Work in Progress

Ming army project (Battle of Byeokjegwan,1593)

Posted by Bessiere on 20 Apr 2020, 07:41

I remove my hat to a master modeller. Your work here is just superb. wonderful work with greenstuff and painted with a rare exactitude that feels reminiscent of the very fine Japanese lacquerwork during the Edo period. I would add I have never seen a better use of complementary colors. Just exquisite. Cheers, Besssiere. :yeah:
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Egbert on 20 Apr 2020, 09:09

Very amazing done with a superb painting Job!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Egbert  Germany

Posted by lirui on 18 May 2020, 12:13

Bessiere wrote:I remove my hat to a master modeller. Your work here is just superb. wonderful work with greenstuff and painted with a rare exactitude that feels reminiscent of the very fine Japanese lacquerwork during the Edo period. I would add I have never seen a better use of complementary colors. Just exquisite. Cheers, Besssiere. :yeah:

Thank you. I'm flattered. :xd:
lirui  China

Posted by lirui on 18 May 2020, 12:14

lirui  China

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 18 May 2020, 13:01

This is my favourite army blog on this entire website. I save all the images for my own reference for when I will make my own medieval Koreans / Chinese. So jealous of your custom sculpts, still praying 3D printing will make great miniatures like these readily available for the public at some point. Very neat painting, historically accurate, incredibly inspiring!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Bessiere on 18 May 2020, 22:13

This period is not of great interest to me but the work you've done certainly makes checking it out worthwhile. Always inspiring, excellent work.

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by C M Dodson on 19 May 2020, 07:55

Beautiful work as always and the painting is outstanding.

Straight from the film Ran, excellent.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 19 May 2020, 12:14

I like the way you used Vallejo paint bottles :D :D :D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by lirui on 01 Jun 2020, 12:55

Armor of the samurai's on the left side-------<Sanadamaru> TV

lirui  China

Posted by Bessiere on 01 Jun 2020, 17:07

Really gorgeous work lirui. I can't wait to see some larger scenes with multiple figures.

Posted by Wiking on 01 Jun 2020, 20:33

And once more again.

Superb figures in pose, made and paint.

Done by a master.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Germanicus on 01 Jun 2020, 22:06

This is actually incredible, one of the best works I've ever seen
Germanicus  Italy

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 01 Jun 2020, 22:58

Annnnd... saved in my reference folder again. My reference image database will grow ever larger with my favourite army blog on this website.

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jun 2020, 23:55

It's getting better every time you post. Incredible Work! A pleasure to view. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by lirui on 14 Jun 2020, 08:36

lirui  China

Posted by Egbert on 14 Jun 2020, 09:11

Wiking wrote:And once more again.

Superb figures in pose, made and paint.

Done by a master.

There is nothing else to say... :oops: :thumbup:
Egbert  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by lirui on 16 Jun 2020, 17:45

Today I would like to introduce the main Sengoku daimyo Who's army fighting in the battle of Byeokjegwan

Tachibana Muneshige
(December 18, 1567 ~January 15, 1643)
His army was the fiercest in the battle and caused great damage to the Ming army

↓↓So you see why I drew the black and white flag :xd:

His army is noted for its bravery in Japan, known as about three thousand troops. After battle, only 1132 men left 《Japanese War History Korean war》, and the Tachibana army did not take part in any recorded battles after that.

Gold foil peach shaped helmet
"Peach pocket" most famous is Tachibana Muneshige's "Golden Armor" troops.
before the battle [Tachibana in the future in the Korean campaign]Tachibana Muneshige created about 200 gold foil peach pocket, the purpose is to show the discipline and military power of Tachibana family.

This helmet is influenced by Western armor helmet. Because the western helmet protrudes from the center, it is regarded as peach-shaped by the Japanese, so this helmet is collectively called "peach-shaped helmet".The vertical rim and smooth surface in the center of the helmet make it less vulnerable to swords, spears, bows and arrows. In addition, the peach helmet is light in weight and activity up convenient.
As for the origin of "peach shaped helmet", modern Japanese armour scholars thought that were brought by Portuguese and Spanish in Japan during the Warring States Period, should have imitated the rare imported helmet as helmet of the junior warrior.

The gold peach shaped helmets of the tachibana family are now hanging in two rows in the corridor of the " Tachibana Historical Museum " hall, quite spectacular!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coincidentally, I have one peach shaped helmet at home ↓↓ :-D
Next, I will transform and paint a lot of gold peach helmets ;-) ;-) ;-)
lirui  China

Posted by lirui on 16 Jun 2020, 18:10

After so many years on this forum
Let me come out and introduce myself
:-)

First of all, you might ask why am I interested in this Imjin war

Yes, I'm very interested. This project has been going on for almost five years.
Imjin war ,It's very famous and meaningful in Korean history, far-reaching.A war of three nations.

My paternal grandfather was a PLA soldier fighting against the US in the Korean War,and my maternal grandfather was a Notrh Korean soldier, 8)

May peace be with the world forever, and when unified Korea in the future :xd:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

↑ ↑ I wore my collection of armor , The Ming dynasty’s border troops

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

↑ ↑ I wore the Korean armor ,low order military officer

I'm working on this armor to enhance the details
Notice the dragon on the shoulder in the blue circle,These were unique to Korean armor.
Many people can't tell the difference between Ming armour and Korean armour.The easiest thing to do is look at the sleeves and shoulders
lirui  China

Posted by Bessiere on 16 Jun 2020, 22:27

You have shown me how Asian uniforms were every bit the equal of Napoleonic Europe in aesthetic terms. I am very familiar with Japanese armor but had not seen Chinese and Korean outfits. Thank you for exposing me to a period and style i was rather ignorant of. History has many pleasant surprises for the curious.

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 17 Jun 2020, 00:49

This is very cool. I really liked the designs of Korean armour, I stopped by Seoul last year and the museums were fascinating.

It's different when it's personal isn't it? A lot of miniatures are science fiction and fantasy and people create all kinds of different periods but modelling your own history gives it an extra dimension, and I'm not sure how biases can reflect in miniatures but it's not something I've really considered.

You know a lot of the old images don't work anymore, but if you would ever compile the old posts with pictures into a blog I would read it. From what I've been told, the Osprey's on Ancient and Medieval China are inaccurate and I just get all my info from online research and such.

I've actually found it quite difficult to find English sources on Korean forces in the Imjin war, such as the Righteous armies. I feel like I'm scrapbooking across the internet which isn't ideal. One thing I can't work out at all was how common was dual wielding swordsmen? The martial reenactments at the tourist spots are cool and I'd love to remake it in mini form.

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress