Modelling Materials

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Apr 2015, 02:43

My Quirky Shopping List for making Patterns and Moulds & for Casting Up

Air Drying Clay Powder. For Pattern Making

For Making Moulds

Silicone & Cornflour Mixed = Rubber for Making Moulds

Milk & Vinegar mixed = CASEIN = Rock Hard Plastic for Bases. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Apr 2015, 15:23

Wow! The Air Drying Clay Powder,delivered within 3 days. So I highly recommend this Seller, and fully intend to trade with them again.I have lots of plans for this stuff. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 14 Apr 2015, 15:40

Silicone and cornflour? Now I'm curious how it works...
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Apr 2015, 22:13

More items on the Modelling Material List. Baby Oil & cheap Acrylic Paint any colour of choice will do.
Dalibor I will show how to do it later. I would like to mention before I receive e-mails that I am not advocating copying anyones work,just that I will be making my own patterns and moulds for casting up. These adventures will be posted on W I P or Tutorials,and if they go wrong and stuff exsplodes they might end up on Sci-Fy!

Ready made rubber kits are very expensive to buy £ 12.50 for 550 g kit. So compared to that,making my own up is very cheap indeed. Anyway I love to get messy,and save money. l BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 May 2015, 05:05

Two more for the List

Plaster of Paris

Baby Powder

Reusable Mould making is ongoing at this present time using stuff on my List. All Quite different from other stuff of mine already seen. Although out of my comfit zone,I hope to show results soon on another new Topic. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 29 Oct 2015, 07:43

I`ll try anything once in order to get a good cheap result. I had thought to use dried rice. The rice pudding kind. Then i thought of using split peas,but soon dismissed these two as not being fit for purpose.

Rather unusual i know,but by way of an experiment in design i have begun to use it.
If i can use dried Spaghetti to make Greek Columns,than surely I can use this stuff for something that has been a puzzlement to me for years on just how to do it,and get a good result.
:read: "A Mystery BB ?"_____________ :cowboy: "A Mystery ?"
_____ " Well sort of.If it works it will be a Cool piece of work. :thumbup: If it fails a darn good hot one." _____ :shock: "I don`t do failure BB"___ "Well i do.Constantly." :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Nov 2015, 00:32

The Chillies :Cobble Stones! Test Sample Proved____________________A success! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Jul 2017, 01:48

While the massive real ones outside in the gardens wave upon the pleasant breeze I thought to look up this old topic of mine,and activate it again.

So here on view are modelling materials a plenty of Wire & Silk Ferns £1.06 each.

I bought 10 of these for a jungle use so lots upon lots of Tree`s to make at a later date.
So that will certainly be great fun. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Jul 2017, 14:11

Bought for the purpose of cutting each sprig off in order to form into smaller tree ferns and tiny ground cover ferns. All for £2.52.

Stacks of jungle stuff ideal for bases all for £1.69. All items Free Post from China. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Jul 2017, 21:12

More a tool to work with, but I`m sure it fits in here.
I bought two. I sure cannot make them this cheap.
Each one at £3.66 UK Stirling with free post from the Far East.

To aid building work along the raised canal, and on the Honey Well layout, Chocolate Moulds from China. These will help me produce stone work for footings and walls, and help raise my overdue ancient temples. All their castings I will be dipping in wash real soon. So i hope to show you guys what I`ve working on this last three months past. I reckon 400 blocks a day is possible. Cut into two 800. It soon mounts up and that is only 10 minutes work taking out castings,mixing and pouring in every hour until eventual success.
:mrgreen: "A production line!"_ :sst: " with a real purpose."__ :-D To keep me busy. Keep smiling. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jul 2017, 13:14

A NICE TIDY BOX

I guess many would remember making forts & castles or even boats out of cardboard boxes as a child. Further new heights can be achieved, because many styles of pan tile roofs can easily be made from using this stuff that arrives mostly free from mail deliveries. Even loop over Spanish and Italian type roofing. Plus simple moulds can then be made from these and cast up saving time on roofing projects.

Plumbers Hemp for roofing projects.

Good results can as you see be achieved. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by sansovino on 28 Jul 2017, 15:53

I like your tutorials which are offering always good informations. I am especially curious about your presented plants. Do you have a link where the plants - the green jungle - can be ordered?
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jul 2017, 17:37

Well the recent Ferns were bought on E Bay and paid by way of my PayPal Account.
My tutorials, can take a certain sizable chunk out of my day, so sansovino, I am glad you like the information concerned.

Jungle Construction can be very small or very large. Game Players require small individual bases so figures can be placed and more importantly seen. Whereas others might like larger sized chunks of planting.

Plant matting designed for large Fish Tank use, is very good and cheap to buy and gives hundreds of individual plants. I certainly now have a good mixture of plastic and silk-like plants for a 5 foot set up fantasy jungle. A two and half wide set built for photo & film work ,and of course not a permanent feature. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Oct 2017, 01:34

I Bought a few bundles to help aid more scratch-building projects during the remainder of this year.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 22 Oct 2017, 10:38

One can never have too much balsa in stock :-D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Oct 2017, 12:26

I have not used Balsa wood since my school days of 1961.
So it will be most interesting working with it, I hope. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Oct 2017, 00:54

Added to My Stash
Hot Glue Sticks!

Makings for a self style of artistic education. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FredG on 25 Oct 2017, 16:07

Beano Boy wrote:I have not used Balsa wood since my school days of 1961.
So it will be most interesting working with it, I hope. BB

Pah! I only got to use hard wood back then. I've used balsa since though :P
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 25 Oct 2017, 19:18

Fred G,you were lucky.

The Tale of

OLD FERNEY

I was later expelled from the Wood Work Class,and shoved into the Metal Work Class at school by a spiteful aggressive and rather wicked teacher. He thought nothing of knuckling a fist to a small boys head as he passed by. I had, had a few blows myself,as others in class did,and for doing nothing wrong at all.

I saw him many years later on Norwich Market place,and calmly reminded him of that awful bad day,but rubbing the salt in further,i made mention that, that one act on his part pushed me into the world of Engineering where I made a mint of money solving work related isues on M.O.D contracts.
It is very odd how things good or bad can point you into certain areas of society.

As he left the scene head down carrying cabbage leaves home for his rabbits I cursed that monster under my breath. He was the worst individual I ever had the misfortune of having to endure.
As I stood there in my army fatigues watching him go upon his way he turned to look back,and I raised my arm and gave him the thumbs down with my hand. I believe he got my point. I never saw him again,and I bet he ate those poor Rabbits. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FredG on 25 Oct 2017, 21:24

Oh yes! There are a few of my teachers who wouldn't last 5 minutes in the job these days.

As for the rabbits, they must share the blame because they taste so good.
FredG  United Kingdom

Next page

Return to Modelling