Visited Events

model x extravaganza 2013 or...

Posted by Gowan on 02 Jun 2013, 07:22

where I went instead of Arnhem :tongue: a few more things on my blog if you want to look there but I'll post some pics here.
http://gowansmodelblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/model-x-extravaganza-2013-or.html I was disappointed by the lack of traders there were 2 stands selling large amounts of second hand stuff even an Airfix B1 bomber in 1/72 :drool: :drool: but nothing in the way of figs in 1/72 apart from the usual Airfix WW2 stuff for sale at the Toy world stand (the only one selling new stuff) but I did get some loot but less than perhaps I would have got if there were more traders.

Big thanks to Pete (the man blocking the view of the more important models :lol: ) for inviting us (my father and I) along. :headbang: :headbang: his little daughter got more than either of us. but he got some WW1 biplanes so he was happy.

Special note F421 the Canterbury looks 1/72 scale judging from the helicopter and crew on it... so suitable for this site :mrgreen: perhaps the other ship below it also but I am not sure.

Some train sets... last time I went here (years ago) I got my first N scale train set... its broken now and costs to much for me to fix :cry: :cry:

Corgi stuff :-D looks really nice but is lacking in the wear and tear that shows it has lived a long life of being over loved.

and finally my loot! a new !/76 T-34 from Airfix and an old Lynx that was second hand... it is missing one half nose cone so I can only do the navy version... but I might just make a funny looking army one anyway who cares about the nose... more importantly was the dodgy looking container that came with it, not drugs inside fortunately but still not looking to good so that container is going in the bin.

anyway I hope you like this. not as big or as flash as what you guys in Europe get but its what we in New Zealand get. :cheers: :( :cheers: :cheers:
Gowan  

Posted by Peter on 02 Jun 2013, 20:42

Well I hope you had a nice day after all! Your purchase looks nice! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing this with us :thumbup:

PS: I received some regards of you from a Dutch member. It was at FIGZ ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Gowan on 03 Jun 2013, 07:31

well it was nice but after seeing the pics from FIGZ perhaps it was good that there was so little for sale or else I would have no money :evil: anyway I did have fun and I hope to go next year.

hope you had fun at FIGZ also :thumbup:
Gowan  

Return to Visited Events