupond & Dupont, maybe you have their ancestors ... Really looking to see more of this massive scene (it must be with all that you have showed us). Go on!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Rich W on 11 Aug 2022, 22:39

Great start on this next batch. The hours you are putting into this project is mind-blowing!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 30 Aug 2022, 10:57

Again some great progress on this project! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by ADM on 23 Dec 2022, 18:53

Hello everybody ! :-D
Here I come again with fresh work,
The next stage of my work on the St Basil cathedral is still about plexiglass cut and worked with circular saw, milling machine and sanding machine, the plexiglass is available in different shape : sheet, rod and sphere, of many size, which is perfect to make every difficult part and columns or anything else.

White PVC profile (Evergreen) and sheet complete the work, easy to cut without machine. The gold roof edging, of 3 different type are made of white PVC to make it as close as possible to the real thing, it’s something really small and long to work with because there’s a lot of them (several meter long, perforated with thousands of 0,8mm holes for the whole project…)

On each side there’s a shape that looks like an hexagon with many structures, windows and doors in the wall, I still have to work on the upper side to add more details and the shape above.

I wish everybody a merry Christmas and happy new year !

ADM  

Posted by Bessiere on 23 Dec 2022, 19:07

I don't know how you continually up your game every time you post your work, each new element seems more complex and elegantly constructed than the last. Massively impressive architectural elements here - certainly unfamiliar to most of us in the West. I can't wait for your grand vision to take shape given the vast number of figures you have already done. It will be a spectacle worthy of museum display, of that I'm sure. Fantastic work ADM. We are all in awe of your talents and dedication to such an elaborate project.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by StellarX on 24 Dec 2022, 01:50

Utterly stunning craftsmanship.
StellarX  

Posted by Minuteman on 24 Dec 2022, 12:57

Incredible work, architectural modelling of the very highest quality!
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 24 Dec 2022, 13:27

Awesome work on this building! And I know how tricky it is to work with plexiglass, so you have my respect on that to! Watch your fingers please! ;-) :thumbup:

Looking forward to your progress on this project! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by C M Dodson on 24 Dec 2022, 17:06

Hello Mr ADM.

Well, I am not a fan of your Italieri limbers and painting of eyes but this work is truly magnificent on a level that is artistry.

I have tried working with this material and nearly lost my fingers!

Your attention to detail and command of the medium is inspirational and humbling.

Happy Christmas !

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 25 Dec 2022, 07:41

ADM--

You are a unique individual and a true treasure. Your St. Basil Cathedral will soon be able to take its place amongst the greatest works ever displayed here at Benno's Figure Forum, or, indeed, anywhere in our hobby. You don't do things half-way; when you set out to accomplish a goal, world class is the only word for your achievement.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by tullo on 28 Dec 2022, 19:03

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :oops: :oops: :oops: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
tullo  Germany

Posted by ADM on 10 Mar 2023, 23:36

Many thanks my friends ! :-D

More progress added to my Cathedral, more details on already built structure, there’s 2 icons (religious painting) outside the Cathedral against the wall with ornaments and a little roof for each of them, I used PVC, plexiglass and Milliput to make them. You can see each step on photos.

I have then worked on the upper part of the core, the second floors with details, windows, doors and so on, the same way I did before for the part below, small details are always more time consuming than bigger parts, there’s plenty and everywhere in any shape of this cathedral and I’m going to make them all no matter how much time it take ! I have everything I need for this, including to be patient.

The wings of the building will not be immediately fixed to the center to ease the painting, only when finished, everything will be glued together, because the painting will be a big task too. I will come back when more photos of my work will be available! (And also for the Cannes Film Festival in May.)

ADM  

Posted by Chariobaude on 11 Mar 2023, 09:10

i am...speechless... WOW !!!!!
Chariobaude  France

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by k.b. on 11 Mar 2023, 14:53

Absolutely and literally a monumental project for which you have my utmost respect! Look forward to seeing this project evolve with bated breath.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Bessiere on 11 Mar 2023, 21:14

I am beyond impressed ADM. Your attention to detail, patience, precision and dedication are becoming legendary. Just the milliput framing you so patiently created is extraordinary! Fantastic, unbelievable; pick any superlative and all fall short of describing properly your work. Someday it would be the greatest of treats to me personally to see your epic creation in person. There are some things in this world worth making extraordinary efforts to see up close and you sir are making one of those.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Santi Pérez on 12 Mar 2023, 18:16

Chariobaude wrote:i am...speechless... WOW !!!!!

This is also my same impression, due to the great amount of pieces and the incredible detail applied on all of them. :drool: :drool: :drool:

My deep respect, Mr. ADM. :yeah:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by C M Dodson on 12 Mar 2023, 19:02

Incredible application of modelling prowess Mr ADM.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress