General

How expensive is it to become a 1/72 plastic figureproducer.

Posted by Shaun on 06 Nov 2011, 11:12

How expensive or hard is it to become a 1/72 producer and how much does it cost in plastic. If any of you are in the know, id be very interested in knowing. Pegasus hobbies miniatures i think are produced in China yet have the best sculpting and scale ive seen yet they dont produce much sets, is plastic figures making very expensive, unsustainable or just plain time consuming?.
Shaun  Australia

Posted by Taipeh on 06 Nov 2011, 12:11

Hi ,
yes plastic figure producing is expensiv. Also in China. The cost per pack in China is not great, but you have allways to problem of the minimum order.
You will be happy when the minimum is 2000 sets.
Cheaper is production in resin, but breakable. The costs for the sculpterer is always the same.

If you are interested send me PN - I could give you the contacts to a Chinese Company which produce in order plastic figures.

Ciao Michael
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by Shaun on 06 Nov 2011, 12:43

Hi Taipeh

I wish i had the kind of money to do it myself, i need a serious income or so im told, but its always good to have a goal in place. Thanks for the info though, ill take up your offer for the contacts though maybe in the future i could use it. Ive been a bit down on all the doom and gloom would love to take control and produce what i want, how i want, it might be just idle talk but still its something to aspire too.
Shaun  Australia

Return to General