General

Medieval Army On March 1/72 Hat

Posted by Paul on 20 Nov 2015, 10:15

Paul  China

Posted by MABO on 20 Nov 2015, 11:20

Paul wrote:HaT? :eh: Are they sure about that?
http://www.megahobby.com/medievalarmyon ... 72hat.aspx

I think you know, Paul, this is the first test set from Valdemar. So it is wrong, I am sure. And actually HäT is dead.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 20 Nov 2015, 11:28

MABO wrote: And actually HäT is dead.

What do you mean by that Jan?
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Paul on 20 Nov 2015, 14:07

MABO wrote:I think you know, Paul, this is the first test set from Valdemar.

I know it´s at least not from HaT and not 100% the plastic valdemar Medieval army on the march.
The horse and rider are different, the one Holding the horse isn´t in the set and some of the weapons are not from the set.
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/review.aspx?id=1225
Paul  China

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Nov 2015, 14:19

One of them reminds me of a Strelets-figure. Could it be a mix of makers ....
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Peter on 20 Nov 2015, 14:35

Kekso wrote:
What do you mean by that Jan?

Their homepage didn't move for months and their Everything Toy Soldier page hasn't update since the beginning of the year! :(
Looks like only the forum is alive. :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Nov 2015, 15:48

Sounds real bad then.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 20 Nov 2015, 17:00

Peter wrote:Their homepage didn't move for months and their Everything Toy Soldier page hasn't update since the beginning of the year! :(
Looks like only the forum is alive. :eh:

That is what I mean with my lyric phrase. ;-)
MABO  Europe

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 21 Nov 2015, 13:53

I own this set for over 10 years. It was distributed by Kamar-Zinnfiguren (Andreas Brüggemann) under their own label. These are Pewter Figures. The figs on the box cover were masterly painted for a competition. (perhaps Ingolstadt). So I was a bit disappointed when I saw the figs in real life. They are good, but I´ve expected more when I saw the box art. I didn´t found the set in their actual online-shop. But perhaps it is still available.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by steve_pickstock on 26 Nov 2015, 08:16

Hat is not dead.

Recently I swapped emails with Hat and he told me they were concentrating on re-stocks at the moment. Part of the problem is the size of their range and trying to keep it all in stock.

When I asked about the Sassanids (my own personal favourites at the moment) he said they were releasing stuff for them soon, couldn't give a specific date - it happens when it happens. And he also said that they have enough masters to keep them producing figures for a couple of years - so it may be quiet but they aren't dead, not by a long shot.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by MABO on 28 Nov 2015, 13:30

That is right, for sure, steve. But I was wondering why he did not change anything on the website since nearly a year? If HäT restocks, Harris could tell us which sets. He only posts three since a quiet long time. That's what I mean.
MABO  Europe

Posted by steve_pickstock on 28 Nov 2015, 16:57

It's his website, he can do what he wants with it. However I do know that there have been health issues, as well as running a business spread across 3 continents and several languages. Contrary to poular belief Hat is not a huge company in terms of man-power and a lot of work is sub-contracted out so when you take it all together something has to go - and if that means updating the web-site or callapsing over a keyboard then I know what I would do.

But seriously if a quiet website means that a company is dead then most of our beloved toy soldier world is DOA. People post when they have something to say but that doesn't mean there's nothing happening behind the scenes. Some of the forum guys have been trying to encourage people with pictures to host them on something like image shack and the like and link in their forum posts. But it looks like a lot of people would prefer that to be done by someone else, and just send their pictures in. But of they can do that here, why - if they want to share pictures of Hat figures can they not do it elsewhere?

We were spoiled by the amount of information that used to be posted, which was way more than any other company on the scene. So now that information flow has fallen to a more sustainable level, at least the company is still there.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by MABO on 29 Nov 2015, 00:40

Yes, of course, you are right again, Steve. He can do what he wants. And I do also know that he is running the company nearly alone. And it is important to point out that I really like the HäT sets. But in former times there have been a lot more postings on the ETS-page and so on. That is what I mean. And he can also use the list of restocks as an advice for the customers. I can imagine there are a lot out there who are waiting for a special set that is back on the market (so do I)

So I really hope that some of their annonced sets will be available soon.
MABO  Europe

Posted by bilsonius on 01 Dec 2015, 22:33

Back around the beginning of the year I tried suggesting on the HaT forum that it might be possible to have Everything Toy Soldiers run remotely online by volunteers - after of course suitable auditioning and vetting. Unfortunately a couple of the usual morons started shooting their mouths off over something quite irrelevant, and the thread was taken down. :(
bilsonius  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 02 Dec 2015, 09:02

Yeah, they can do whatever they want but neglecting their website isn't smart marketing move.
Even smaller companies do their promotion and that can be seen on this forum too.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Paul on 05 Mar 2016, 13:49

T. Dürrschmidt wrote:I own this set for over 10 years. It was distributed by Kamar-Zinnfiguren (Andreas Brüggemann) under their own label. These are Pewter Figures. The figs on the box cover were masterly painted for a competition. (perhaps Ingolstadt). So I was a bit disappointed when I saw the figs in real life. They are good, but I´ve expected more when I saw the box art. I didn´t found the set in their actual online-shop. But perhaps it is still available.

Bingo Thomas :yeah:

http://www.fuhrmann-figuren.de/sammlerv ... ma_004.htm
Paul  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to General