Modelling

Munitions Train

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Oct 2015, 22:44

Time to take my Morphine tabs,with a Cup of Rosey-lea. Painful day today,very true,but one in which i got to play the game again.________STICKING UP!

A few guns loaded.

As i began to type this the Wise Owl can be heard in the dark Woods,just over our overgrown fence.
A sound of dead on Nine O` Clock that I will never tire of. It will be hunting come 15 minutes past.
The clocks go back in UK tonight so he might be early tomorrow. I have little doubt that we will hear how it turns out.

The Anti-aircraft Guns are finished and the other artillery too. However there are no gun crews serving the anti-aircraft guns which is not good. There are plenty for the other guns ,and even two machine-gunners but the odd thing was no belt of ammo feeding the guns,________so i cut two tiny round pieces off the sprure and stuck them onto the side of the guns. So they look OK to me now with this ammo drum, magizine attatched. :read: " That`s another Tip! BB."____________ "Well one of sorts i supose BW"

See Ya,later friends. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 Oct 2015, 04:43

I managed to buy a few of these at a third of the cost. These will replace the 1/72 scale Panzer IV,that are far too big for the rails. I`ll fudge out another five Well Bogies from my railway stash that these will fit snug upon. Plans are also in motion to do a few British Trains too,which will also be 1/76 scale. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Oct 2015, 16:47

Another Job to do.
2nd From the top.The metal box section at the back of the turret on the AIRFIX TIGER TANK KIT needs making.

A simple impression was taken from one Tank that has the metal box.

The Greenstuff will be pressed into the mould,and later trimmed to size,and then stuck in place. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Nov 2015, 06:05

The stowage box was successful, and all are now fixed in place.

I`ve been looking at the price of several makers of German Trucks,and most are way to pricey for this topic. I`m wanting two trucks for under £10.00

£6.74 A little over my budget but with a gun it seems a reasonable price.

Affordable Trucks two for £8.99. These will form a welcome contrast with all the other stuff and complete models needed for this topic. So onwards now of gluing up on the assembly line. Once all kits are complete___________________________ the painting starts. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Nov 2015, 19:58

Tiger Tanks with a big difference are racing across my gluing up table.
:shock: "What big difference BB?"___ :read: "Don`t worry so.They will figure it out."
__ :cowboy: "Well i Can`t!" ___________________ :-D See Yah! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Nov 2015, 11:55

With lots of tanks now rolling in,i have been toying with the idea of having later three scales upon my layout table at one time. To create through line of sight an illusion of a greater distance than there actually is.

Above the first three ranks are 1/72 scale tanks. Beyond them are three further ranks of 1/76 scale tanks and armoured cars that looking normal add distance to this two foot long table. To increase the illusion of depth even more i intend to purchase 15mm tanks and armoured cars. So a third rank can be added ,and this will continue to draw the eyes even further into the flat picture by the use of the cameras line of sight. Like drawing a picture where things up close are rather large but as the picture is developed by the artist the things beyond get smaller and smaller fooling the eye and mind into accepting depth even though the illusion has been worked out on a flat surface. Of course the width of the table i will use is much wider than two foot. A five foot wide table will be ideal with what i have in mind,and i already have that. The build up of most of the Allied tanks of differing shapes and sizes is increasing steadily although none have been built yet. It will take me another month to fix e`m all together,and the painting a wonderful thing ,i am not looking forward too at all,will begin.Although I know it will be fun once i get into the swing of things. I hope some might find my idea interesting. As for the stuff for the trains they will be finished soon,and the British and Allied Armour in good time will go onto the rails too. Buildings can be gradually down sized to,to set many a scene. Sorry no 6mm scale will be added. :-D See Ya Soon. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Nov 2015, 00:49

The work is still ongoing and I`ve been working most part of the day assembling the Panzer IV`s
I decided to leave the front wheel of these Tanks off at this stage.

This will make it easier to fix the rubber track in place. It`s a very tight space between the fender and the front wheel. So I intend to loop the track over the wheel and holding it in place push the wheel onto its peg, and then position the track over and under the rest of the wheels.

Look`s blue.

B&W. OK! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Nov 2015, 05:05

My idea on how to use the front wheel paid off.

The job was so easy to do.

Above some of the Zvezda trucks in the background. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 18 Nov 2015, 10:01

Are you showing this models on what we call here a "sjoelbak"? :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Nov 2015, 13:32

Sjoelbak :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Now theres a thought. Only when my Monty Hat ,and my Field Marshals Baton arrive. Mrs B could be The Desert Fox.
:read: " Don`t be silly BB, just wear your German Pickle Helmet,and Mrs B,is far to busy!"
____ "Thanks Book Worm.I forgot all about that WWI Helmet."
___ :cowboy: " Rember BB,you were baned from wearing that thing in the house,because every time you jumped up and down on to much medication,Singing Men of Harlech! The darn thing stuck into the ceiling!"___ My, O` My. I`d forgotten about that. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 18 Nov 2015, 15:26

Sjoelbak =

;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 18 Nov 2015, 21:44

with 4 "tunnels" at the end Peter :P

Cool project Paul, yesterday I did watch the youtube video's.
Now I know what kind of sound you make :P
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Nov 2015, 13:21

Looks like an interesting game.
Younger ones would have no clue how to play it. There are no Buttons to Press! :shock:

I had it in my mind that SJOELBAK involved moving stuff with a long stick.
Very much like the War-room Tables of WWII.Like for instance,"500 plus bandits heading for Dover." :shock: "Opp`s! We best scramble No` 3 Squadron to intercept ." `BATTLE OF BRITAIN!` __________
Ace Pilot Ned Beano jumps into his re-armed Rattled Spitfire.
A certain something that at startup clattered,banged,and clanged it`s way down the runway.____
( :-D An Excerpt from CHOCK`s AWAY by Beano Boy.)

Ah! Yes,Remco,my Distinctive Norwich Accent,`On You Tube.`
Hopefully heard as an Intonation of Soft Ancient Saxon Song

Thanks for commenting Guys. :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Nov 2015, 23:46

Hi Guys,I made a couple of 1/72 scale German Trucks up from PEGASUS.
All have the window sections cut out.Invisible Glass,i don`t have to paint. :thumbup:

Below showing detail underneath,and i thought a good enough toy to display a knocked out truck on a base.

As you can see two to a box,and simple to make.Well if i can fumble my way through constructing them in less than 5 minutes than anyone can. The only things that need gluing are the Steering Wheel and the Driver,and the two sets of back wheels. I highly Recommend this Kit! :thumbup:

Ideas have to be expanded upon so above shows a couple of test shots. With a keen eye you might even see a glimmer of defending British Napoleonic Infantry through the window. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Nov 2015, 17:58

I just had a slight mishap with many of the clip together kits I made up. So a little piece of friendly advice. :-D OK?
I had quite a few kits glued and then clipped up.
This I highly recommend others to do who are thinking of buying these often Brill tiny kits. :thumbup:

This is True________It Just Happend

:read: " It sure is,he he!"___ :cowboy: "That`s right Paeds!"

Now I am not a very good stacker of empty boxes and I had quite a few that resembled a weird sort Tower of Pisa on my little work table. Weird tower yes indeed for each time I rocked the table just a little,the tower began to lean, and to twist first one way ,and then the other.
Of course i`d place an eye upon it and readjust it making it lean up instead of down. So now to the point of this comment.____ I moved.____The table moved.____ As did poor pisa . :shock: "Opp`s!"
It came crashing down. Five ,six,eight ,10 boxes and more with me trying to catch juggle them.
Now it must be said that juggling is a wonderful thing I cannot do. :joker: "VeryTrue!"
So Crash! The 1/72,boxes came down followed by the 1/76,and lots of 1/100 scale boxes too.
Well you might think no harm done. Wrong the boxes landed onto another larger box containing,yes completed kits. :shock: "GULP!"
Down crashed the tower.Up went the box in way of a catapult release. Up went the tanks,and lorries,and armoured cars,and soon after gaining the power of considerable flight ,they all came a tumbling down.
Now here within the Beano home we have solid stone floors. Upon hitting such an abrupt end that gravity dictates,the clip together kits spring loaded and without any glue placed upon them exploded like cluster bombs do in mid-air._____Crash!Ping!,Ping!Ping! Everywhere!
Gathering all the pieces together I could see no actual damage to any parts so I can fix wheels, and other stuff in place easily. No damage occurred to the glued up ones so no harm done at all.
Although Bella our dog ,a right little Musky, chewed up one of the Lorry Drivers. :shock: "Opp`s!"
A very small price to pay for one of my antics.

