Work in Progress

Ming army project (Battle of Byeokjegwan,1593)

Posted by Peter on 06 May 2021, 14:49

Bluefalchion wrote:I just can't stop staring...

I just can't stop staring...

Can you do some staring for me to, please? :shock:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 06 May 2021, 15:12

Peter wrote:Can you do some staring for me to, please? :shock:

My answer is "yes."
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Bessiere on 06 May 2021, 19:30

Lirui, these banners are as incredible and wonderfully detailed as the rest of your work. I truly wish someone would video you and your work to create a documentary. Masterworks of all kinds deserve that kind of attention.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 09 May 2021, 03:39

lirui wrote:Sorry, I don't know any of that, my reference is NHK TV dramas , Taiga drama.

Oh, that's great anyway, do you have any information about those? Like the names of shows or the unit names they have in the shows? It's just handy for research because I haven't seen them.
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Patrick71 on 09 May 2021, 12:54

Magnificent painting, Lirui! very subtle and clean. I don't know anything of that period or of those wars but it's a joy to see your painted figures. I wonder if you use magnifying glasses or anything like that to be able to paint those details so well?
Patrick71  Belgium

Posted by lirui on 10 May 2021, 15:21

Patrick71 wrote:Magnificent painting, Lirui! very subtle and clean. I don't know anything of that period or of those wars but it's a joy to see your painted figures. I wonder if you use magnifying glasses or anything like that to be able to paint those details so well?

:xd: A good lamp is enough, none of that is needed, use pens and the pigment concentration need to master.

The Ming Dynasty, which reigned China for 276 years, is described as one of the greatest epochs with orderly governance and social stability in human history. Imjin war It was a medieval war of the Three Kingdoms that had a profound impact in the east at the time. Korea suffered heavy losses as a battlefield;The power of Toyotomi's regime was weakened, leading to Tokugawa Ieyasu's unification of Japan;The loss of the Ming's military power and the reduction of the troops in northeast provided an opportunity for the Manchurian of Jianzhou in northeast China to expand their power.The Imjin War played a role in reintegrating the political and military forces of East Asian countries, and laid the foundation of the peace situation among the three East Asian countries for three hundred years.

It was also the last glory of Han Chinese,then the Manchus swept through China , Qing Dynasty had been declared, China was shrouded in darkness for hundreds of years.

By the way, Some unfriendly people using Fu Manchu to blacken China that's not funny at all -_-
lirui  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 May 2021, 18:54

We try to avoid any discussion of politics here, for very good reasons.

For one, I want our discussions to focus on positive topics like your sensational figures for the Battle of Beokegwaen 1593!

Posted by lirui on 13 May 2021, 16:07

Ashigaru-yari ( infantry spear or pike)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dissemination of science:
The Japanese spear or pike is not used for stabbing, different to other armies in the world
On the battlefield, it was used for knocking and blunt enemy to ground,take an enemy'head with katana
so,here, I want to point out it was rare to squat down to against horses, the Ashigaru-yari squares of both sides whom gets hit first to crouch, would be defeated,
Japanese army form a standing formation on the battlefield crossing yaris to face cavalry.(yaribusuma)
By the way,Japanese samurai fighting on horseback is not yet recognized by Japanese historians,
Most likely they rode into battle, dismounted and fought on foot as they approached the enemy :-D :-D :-D

↑↑↑
Because the Japanese horses were small and could not for charge :xd: :xd: :xd:

↑↑↑↑ ZVEZDA ,Russian designers, they might not understand all of this,
This is a lack of knowledge of war, not a mistake,I can also imagine, facing Ming cavalry, their Ashigaru-yari defending, covering and exerting long-range firepower 8)So I will accept to use this posture
lirui  China

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 16 May 2021, 01:45

Didn't know that kneeling and bracing wasn't really done, or that mounted combat wasn't a thing, fascinating stuff. I love these historical tidbits.

Posted by Peter on 16 May 2021, 07:51

Good history lesson and very nice spears! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by lirui on 28 May 2021, 16:02

lirui  China

Posted by lirui on 19 Jun 2021, 05:16

lirui  China

Posted by Konrad on 19 Jun 2021, 06:39

Fantastic!!!
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Chariobaude on 19 Jun 2021, 10:47

WOW, amazing !!!
Chariobaude  France

Posted by Bluefalchion on 19 Jun 2021, 13:26

Now you are presenting some figures I have actually painted myself, so it is a bit easier to wrap my mind around them. But the ones I did, well they did not end up as good as yours.

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 25 Jun 2021, 22:35

I can see that you weren't happy with the plastic weapons provided and you had to insert your own lol. Is that Ashigaru set from Zvezda? They look like Zvezda's designs but I can't find the sculpts.

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by lirui on 28 Jun 2021, 13:24

OwenChpw wrote:I can see that you weren't happy with the plastic weapons provided and you had to insert your own lol. Is that Ashigaru set from Zvezda? They look like Zvezda's designs but I can't find the sculpts.

Modified from Zvezda and added some food wraps at the seams
lirui  China

Posted by Bluefalchion on 28 Jun 2021, 13:58

OwenChpw wrote:I can see that you weren't happy with the plastic weapons provided and you had to insert your own lol. Is that Ashigaru set from Zvezda? They look like Zvezda's designs but I can't find the sculpts.

They are the minibox set. Ashigura with spears or something like that. Art of Tactic. But liriu has improved them considerably.

Posted by Peter on 28 Jun 2021, 21:37

I do the staring now, for Aaron and myself! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fantastic figures again Lirui! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Minuteman on 29 Jun 2021, 14:30

Truly remarkable and superb figures. The insights into how Japanese armies of the period actually fought ie: use of horses as transport rather than battle cavalry mounts, and use of pikes, is all very illuminating.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress