General

Pirate Ship a 3 D Puzzel

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Aug 2015, 23:15

Another Oddity ,from Me Guys.

£7.99 on Amazon Now,but it is not a flat bottomed ship.
Someones bound to mention other 3D ships so I placed this one above as way of illustration.

My little ship,above bought for £3,99,and as you can see it is flat bottomed. Flat good for war gaming maybe?

The Grandchildren came for a visit,so just for fun I finally got the old ship out of its tattered box,and started to push out the pieces from the card. Kids are not into puzzels these days,so really there was little interest. I`m not into puzzels either. Well being colourblind I cannot do them. A Ship is altogether a different thing,and easy peasy. This little ship s hull is 6 inches,but the total length is 10 inches. That is not including the front mast. At its widest point the deck is just under 4 inches. It is just a simple slot in puzzle. The masts and sails are usless so I gave up on them. Well I piled in some odd 1/72 figures just to give you an idea of Her Size.

She is a Three Master,but a Two Master in this scale would suit Her best.
Looking at the ship,could She have potential in the hobby? Well certainly with conversions. A Big Plus is She is flat bottomed,and one could not say that of most Ladies. The construction is sound,but has square bits,however with modification these could be rounded off so as to curve the card,thus giving Her a touch of class. Such would make for a solid sturdy craft that would take the rigours of ruff handling too.

Of course this little ship will stay as it is,just a puzzle and as such of no real use. I am these days very busy and lazy too. So if anyone else was wanting to do the conversion it would have to be made to the parts that make this craft up. I`ve Used the card left after I pressed out all the pieces as a simple Template and sort of scribbled each outline out on paper.

Below are Her pieces that can be enlarged and converted in order to double Her size, giving plenty of room for a few Guns, and crew. Making Her a Pretty Dam Smart Gun Platform.

Above is the main Hull,and it simply folds up to help form a box. Everything whatever the shape might be, that has a back ,front , sides ,bottom and top is a box.

Not much to Her really is there? Nine pieces make up hull and decking area`s. I only included one sail outline on the paper.
She could simply stay as She is,but wooden Dowels for Masts,and paper for sails would be best. Nothing to fancy for Her Rigging either after all She is just another Toy. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ben90 on 08 Aug 2015, 01:02

Very original idea! I hope it works!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Return to General