Visited Events

FIGZ 2016 Pictures!

Posted by Michael Robert on 15 Jun 2016, 21:56

Hello,
thank you for your encouragements.
Lodewijk, I will certainly follow your advices. Makes full sense to me.

Question about the dance around the stone. My thinking is that such pagan vestiges were actually very popular for a long time. First you must remember that history was written by the "savant" people - the monks, and the Christian Church fought throughout all times any pagan activities. In France the last "witch processes" happened during the 18th century. I think in German countries it must have been the same. Then, I can say that menhirs are still today fascinating places. Where I live there are half a dozen scattered around the landscape in a diameter of 10 km. These stones sit in the middle of fields, the peasants plow around them with their tractors. When you approach these stones they radiate something, not just fascination... and I am an engineer with a doctorate in chemistry and physics :( What can I say?
Anyway, like many of you I love Alex' figures and the combination with the stone just made perfect sense : association of figures, historical sense (wherelse would medieval peasants party other than their big stone sitting in their field?). Just the tree looks a bit naked.

Greetings Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 19 Jun 2016, 11:08

First bunch of pictures on my webspace

http://dicewarrior.blogspot.de/2016/06/figz-2016.html
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 20 Jun 2016, 18:07

Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by MABO on 20 Jun 2016, 20:27

Thank you, Markus, for posting the pictures. A sweet memory.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Valion on 22 Jun 2016, 19:47

I really regret that we were not there. But then again, meeting my new niece for the first time was a blast, too. ;-)
I'll try my best to be at Heiden, although nothing makes up for missing the FIGZ, since it always is one of my favourite events of the year. Coming to the Netherlands, meeting you guys, and seeing all the great pieces of art..
Anyways, thank you all for posting these pictures! :-)
Valion  Germany

Previous page

Return to Visited Events