Work in Progress

The battle of Gata Forest 1365

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Aug 2020, 03:35

Well it's 3.35 a.m and the night owls have returned to their large wooden box way up in the old Oak tree deep within the wood,,,and i laughed when i saw that burn't tree here on this rather special place. Well the remains of what was once a tree anyway. Magic Gunnar,share magic in fact. It goes to prove that i am not the only one who is prone to end up with smoldering remains after trying out something new. Great to see that you are still sticking to your other plans concerning tree making. You are on a learning curb and i have every confidence that you will succeed in your endeavours.
Stay Safe,Stay Well,
you have others depending on you. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 19 Aug 2020, 05:14

I respect the dedication in making individual trees, shaping along nicely!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by Susofrick on 23 Mar 2023, 11:30

I am still working on my trees from time to time. The birch wasn't that successful, but the others will do for a scary forest. No, foliage since this is early march 1365. Will not burn any more trees even if it was great fun :mrgreen: . A little bit glossy and they will need some wash (well, two of them will need some paint too). Skipped the toiletpaper and used tape instead. On the trees!!! Not on the toilet!!!! :eh: :eh: :eh:
Still have a lot of figs to paint for this. Thought I had painted all, but then I bought more :oops: . And I have drooled at Speira and seen that they offer some nice fitting figures too :drool: :drool: :drool: .

Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by C M Dodson on 23 Mar 2023, 14:42

Hi,

Have you considered inverted plant roots?

Just dig up your least favourite plant, remove the earth, allow to dry and trim as required.

I have seen this used to very good effect especially as winter specimens.

Best wishes ,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Bessiere on 23 Mar 2023, 17:03

What a great idea Mr. D. I need to clear some garden space so I will be examining which plants look to be candidates.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 23 Mar 2023, 22:00

Nice update Gunnar! :thumbup: (I'm pleased that you don't use tape on the toilet! :mrgreen: )

Nice tip Chris! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 24 Mar 2023, 09:03

C M Dodson wrote:Hi,

Have you considered inverted plant roots?

Just dig up your least favourite plant, remove the earth, allow to dry and trim as required.

I have seen this used to very good effect especially as winter specimens.

Best wishes ,

Chris

Many years ago I saw a really really nice scene here on the forum where a member (don't remember who) had used a root as a tree. I have searched for good-looking roots since then, but not having total access to a garden have been a slight problem. Well, I have used mother-in-law's, but nothing that looked right. But I continue looking. And digging! :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress