Visited Events

Munster 2010

Posted by je_touche on 25 May 2010, 21:53

The Observer wrote:Inspiration is much more better than provocation-and often more helpful too! :-D

Go ahead. Inspire us.
je_touche  

Posted by The Observer on 25 May 2010, 21:57

je_touche wrote:
The Observer wrote:Inspiration is much more better than provocation-and often more helpful too! :-D

Go ahead. Inspire us.

I haven´t thrown my hat in the ring first...or? :mrgreen:
The Observer  

Posted by je_touche on 25 May 2010, 22:03

I did not throw any hat since I don't possess one.

But you have to throw a gauntlet right into peoples' faces sometimes to wake them up. That can be very inspiring, indeed. :mrgreen:
je_touche  

Posted by The Observer on 25 May 2010, 22:06

je_touche wrote:I did not throw any hat since I don't possess one.

But you have to throw a gauntlet right into peoples' faces sometimes to wake them up. That can be very inspiring, indeed. :mrgreen:

Yes i agree-sometimes people have to be woke up! :thumbup:
But directly a whole gauntlet? That could sometimes be misunderstood-and sometimes could also be thrown back ;-)
The Observer  

Posted by je_touche on 25 May 2010, 22:18

Changing one's post after getting an answer in order to get the upper hand is not exactly fair play.

But to be more precise, when talking about WWII I mean the historical subject matter as such, first of all, and this, I find highly interesting. Alas, when seeing it depicted in the usual way - a tank of sorts in front of a house ruin of sorts in 90 percent of all WWII dioramas - I find this neither interesting nor inspiring though. That's what I mean, and obviously there are others who agree with me.

I have seen a lot of breathtaking dios showing scenes from WWII in different scales, easy to find samples on the net and take inspiration from them. As to my own work, I have never done WWII so far. Keep coming back to this place, maybe you will be surprised one day.
je_touche  

Posted by The Observer on 25 May 2010, 22:30

je_touche wrote:Changing one's post after getting an answer in order to get the upper hand is not exactly fair play.

But to be more precise, when talking about WWII I mean the historical subject matter as such, first of all, and this, I find highly interesting. Alas, when seeing it depicted in the usual way - a tank of sorts in front of a house ruin of sorts in 90 percent of all WWII dioramas - I find this neither interesting nor inspiring though. That's what I mean, and obviously there are others who agree with me.

I have seen a lot of breathtaking dios showing scenes from WWII in different scales, easy to find samples on the net and take inspiration from them. As to my own work, I have never done WWII so far. Keep coming back to this place, maybe you will be surprised one day.

I edited my writing obviously while you are already writing your reply-so no kind of "getting the upper hand" or failing "fair play" -as i am not in a duel with you-just a conversation.
I appreciate your words,as i found them very open and honest ! :thumbup:

Also i think we both like the "unusual" diorama-even if sometimes there must be place for all the other stuff covering every period-even if that means.....bricks,ruined buildings and tanks :roll: ;-)
So let s join hands-i understand and accept what you meant - and i think i showed you my opinion :thumbup:
The Observer  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by je_touche on 25 May 2010, 22:32

The Observer wrote:Also i think we both like the "unusual" diorama-even if sometimes there must be place for all the other stuff covering every period-even if that means.....bricks,ruined buildings and tanks :roll: ;-)
So let s join hands-i understand and accept what you meant :thumbup: [/i]

Agreed! :thumbup:
je_touche  

Posted by The Observer on 25 May 2010, 22:35

je_touche wrote:
The Observer wrote:Also i think we both like the "unusual" diorama-even if sometimes there must be place for all the other stuff covering every period-even if that means.....bricks,ruined buildings and tanks :roll: ;-)
So let s join hands-i understand and accept what you meant :thumbup: [/i]

Agreed! :thumbup:

Agreed ! :thumbup: :love1: :thumbup:
The Observer  

Posted by Chris on 26 May 2010, 09:01

Funny coincidence, there was last week-end at the same time an exhibition/exposition at Saumur in the tankmuseum!! Instead of 1/6 tank, we've seen real ones moving (B1bis, FCM36, PzII, T34/85, Sherman, AMX Rolland...)!!

chris
Chris  France

Previous page

Return to Visited Events