Questions

Artillery advice required!

Posted by Marvin on 17 Jan 2016, 15:25

Hi guys,

I've been merrily painting up some Victorian Royal Artillery firing an breech-loading 12 pounder Armstrong. You can see how it's going below. I do get carried away with these things, so asking questions at the point it's nearly finished is probably... ah....a little late! :oops: Nevertheless, I might do some more, so here's my questions:

Q: Where should I put the sponge? None of the figures seemed to be sculpted to hold one, but I guess as the set came with one, someone should be. If so, which one? If not, would it be stowed away in the cannon before firing or what?!

Q: Where should I put the handspike? Shouldn't this be wedged into the tail of the cannon or should someone be holding that too?

I'd like a bucket for the spongeman, but this didn't come with the set. Q:Anyone know where I can get hold of a 28mm scale bucket...

Thanking in advance any knowledgable people out there in hopefull expectation... :notworthy:

Marvin

As you can see, I'm pretty cluless about artillery and it probably shows. Hmm, looking at these pics, I might add a wisp of 'smoke' to the breech as well... :neutral:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 17 Jan 2016, 16:08

Marvin wrote:Q: Where should I put the sponge? None of the figures seemed to be sculpted to hold one, but I guess as the set came with one, someone should be. If so, which one? If not, would it be stowed away in the cannon before firing or what?!:

One of the Crew would be Holding it

Marvin wrote:Q: Where should I put the handspike? Shouldn't this be wedged into the tail of the cannon or should someone be holding that too?:

The trailspike would normaly be wedged in the tail when in Action to allow adjusting the aim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy99rH16gQk
Marvin wrote:I'd like a bucket for the spongeman, but this didn't come with the set. Q:Anyone know where I can get hold of a 28mm scale bucket...:

There´s a few accesories sets but for just one (or a set of) bucket? Gamesworkshop?
Paul  China

Posted by Marvin on 17 Jan 2016, 16:53

Paul wrote:One of the Crew would be Holding it

The trailspike would normaly be wedged in the tail when in Action to allow adjusting the aim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy99rH16gQk

There´s a few accesories sets but for just one (or a set of) bucket? Gamesworkshop?

Thanks for your response, Paul. All sounds like good advice to me! I may have a go at the other sets too! (loading and aiming). Cheers :thumbup:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Return to Questions