Questions

Strelets Borodino Set- what to do? Conversion ideas?

Posted by Adam on 24 Oct 2007, 09:07

I have bought one, and I like the russian dragoons and curassiers. I hadn't bought the Russian Hussars or Saxon GDC so they were a welcom addition. (much sheaper than metal any way- £16 for 48 ish figures and horses!!!)

anyhoo, I know strelets have done the greatcoated cuirassier (got) and are doing some cuirassier at the charge in standard uniform soon, but what about the russian dragoons? Even if they do more of these, I could still cope with a few more cuirassier and Russian draggoons, but what do you do with the other sets?

Russian hussars, well a head swap with some frenchys and you can do some french hussars, but I was thinking about candidates for the saxons?

This sounds a bit mad, but what about Portugese Cavalry? The shabraque will need the pistols holders/pouches trimming to be portugese, the valise/portmantaeu will need making round, but other than that- the helmet is not too nad, the jacket is O.K. They would need some shoulder rolls (like I did in my British dragoon conversions thread), but they have breeches and boots on which is right. Them not wearing the cuirass coul dbe a god send?

Any one think of any other use for them, or any things I have missed in uniform detail?
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Sander on 24 Oct 2007, 20:04

Well I do not know whether you missed any details but it sure sounds like a very serious conversion-project indeed! Whatever you decide I am sure you'll make the best possible with it!
Sander  Netherlands

Posted by Benno on 28 Oct 2007, 13:40

Just moved the topic to Painting. That's because in painting you can discuss on painting and possible conversions. ;-)

BTW. I have no idea what to do with the Strelets set. :silent:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Adam on 29 Oct 2007, 09:57

As a finale to this thread, I think these guys with some added wings and some blanket roll modding, and some button on their jacket will indeed do for portugese cavalry. The only publications web or real world that I can access, afford and read are ospreys and they seem to indicate a multitude of types, mostly british issue, from pointed shabraque, square to an odd square sheep skin, but given they were always below strength and even then very heavily under horsed there shouldn't be too much problem.
Adam  United Kingdom

Return to Questions