Work in Progress

Ming army project (Battle of Byeokjegwan,1593)

Posted by lirui on 16 Nov 2015, 12:59

明朝(1368-1644年)是中国历史上最后一个由汉族建立的大一统王朝,历经十二世,共十六位皇帝,享国二百七十六年。
The Ming dynasty(1368AD-1644AD) is the last one in the history of Chinese set up by the han dynasty, the unification through xii, a total of 16 emperors, country continuous two hundred and seventy-six years.

大明,无汉唐之和亲,无两宋之岁币,天子御国门,君主死社稷。当为后世子孙所敬仰。

Ming dynasty, none marriages with foreigns,different to the Han and Tang dynasties, none age of the COINS as song dynasty , monarch dead for the country was admired by future generations。

万历朝鲜战争,又称“朝鲜壬辰卫国战争”;日本称之为“文禄之役”,第二次称之为“庆长之役”,或合称为“文禄-庆长之役”,“朝鲜征伐”,“征韩”;朝鲜及韩国称之为“壬辰倭乱”,第二次称之为“丁酉再乱”;中国称为“朝鲜之役”,与“宁夏之役”、“播州之役”合称为“万历三大征”。
Imjin War of Korea。。。。Sorry,don't know how to translate, WIKI, please.

万历朝鲜之役(朝鲜:壬辰倭乱;日本:文禄・庆长の役),发生于十六世纪末于朝鲜半岛的局部战争,战争分为两段,前后持续七年。
Imjin War of Korea。。。。Occurred in the 16th century in Korean , war is divided into two periods, last seven years.

1592年4月,丰臣秀吉派遣16万军人前往朝鲜,文禄之战因而揭开序幕。日军在战争初期处于优势,一个月攻陷朝鲜京城,驱逐朝鲜国王李昖。明朝廷很快便派出5万大军前去救援,日军受挫后和明朝议和,在1595年,战争第一阶段结束。
1597年正月,日军14万大军再侵朝鲜。朝鲜二次求援,明朝紧急调4万兵力赴朝迎敌,明朝后续不断增兵,最高至7万。日军在丰臣秀吉逝世后难以为继,遂全部从朝鲜半岛撤退。《明史·日本传》把战争的终结归结为:“秀吉死,诸倭扬帆尽归,朝鲜患亦平。然自关白侵东国,前后七载,丧师数十万,糜饷数百万,中朝与朝鲜迄无胜算。至关白死,兵祸始休,诸倭亦皆退守岛巢,东南稍有安枕之日矣。”
朝鲜李朝肃宗曾言:“神宗皇帝于我国,有万世不忘之功矣。当壬辰板荡之日,苟非神宗皇帝动天下之兵,则我邦其何以再造而得有今日乎?”
Sorry again ,don't know how to translate, WIKI, please.

先来第一枚:
The first one:
京营布面甲长枪手
Pikeman from the central region army ( Located in Beijing )
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

第二枚:
The second:
京营布面甲长枪手
Pikeman from the central army

第三枚:
The third
京营布面甲长枪手
Pikeman from the central army

之后,我会做一些 精锐边军,( 他们长期与蒙古、女真作战)就如我的头像造型一样,他们才是朝鲜战场上对抗日本武士的主力部队,挽救了朝鲜。
然而,很多人都忘记了这段历史。
Then, I would like to make some elite BianJun( border region army,they had resisted invasion against Mongolia、jurchen for a long time), as my profile photo image, they are the main forces whom fought against Japanese samurais, saved Korean.
However, a lot of people forget this period of history.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zvezda had a lot of Japanese samurai. But our Chinese Ming Dynasty Troopers Released were very few....and all of them were out of Historical Accuracy!! Neither Redbox or Caesar、hagen...... So, I had collected a lot of historical textual research ,and did sculpture myself~~!

Dioramas:Battle of Byeokjegwan 1593
lirui  China

Posted by Peter on 16 Nov 2015, 13:22

Great sculpted figures! :thumbup:

Maybe instead of the Chinese words, put some simple words in English. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Frankzett on 16 Nov 2015, 13:25

Very nice sculpted and an interesting material mix with this rivets. What do you use to create this rivets, I am always to lazy to sculpt extra rivets on armor or such buttons.
But for my taste the Helmets of No. 1 and 2 are too small, I would rework them to look like the No. 3 figure.

