Questions

15mm question

Posted by Bramble15 on 21 Dec 2012, 19:49

I was wandering around the Essex Miniature site and have a general question related to the packs as I have never purchased anything from them. I have also never done anything remotely close to 15mm.

Questions
1. Do you get a random mix of 4 riders on horses per pack?
2. Are there lose parts ie. heads, weapons?
3. Is the quality decent for someone who has never painted that small before?

Any other information would obviously be helpful. I have found a few packs that I would like to try but have no working knowledge of their products or this size range. Thanks for advice in advance.

Rich
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by musketier on 23 Dec 2012, 06:28

Rich
If I recall right, the Cavalry comes in 4 to a packs and infantry in 8's. The sculpting is very well done, I myself did the English Civil War from their line. As far as poses their is a variety of poses in each pack, as far as separates Essex generally molds their figures in one piece, except the Horse and rider are separate. In my opinion they are one of the finest line of 15mm (they are on a small side of the scale, not that they are smaller than 15mm but they are hard to match up to other ranges, I did find some that worked, but its been long time and I forget right now, being a rather Large line this really isnt a big problem though). I think they will make an excellent choice for one to start a 15mm army. good luck and quite frankly 15mm isnt as hard as one thinks they are to paint up. Oh almost forgot The figures do well for display or wargaming as they have really nice detail thats clearly defined.
musketier  United States of America

Posted by Bramble15 on 24 Dec 2012, 14:56

Thank you very much Randall. This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I eye balled some mounted medievals that I would very like to try.
BTW - glad to see you around, its been awhile since I have seen your name pop up. Have a Merry Christmas.
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by musketier on 25 Dec 2012, 04:35

you are very welcome, I wish I could continue with the Essex but the Ol' eyeballs aint what they used to be :lol: but they were the most fun to paint :thumbup:
musketier  United States of America

Return to Questions