Modelling

ruins, walls ....

Posted by igor13 on 21 Dec 2014, 22:22

Hello friends, i have started building diorama of Stalingrad battle, i have made some ruins, but need help in original look of inside walls, burned wallpapers, interior , everything that can help, everyone who knows links, topics , anything that have connection with it ,waiting for your replies, thanks
igor13  Serbia & Montenegro

Posted by mickey mouse on 22 Dec 2014, 10:00

Try to get the ruin of miniart

Or use a factory, as it is more easy to recreate that
mickey mouse  Netherlands
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by igor13 on 22 Dec 2014, 11:21

Thanks mickey mouse, but i made my ruins, here are some pictures, but i need help in decorating them

Posted by Peter on 22 Dec 2014, 14:07

Here you can find things that can be used: http://www.unicornmodels.be/shop/index. ... anguage=en ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Dec 2014, 16:55

igor13,I always advise people when they wish to find something out about something to just Google, Pictures of whatever it is......and that's a good way to find in a few seconds what you want. In this your question and asked for help I Googled ,"Pictures of bombed out buildings Stalingrad ." As you see no pictures of wallpaper can be seen,and I trolled though pages upon pages of old photo`s. Rendered up painted walls were the normal thing way back then. You can always look at say 1920`s style dolls house wallpaper,which gives more scope in finding stuff,like patterns. My advice is however keep it simple with lots of rubble. Buying kits is expensive, rubble is easy to make and free. Have Fun BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by igor13 on 22 Dec 2014, 17:46

Beano Boy wrote:Image

igor13,I always advise people when they wish to find something out about something to just Google, Pictures of whatever it is......and that's a good way to find in a few seconds what you want. In this your question and asked for help I Googled ,"Pictures of bombed out buildings Stalingrad ." As you see no pictures of wallpaper can be seen,and I trolled though pages upon pages of old photo`s. Rendered up painted walls were the normal thing way back then. You can always look at say 1920`s style dolls house wallpaper,which gives more scope in finding stuff,like patterns. My advice is however keep it simple with lots of rubble. Buying kits is expensive, rubble is easy to make and free. Have Fun BB

thanks, but my question was how to make real look, thanks for photos, but i have hundreds of them, i have wallpapers, but i need method how to make them real, after building crash, on parts where they are still on walls

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by mickey mouse on 22 Dec 2014, 18:25

You can drybrush it in different colors and use washes for it. There are multiple ways to do it, jusat have a look at tutorials to see if you can use something. ;-)
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by Ochoin on 28 Feb 2015, 09:38

Glue or paint whatever you like on the interior of the ruined walls.

Then drink a bottle of wine (optional) & burn the end of the cork.

Use the cork to create scorch marks on the interiors. It works well.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Return to Modelling