Greetings
Frank
Frankzett  

Posted by guilhem on 16 Nov 2015, 13:55

excellent... I have the same question that Frankzett
guilhem  France

Posted by lirui on 16 Nov 2015, 15:05

Very nice sculpted and an interesting material mix with this rivets. What do you use to create this rivets, I am always to lazy to sculpt extra rivets on armor or such buttons.

0.5mm steel ball from hardware store......but,be considered,next group,I will use 0.35mm instead , it would be more suit~
lirui  China

Posted by Alex on 16 Nov 2015, 21:23

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: very good work !!!
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Nov 2015, 23:03

Very good model figures you are working on. I Like The Project. :thumbup:
In line with what Peter advised,a few short sentences in English is all that`s required.Respectfully BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Durruti on 20 Nov 2015, 17:21

Excellent! :yeah: :yeah:

Lirui, I am also very interested in the Song Dynasty that fought against the Yuan Dynasty in the 13th Century - do you know of any good Chinese sources and pictures of Song infantry - archers, crossbow-men, swords-men, halberd-men etc??
Durruti  

Posted by lirui on 21 Nov 2015, 06:22

Excellent! :yeah: :yeah:

Lirui, I am also very interested in the Song Dynasty that fought against the Yuan Dynasty in the 13th Century - do you know of any good Chinese sources and pictures of Song infantry - archers, crossbow-men, swords-men, halberd-men etc??

Sources of Song dynasty I haven't collected detailed,it's scattered . But I sure that armor of general was the same to Song in the early period of Ming dynasty! A armor bequeathed to the family by their forefathers was very few, old style(we called :山文甲)

As I konw, you can directly get same informations by a Medieval II Total War mod: “绍定入洛",it had many versions, I suggest "绍定入洛:建炎悲歌". This mod made by our Chinese studio cost several years time,issue for over a year.
lirui  China

Posted by Durruti on 22 Nov 2015, 15:05

Thanks for information on that mod, lirui. I was aware of another (unfinished) mod for Medieval II called "All Under Heaven" which has a Song faction but wasn't sure how accurate it was:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?290120-Preview-Scroll-Three-The-Song-Dynasty

I'm also interested in the Xin Fu Jun who were former Song troops used in the second attempted invasion of Japan by the Yuan Dynasty in 1281 - so Chinese fighting samurai again!

Also wondering which 1/72 figures might be suitable for conversion - perhaps Caesar's Ming Dynasty infantry might be more suitable for Song Dynasty instead?
Durruti  

Posted by DickerThomas on 24 Nov 2015, 10:14

I like this topic :yeah: :yeah:
DickerThomas  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 24 Nov 2015, 10:35

DickerThomas wrote:I like this topic :yeah: :yeah:

Me too :thumbup:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by lirui on 24 Nov 2015, 12:52

I'm also interested in the Xin Fu Jun who were former Song troops used in the second attempted invasion of Japan by the Yuan Dynasty in 1281 - so Chinese fighting samurai again!

Also wondering which 1/72 figures might be suitable for conversion - perhaps Caesar's Ming Dynasty infantry might be more suitable for Song Dynasty instead?

HI , Durruti. I can't open that link , whether at home or in office. As some pictures on this form posted by others ,I can't see them...., estimate 30%. :( :(

You are right, Caesar's Ming Dynasty infantry, half of which had a hat,called "范阳笠“,originate from Song Dynasty , till end of Ming Dynasty as a town militia's equipment by our Han nationality. But,that's body armour was too heavy as a militiamen.I also need to point out that the belt was wrong, it would be a cloth tape, even if he is rich and had a belt ,in China that time, we used: "卡簧“, had a switch button , belt tail can't be saw as nowadays.

Another half was armoured "锦甲”, it's a sgt's armour used by Datong(大同,now is still the same name in Shanxi province) garrison, late Ming Dynasty! It can't be used as Song infantry.