I had this picture in my mind of a very sore loser,on the war-gaming table, thumpinp the table which then resulted in all his clip together models exploding in a highly similar fashion.

If anyone is interested I could show on tutorials how to build that leaning tower of boxes. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 23 Nov 2015, 21:30

I'm always in for some action pictures! Didn't Mrs BB filmed the whole disaster? Or was it slapstick? :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Nov 2015, 07:00

Mrs B,was out in the City,getting rather expensive Spec`s.
As for my mishap,I swear as time goes by,i get worse,but life is hectic true at times but extremely fun. If it were otherwise ,I could never write of it in the way i do. :thumbup: See Ya.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 May 2016, 04:32

Well I have run three trains carrying German Armour, after replacing completely all the three railway tracks in the Honey Well Room. Over 115 meters laid with the help of Mrs B.
The actual town itself sits upon shelving and looks well stacked up.
I will post a couple of pictures here of the trains. It must be mentioned I never did paint the things.I remember Mrs B,asking " Paul,why all the 2nd World War stuff?"________________" I want to run it on the layout."i replied. I don`t think she thought me serious,but three days ago those trains ran. A lot noisy, a little late,true,but trains are like that are they not? BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 May 2016, 18:19

:read: " It all started with a snore! "

There are times when even the smallest of toy figures can find within them courage enough to make their sacrifice count. Somehow the England of 1942 has been invaded and the jam packed rail system of Honey Well is bearing the brunt of it. First the heaviest bombing ever has totally destroyed the little town,not one house,factory or shop has been left standing. All that remains is the old Victorian Station built in 1861, which was not a target. The Railway is important and now overrun with heavy German tanks, those figures that survived are still in the Station and are witness to heavy fighting as the local Home Guard defence blow up one of the trains.

The Reason Why this had to be?

The Germans are pouring heavy stuff along the line.

O the wonder of blu tac

Passing the Station there are no cheers or flag waving. Just a look of caustic scorn.

Heavy Cranes are being hauled too.

Assault Guns

There are three railway lines vital to the Germans they must move up armour enough to crush the last remains of Britains war machine. The Royal Airforce is down to one Tiger Moth, and a flare-gun, but alass no pilot.

Winston`s secret army members now go into action they meet at BB`s medieval tower,with the last remaining Local Home Guard Defence old and young alike and take command. The Railway must be sabotaged at any cost.

(Trains derail so I used them)

A small charge is laid,and The Home Guard blow up their selected target,and the train derails. These tanks are going nowhere soon. That toy sticking to his gun, will receive the iron cross.

Using a Sledge Hammer to crack a walnut,the Germans react sending heavy tanks across the tracks. it`s every toy saboteur young or old alike to scarper,and whoosh they do.

Meanwhile as one of Fred`s spies, spy`s an eye upon this unfolding theme.

Below In a captured truck,the last shell of the heavy Russian Gun,is shoved in,and KA-Pow! Another train goes up in a flash. Chalk this one up for the local Vicer,who is a member of Winston`s Secret Army. He`s off a running too.

One train ascapes through the tunnel,but has to come around again. Perhaps those two French Spies might blow it up. Or just take a ride.

I will rebuild Honey Well,when I wake up.
Well this has been just the oddest dream. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 06 May 2016, 19:10

After the movie with running trains, now a whole story with resistants defending thier homeland! Great work Paul! :thumbup:
Nice amount of boxes on those shelfs! You still have to do a lot of work! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous pageNext page

Return to Modelling