Questions

1806 Prussian hussars and dragoons

Posted by Benno on 19 Mar 2008, 07:36

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know what the horses of the Prussian dragoons looked like? I have some pictures of dismounted dragoons, but nothing about the horses.

And wore Hussar regiments the same color uniforms as they did in the late Seven Years war?

Thanks in advance.
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Siegfried on 19 Mar 2008, 09:19

And wore Hussar regiments the same color uniforms as they did in the late Seven Years war?

Well, roughly it did, but there were several differences. (Btw, not all troopers had the mirleton. From 1804 shako's were introduced, and by 1806 a mix of the old and new headgear on campaign would be appropriate, though most troopers would still have the mirleton.)
I do have the details for each regiment; are you looking for a specific regiment? I could send you the details.
see http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/ , inhalt, Knötles uniformkunde
for the knötel plates, there are many about hussars on horses, both syw and 1806.

Cheers,

Christiaan
Siegfried  

Posted by Benno on 19 Mar 2008, 10:26

These have mirltons. 8)

I wonder what color uniforms they wore at that time, so I could pick one I fancy. I have a book that shows a lot of uniforms of SYW Hussars with all their equiptment, so if the uniforms are identical I could pick a color scheme from my book.

Thanks anyway. :thumbup:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Siegfried on 19 Mar 2008, 16:05

well, they are not identical, but the basic colours are the same. So choose one regiment, and I will send you the specific details of that regiment in 1806. :)

Cheers,

Christiaan
Siegfried  

Return to Questions