Yuan Dynasty and later:Qing Dynasty we were oppressed nation,a conquered nation. so I didn't consider that's Chinese fighting samurai again. It's only part of Mongol invasion.
lirui  China

Posted by Durruti on 25 Nov 2015, 22:23

:yeah: Many thanks again for the useful information, lirui, and sorry if I diverted the topic slightly. I'm looking forward to see the progress with your wonderful figures!

In general I think many collectors and gamers would like more Chinese figure sets and information on the various dynasties. It is very significant that Plastic Soldier Review was unable to give a rating for "Historical Accuracy" for both Caesar Ming and Qing sets.
Durruti  

Posted by furinkazan1573 on 25 Nov 2015, 22:30

Very nice sculpted figures of an interesting topic. Like you mentioned, this war is unknown in Europe. Personnaly i know about it because my interests lie in japanese history. For the ones looking for english sources i mention 3 books:
- 'Samurai Invasion' written by Stephen Turnbull. This one is principally based on japanese sources.
- 'A Dragon's Head and a Serpent's Tail' by Kenneth M. Swope, based mainly on chinese sources.
- 'The Imjin War' by Samuel Hawley, based on korean sources.

Iirui, i can't wait to see the following pictures of your project. Keep them coming ;-)
furinkazan1573  Belgium

Posted by lirui on 28 Nov 2015, 17:24

第四枚:
The fourth:

辽东边军精锐
Liaodong border region army elite(they had resisted invasion against Mongolia、jurchen for a long time。Liaodong is eastern parts of Liaoning province now)

《平番得胜图》

Temporary combine:
lirui  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by lirui on 04 Jan 2016, 14:58

箭囊参考图 1:
quiver Reference picture 1:
They were infantry from the central region army with another kind of helmet

箭囊参考图 2:
quiver Reference picture 2:
They were heavy infantry from the central region army

明军 配件:
Ming army accessories:

更换箭囊后的效果图:
Changed quiver picture:

第五枚:
The fifth:
辽东边军精锐
辽东边军精锐
Northern(Liaodong) border region army (Liaodong is eastern parts of Liaoning province now)
lirui  China

Posted by Frankzett on 05 Jan 2016, 10:59

Oh yes! The quality grows further higher. I think the rivets have the right size for the figures -crisp indeed!!- And the investigation gives a real historical quality :yeah: .
But how do you plan the swords? My opinion; for the long lances the open hands are o.k. I did the same with my Swiss pikemen. But for the swords I would sculp the weapon together with the fist for fixing them with a peg in the tap-hole of the sleeve. So You have a fine sculpted close grip and there is the opportunity to change the angle of the fist-and-weapon.

Go on further :yeah:
Frank
Frankzett  

Posted by lirui on 05 Jan 2016, 16:52

Thanks !Frankzett ~~ :-D

I considered separate parts, it is easy to copy masters later.
Thanks to my firend , account "dollplayer", his team research and develop white metel PE for me ,includes samurai‘s Tachi(Covered burning pattern) and Dao(刀 Blade)for Ming army, arrows(very tiny).

Blade(刃)and Dao tan(刀镡 or 刀挡)were seperated.

That was one kind of PE , I think those new products will be released for sell immediately~~! :-D :yeah: :yeah:
lirui  China

Posted by lirui on 25 Jan 2016, 17:05

第六个:
Sixth:
明卫所步兵
Militiaman of garrison stations
(注:他们绝大多数用刀)
(PS: most of them used Dao(Blade))

明卫所兵VS倭寇足轻
Ming militiaman VS Ashigaru

第七个:
Seventh:
大同府戍边军
Datong garrison army

凯撒模型的~升级版本~~
Caesar's miniature~improved edition~~
武器:三眼铳
Weapon:Three eye Blunderbuss

第八个:
Eighth:
锦衣卫(战场装)(Imperial guards of the Ming Dynasty which eventually became a sort of SS troops)
Jinyi Wei(battlefield clothing)

汉族幞头之一,我大汉民族幞头种类实在是太多了,还原了此款
One kind of FuTou,our han nationality's Futou were variety, my work accroding to this kind.
锦衣卫 VS 倭贼忍者 ,请忽略临时用的拍照武器欧洲剑:)
Jinyi Wei VS Ninja ,please ignore the temporary European sword :)
lirui  China

Next page

Return to Work in Progress