Questions

US Army /USMC TCU Uniform Color (Vietnam)

Posted by Arbogastiz on 09 May 2013, 20:40

Hi guys,
I'm gonna paint Esci ''USSF'' (most of them look like regular infantry, indeed :/) and Pegasus USMC. I'd like ask which Vallejo/testors/gw colors would you recommend for tropical combat uniform? Which paints will be most similar to original Olive Green Army Shade 107? (as well as new sorts - intensive green - and faded ''mint'' uniforms)
Cheers
Chris

PS. Painting different Tiger Stripes uniforms (colours and patterns) is a piece of cake :D
Arbogastiz  Poland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 May 2013, 05:48

Tamiya Olive Green looks pretty close to the box photos of the Pegasus USMC in Vietnam. Throw a brown wash over top, I think it will look alright.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Arbogastiz on 10 May 2013, 22:04

Thx for your response, Bluefalchion. Tamiya Olive Green is evidently good color for these uniforms but there's one problem - Tamiya paints' fumes are irritating to my eyes, I can't use them. And one more thing - I just don't like washing brown on green or khaki uniforms :?. I know it's effective technique for speed and impressive tabletop painting, but I prefer more time-consuming highlighting - (here:) from dark green base to brighter shade of green. So, i'm still searchin' good olive green :)
Arbogastiz  Poland

Posted by armpcm on 27 May 2013, 12:40

Hi there,

I have used the painting guide of SHQ http://www.shqminiatures.co.uk/Xtras/SH ... 965-70.PDF and was happy with the results :-)
armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Arbogastiz on 27 May 2013, 20:06

Thanks Armpcm, i know this guide, (btw, all SHQ guides :) ). I must try paint them with vallejo: Golden Olive/OliveGreen/USA Uniform for new, bright olive sorts and German Camo Bright Green mixed with Green Sky or bright grey for faded uniforms of ''vets''
Arbogastiz  Poland

Return to Questions