General

the little house

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Feb 2017, 17:33

Recently seeing the clear light of day again.
Miss Peggity Pollywhat`s House.

An interesting scratch build of yesteryear and only the one of its kind.

I owed you all much better pictures this time around. BB
:-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 27 Feb 2017, 21:09

Isn't this the house of Mrs Bucket, sorry Bouquet? :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Feb 2017, 22:31

No she was a self appointed snob Peter ,
and this little house has a straw roof easier seen by those who have eyes and heart for it to look,
and so is one in which Mrs Bouquet would turn here nose up at. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 28 Feb 2017, 08:49

I think it looks quite big!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Feb 2017, 17:56

The name of the builder of the actual house it being originally of large timber frame construction,has been lost in the annals of time itself,but there was reference made to the house in the days of Henry knocking down monasteries in England. It was in 1543 that King Henry being numbered the 8th made mention of the monks from Anglesey Abby hiding there. He further boasted that," They all wanted to go to Heaven, but were in no great hurry to get there."
They went anyway according to Henry.

Ages passed by_____ and it was in 1759 that the, `said Property & Deeds thereof were handed over to Mr Johnathan Bagley Pollywhat, for Renduring Good Service to The Crown. The Deeds for the House at Honey Well,also included those for outlaying buildings, and 30 acres of meadow land at Old Catton,and 15 acres of woodland name of Fiddle Wood,with The Gurney Steam passing through it . All duly recorded in Norwich on the 8/1/1759 .

The extension of rendered brick with its gable end dormer window,and roof with new double chimney was added that year 1759. Mr Johnathan Bagley Pollywhat and Mrs Belinda Catherine Pollywhat, moved in in 1760,and soon after a child was born and the date and name recorded in the family Bible,being on 2/2/1760 a Girlchild Peggity Belinda Pollywhat.

Time passes for Peggity.

It was in 1815 that a new lean to with doorway and pathway were built and put into place by four young men,they being billeted there for a little over 2 months in that year. Miss Peggity Pollywhat,was very cheerfully glad to have another access to her flower garden. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 28 Feb 2017, 18:35

I like it a lot Paul but I shouldn't show it to my girlfriend. She would want me to build one for her :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Mar 2017, 01:21

I understand your fears Dalibor, as Mrs B,upon seeing it has somewhat fallen in love with it again and in true ornamental fashion wants it on permanent display downstairs. I on the other hand want it in the place it was designed for,` Honey Well.' The oddest thing is it came into being many years before that town layout fell upon that sprawling table top of ongoing works. Perhaps in hind sight I will place it back upon that old wooden wardrobe top for the time being so my Mrs B,can forget all about it again. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Cryns on 01 Mar 2017, 10:46

Very nice house, the most beautiful by your hand I have seen until now.
Well done BB!

The decorative 'wild nature style' garden looks very 20th century.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Mar 2017, 15:47

Mr.Cryns,It was the birth place of boy (1949) named of John,who would go forward in life as The Mysterious Clock Maker. It was he that built and developed a time machine!____________
An unpublished storybook written by myself. Tick - Tock - Tick! ;-) BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Mar 2017, 10:58

Everything I scratch-build is used as a prop,and the inter-woven story book tales concerning them are as important as any element that went into making them.If you are perhaps new to my works, in time you might get used to the way I present my hobby stuff style.

Yes Mr Cryns,it is a beautiful interesting house that has had many moving shadows of those who built it up,spread it out,and more importantly families that lived there in the future and the past. To spread further light upon the straw roof, it came about many years ago that a certain crazy guy that always wore a well worn large check jacket cut up sections of plastic straws, and after slicing them in half`s he affixed them row upon row with a magic mixture of Plaster,Water ,White Glue and Soap.Yes each one was affixed with a well satisfied smiling eye.

I it is flickering fire light, giving out its warm friendly glow of home.

Above it was a house of many angles, and these angles put into special place protected all who stayed and lived there especially The School Teacher Miss Peggity Pollywhat ,who spent out her entire life there surrounded by the sweet meadowland ,the horses and the friendly waving tree`s of a tiny place named Fiddle Wood. As for the period look of the sponge garden beneath it lays a hidden secret ,but that is a story for another time. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 09 Jan 2018, 15:08

https://steponejust4fun.blogspot.co.uk/ ... itten.html

If there is further interest the Link above to my blog, reveals how the first written story of this place and a certain person came into literary being. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Graeme on 12 Jan 2018, 14:37

A wonderful house and a wonderful story on the blog to go with it. You caught me out with the straw roof, I wondered what on earth you were talking about but I see it now.

It looks like the kind of old house that has grown organically over time. Perhaps it sprouted from the very ground it's standing on just like the gardens.

I have Quartermaster General De Lancey on my painting table at the moment. When he's finished I'm sure he'd be happy to billet some troops there. (actually I'd book it for a weeks holiday myself if I thought I'd fit :-D )

One thing is certain, it doesn't belong on top of a dusty wardrobe.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Jan 2018, 02:14

Hi Graeme,
Many thanks for viewing the story on my Blog,and commenting here too.
I`m glad you finally realised that the roof was made of plastic drinking straws and plaster.
That always gains a few bright beaming smiles.

Take care everyone there`s lots of Flue about this year.
I must ride mine out like Lucky Luke on Jolly Jumper.BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to General